“Excellent value for the price” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1085 East El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, CA 94087   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Seattle
“Excellent value for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

I was at the Domain for a weekend convention. The spacious lobby, and upstairs conversation areas were wonderful for our group. A nice buffet breakfast was including in the very reasonable room-rate. I was impressed by the cleanliness throughout -- rooms, spa, fitness center, etc. The front desk staff are pleasant, unobtrusive, and rather laid-back. The rooms are attractive, with excellent desk space, refrigerators, and plenty of counter space in the bathroom. The sleep-number beds are just sumptuous. My one criticism would be the hot water -- I had to run the shower for four minutes every morning before there was even a hint of heat to it. Very odd.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
DomainHotel, Front Office Supervisor at The Domain Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words about the Domain. We strive for excellence and take all feedback as a learning tool and we feel there is always room to improve. I have taken your comments about our hot water to our Cheif Engineer and I am hoping the wait for hot water will not be an issue for your next stay.

I cannot thank you enough for your feedback and comments. The Domain team and I look forward to seeing you again at the Domain Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

The Domain is unimpressive from the outside but has an air of spaciousness and good taste within. The staff are very friendly and know their stuff. Rooms are spacious, well equipped and the beds extremely comfortable, having comfort adjustments for each side.

Recommend it over and brand name you might use.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I take these posts very seriously and I read every one of them. I believe all guest comments/posts allow us the opportunity to focus on the areas where we can improve.

I was very pleased to see our decor grabbed your eye and we recieved an Best Design Award by HD magazine in 2007 and we love this played a part in your overall experience at the Domain. It truly makes my day to see that we hit the mark with our guests. What can we do to continue exceeding your expectations, during future visits? I would be grateful to hear some additional feedback if you have the time.

I cannot thank you enough for your feedback and comments. The Team and I look forward to seeing you again at the Domain Hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

After a horrible night shopping around for hotels this property was like an oasis in the middle of the dessert. Literally. Prior to arrival,me and my partner had a horrid experience. Upon check-in this frustration with the town was immediately taken off our shoulders. The front desk agent, Marcus showed sympathy and was
Timely in getting us into our room. Upon hearing our previous experience he then gave us a really good rate,threw in breakfast, a late check out time as we did arrive almost at midnight and threw in a bottle of red wine to take care of us. I will for sure come back next time I'm in town. This property and it's staff have been phenomenal. Not to mention the elevator in parking garage in the lower level takes you directly to the floor in which you are rooming in. Talk about convenience!

• Stayed February 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011 via mobile

Terrible staff who are incompetent and unhelpful. Hotel looks like a poor attempt at renovating a 1970s style Hotel 8. In other words, ugly. Room service doesnt even half of what is on the menu. I will never stay here again if I can avoid it, and would recommemend the same to others.

• Stayed February 2011
Le Chesnay, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

Discovered recently during an event, I decided to stay a few days to really evaluate the hotel and the various services. I was very well surprised by all elements: room space and cleanliness, food, global atmosphere and modern decoration. It's a very interesting combination where you feel good, perfect for work, very central also and ideal for family with a swimming pool. I will recommend this hotel without any doubt and even already booked my next stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

We used to live in the Bay Area and loved every minute of it. Now we live in another part of CA, but every time we head back to our favorite place, we stay at the Domain. It's like our home away from home. The staff is always great and friendly. The room is spotless and comfy. Love the Sleep # beds and all the little modern touches. The hotel smells great too! Don't think we haven't noticed your ability with Feng Shui! Thanks Domain for an always enjoyable stay...we'll be back! :-)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

We wanted to just get out and go have a fun evening where we could make a mess, lay in bed watch a movie and cupcake. What a fantastic hotel . 1st-BARGAIN under $70 , 2nd Staff was personable and friendly . Corey was sweet, quick to offer advice about the hotel and definately a plus to have on staff.
3rd Hotel has just been totally redone so it is funky and modern. Was not expecting to see this little jewel tucked into such a random area on El Camino ( but I will take it) Love the open space and the kitschy little lobby furniture. The color scheme is relaxing.
4th The rooms are not the W, but they definately thought of all the little things. From the sleep number beds, to extra pillows in the closet, Ample lighting , modern furniture (comfy). Wish they movies to order but it was ok.
5th- maybe it's because it was after christmas but we never heard anyone and we were situated in a room right about the dining area ( an inside room )

We didn't have a chance to try food or beverage service whether downstairs or room service but we'll be back so next time!
When my ffriends or family come to town, this is a great little hotel!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Domain Hotel? Share your experiences!