“Great value, nice staff, wonderful room!” 5 of 5 stars

The Domain Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1085 East El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, CA 94087   |
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Palo Alto, CA
“Great value, nice staff, wonderful room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

My husband and I took a suite at the Domain Hotel for New Year's for 2 nights. This place exceeded our expectations by a mile! We were able to book a 3-room suite (I'm including the large bathroom) on the 3rd/top floor in a quiet corner of the building. The suite had 2 balconies with sliding glass doors, 2 HDTVs -- one in the bedroom, one in the sitting room -- a King bed that was wonderfully comfortable, a big bathroom with a jacuzzi tub, a mini-fridge, and nice furnishings all around. It was clean, quiet, and had every convenience. The complementary breakfast in the Bytes Cafe downstairs was decent with good coffee, pastries, fruit, and cereals. We were blown away by the dollar value for this wonderful experience! We'll return for sure.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Silicon Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

I had read good reviews about the hotel and usually I find that they are less than truthful, but I found they were actually right on. The decor/style was refreshingly different and the public spaces were open and airy. Great lighting and very private rooms.
I will definitely stay again and refer others.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

An amazing place! I spend there only one night (during the leisure travel) and didn't want to leave it. Although it doesn't look impressive from the outside, but inside it's like a palace!!! For the value (costs like a motel - $59 per double room) it was more then great.
Clean, tidy rooms (incl. the bathroom), everything stylish and comfortable, bedding is much more then just comfortable.
Breakfast was served with a lot of apologies (that its not a season and the choice is pure), but much better then ANY within USA :-) (incl. eggs, hot oatmeal, yogurt, etc. ).
The only thing I can mention, that there are some rooms with windows facing... the interior of the hotel (lobby), which might be not that nice, but we were lucky not to get such a room :-)

Ventura, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while visiting my niece in Sunnyvale. We chose this hotel because of the previous reviews and the price of $59/night could not be beat. I think we got that price because it was the weekend before Christmas and maybe some of the big companies were shutting down for the holiday season.
The underground parking was free with easy access to the elevator.
The lobby was chic, bright, and welcoming. We stayed in one of the Deluxe King rooms, which was super clean and beautifully decorated (not your ordinary hotel room decor - see pics). There's a nice-size flat screen tv, a cool looking clock radio/night light which also had an ipod docking station, and the free WiFi was excellent.
We also had a sliding glass door that led out onto a small balcony, nice for fresh air.
The bed was plush and very comfortable with plenty of pillows and a warm comforter; and the hotel was very quiet for a restful sleep.
I am hoping to visit my niece again soon and will most definitely choose this hotel for my stay.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

As a frequent business traveler, I spend quite a bit of time in hotels and I can honestly say that anytime I am in the Mountain View, CA area, The Domain hotel is always my first choice. It has a very modern feel with very comfortable "sleep number" beds and and the staff always provides exceptional service. When entering my room upon check-in, there is always a personalized note in my room to make me feel welcomed. The rooms are very, very clean and are equipped with everything that I need to be able to work efficiently. I highly recommend The Domain for anyone traveling for business or pleasure!

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

I work for a company based in the area and stay at The Domain Hotel about once a month. The Domain Hotel is a boutique-like hotel that seems to cater to the business traveler. They have all of the amenities you would expect (free wifi, breakfast, etc) in a chain hotel at a fraction of the price. I was staying at the Holiday Inn Express on El Camino Real an was paying about 170.00 per night. The Domain has been averaging around $130.00 per night.

The customer service is excellent and they have a great bar and full restaurant (complete with room service). Nadia, the bar tender, is always great!

West Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

I am a big fan of Joie de Vivre Hotels -- in my experience they have been fresh, clean and friendly. The accommodations are everything I'm looking for and they have personality. The ipod docking station was a surprise bonus at this one.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Been to The Domain Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!