“Nothing fancy, but good value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 34 hotels in Sunnyvale
Columbus, Ohio
“Nothing fancy, but good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed a couple of nights and had no complaints. It was clean and comfortable and well-located for my visit. There are many properties to choose from in this region, and I can recommend this one unless you want something fancy or with more breakfast options.

Room Tip: I had a end room which was quiet and had extra square footage. I assume rooms toward the back of the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Location; Easy access to Lawrence Expy/Rt 237/101/85/280/101!! Gets you where you need to be to major access roads.

Property: 2-Story(no elevator)/ outdoor pool. Faces major rd. As such, should have some form of bushes, etc. to give more privacy. Lobby small, but clean. Pick side facing Persian Dr for more quite room.

Room: Clean, comfortable. Wide but not deep. Coffee maker, small fridge. Did not see safe in room. Big 43"flat panel TV w/ many channels to choose from! Free wi-fi and free breakfast buffet too. Typical morning food fair for this property. Enough to eat and make you happy. Auto temp control. However, fan is a bit too close in that you can feel fan on your face while sleeping. Nice desk/chair. Bed comfy. Lights in room s/b soft white. I think some were "daylight". Felt like I was in a hospital. Not a major deal breaker.

Here is where I got ticked off. I had put up Do Not Disturb sign on door. Apparently it came off and so they entered my room! Did not appreciate that, especially since no in-room safe. Just make sure sign is secure on door handle!

Room Tip: Persian Dr side
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was my first stay at a Quality Inn and I was quite surprised and impressed. If this is typical of others the mother company needs to redo their logo, etc, because it shouts down-market budget but they offer a very up-market experience. If the place had a restaurant it could easily get a 4-star rating.
My room was huge with lots of comfy furniture. The flat screen TV had more channels than I knew existed and in languages I could not even guess.
The room had a coffee/tea set, refrig and microwave.
The desk had a power outlet at table level. The wifi was good and I think there was also a cable connection.
One negative and I am hoping it was a fluke is that my room was not serviced on Day 2. I was gone from 7:30am to 6pm so they had the opportunity. It didn’t impact my second night so I didn’t say anything.
Also, they billed my credit card twice for the room but I assume this will get worked out in due time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

General Manager very rude. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. Originally made reservations for approx 3 weeks but after speaking with the manager I immediately made reservations else where with better customer service and living conditions. I also made a note to our travel agency and my company not to book this hotel.

Stayed September 2013
Sequim, Wa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

If you and your family are visiting Great America, or the area, this hotel is a good choice. Clean, comfortable rooms, nice pool and exercise room. A few finishing touches needed as it looked like improvements to the facility were being actively pursued. A note about the staff, they were very nice and made us feel very welcome. Krishna is a very kind, hard working lady and made our stay so enjoyable. Final note, you are minutes from Great America and just a quarter mile from Hwy. 237. When we return we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Nice hotel. Not much to say other than it is what I expect from a Quality Inn. Large room, good service, clean hotel areas, good breakfast. Breakfast could be better, scrambled eggs were kind of watery. But no other complaints. I am a very picky traveler, so I am giving it 3 stars because it is average, there wasn't anything about the hotel that stood out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Upon arrival about 1 pm, the front desk clerk seemed in a rush but found us a room we could check into. We stayed here as a friend was getting married the next day and they were staying here. We laid down for a nap in the afternoon after driving 400 miles to get here. I forgot to latch the door so nobody can enter. I awoke to what I thought was a faint knock at the door and as I got up from the bed, the manager was standing in the doorway with a part for the toilet in his hand and as I asked him what is he doing he said "you complained about the toilet running?"
I said I had not and he told me "someone complained the toilet was running and I must fix it!"
All the while I am standing in front of this guy in my UNDERWEAR!! He still has the front door open, people are walking by and looking in. I look in the bathroom and there is a maintenance custodian on the floor with the cover to the toilet off. I realized I was not dressed and reached for my pants. I said it would have been nice if you knocked. he said he did. He asked me if I wanted him to come back later. I said after I check out. I will jiggle the handle so as to stop the running water. Reminded me of Basil Faulty from the British comedy Faulty Towers. Next morning at the continental breakfast I don't think they recognized me as they asked me what room I was in. Funny, they didn't ask anybody else. Just average room, construction ongoing, way overpriced.

Room Tip: Be sure to latch the door!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn Santa Clara Convention Center? Share your experiences!