“Excellent service, above average rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Sunnyvale
New York
“Excellent service, above average rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I checked into this hotel late at night for a one night stay on Saturday. Upon walking into the lobby I was immediately greeted by two very professional front desk agents and was checked in by someone named Jessie or Jessica (sorry I forgot!). She promptly thanked me for being an SPG gold member, asked me what I'd like as my gold amenity, and proceeded to inform me that I had been given a complimentary upgrade (score!). She even acknowledged my reservation request for a second floor, courtyard facing room. Check in was quick and she apologized that there were no elevators in the building and offered to have someone help me with my bags. I declined because all I had was a small suitcase, but the gesture was much appreciated nonetheless.

I was put into room 551 which was a large room in one of the SPG preferred buildings facing the courtyard. The room was large, quiet, and looked like it had recently been renovated.

The hotel itself is laid out as multiple, two story buildings. It reminded me more of an apartment complex than a hotel, though not in a negative way. It should be noted that there are no elevators in any of the buildings so if you have a lot of luggage you may want to request a first floor room.

Location was right by the highway which made getting around easy, though there wasn't really anything close by except office buildings. Overall I had a great stay and would definitely stay here again when I'm back in the area.

Room Tip: I recommend rooms facing the courtyard and away from the highway
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

From 12/20/12 through 1/14/13 (five calls) I tried to get something as simple as a credit card authorization form emailed to me, and when I didn't receive it each time, Reservations acted as if it were my fault. Simple solution, I just cancelled everyone's reservation at this hotel. That wasn't hard at all.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Epenesa, General Manager at Sheraton Sunnyvale, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear kykoka7024,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with our reservations process. I would love to hear more about your experience in more detail so that we can address this accordingly on our end.

I do hope that you would reconsider and have those reservations reinstated if it is not too late. Otherwise, I do look forward to hearing from you. I may be reached at 408-542-8264 or by email at epenesa.pakola@sunnyvalesheraton.com.

Epenesa
Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed here for a short business trip, firstly most of the guest rooms are located in a series of other (nearby) buildings on the site, which you access by walking through a courtyard where the pool and other outdoor amenities are located. Pool looked nice, but it was nighttime and it was raining, so you do have some outdoor exposure after you've checked in to get to your room.

Other than the wet walk, the hotel was in generally good shape, the rooms were quite spacious and comfortable, and on a nice day I'm sure the walk through the courtyard isn't that bad.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed here on a points+cash reward redemption, and because it was dog friendly. We received a room on the ground floor which had a sliding glass door to the garden where I was able to take my pup out in the morning/afternoon for a walk and to play around a bit.

Hotel room was clean, there wasn't much traffic (it was 12/24-26), staff was very courteous and helpful, bed was comfortable, etc. I'd stay again, especially if traveling with a canine :)

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms have access to the outside, which can be a pro or con depending on whether or not yo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sitges, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I think I've stayed in all of the Sheratons in the San Jose/Santa Clara area now and from a comfort, value price perspective, this is not as good as some of the others. The location is OK but with its 2 floor out buildings it's a little more like a motel than a hotel. I found it rather cold and the heating system is really ancient and quite noisy. The room next door had it running all night and it was quite audible. The bed is as always very comfortable and the room is well prepared for the business traveler. It's OK but given the wide selection of Sheratons in the area I'd probably only come back here if the others were full.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Oxnard, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This hotel is close, too close, to the intersection of Hwy 237 and US101. We were put into an outside room in the 200 building. When I saw the location had a window facing the busy traffic of the highway, I walked back to the front desk to see if another room was available. I was told the hotel was full and they could not move me for the first two night of a three night stay. The hotel is very similar to the ones in Pleasanton and Bakersfield branded as Four Points but this one, although it has a more upscale brand, is not as nice as those two. It was raining during our stay and since Building 100 is exclusive to SPG Reward members, this made it necessary for us to walk into the rain instead of using the interior walkways to reach the lobby and restaurant. At $249/night, this hotel was a terrible value.

Room Tip: Get a room on the interior side towards the pool.
Petaluma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Came here on business because they had space when everything else was full, but it was actually quite nice. Older property with a bunch of separate buildings, two floors each. If you end up on the 2nd floor you'll have to drag your stuff up the stairs.

I was in the 'special building' for their regular customers, though I don't think there was really anything different about it. The standard Starwood setup which is perfectly fine for a business traveler.

Food from room service was passable, and not crazy expensive. From the slightly odd indian/italian restaurant on property.

Not sure where the ice machines are...

Nice desk, good TV, working A/C and heat, decent beds. Right by the highway, but didn't notice the noise honestly. Certainly not a great location if you want to walk around.

They appear to have a nice pool in the central courtyard though as it was November I didn't take advantage. May bring the family back here at some point in the future as it seems pretty nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Sunnyvale? Share your experiences!