“Hope all Quality Inns are this nice” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 34 hotels in Sunnyvale
Chicago, Illinois
“Hope all Quality Inns are this nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was my first stay at a Quality Inn and I was quite surprised and impressed. If this is typical of others the mother company needs to redo their logo, etc, because it shouts down-market budget but they offer a very up-market experience. If the place had a restaurant it could easily get a 4-star rating.
My room was huge with lots of comfy furniture. The flat screen TV had more channels than I knew existed and in languages I could not even guess.
The room had a coffee/tea set, refrig and microwave.
The desk had a power outlet at table level. The wifi was good and I think there was also a cable connection.
One negative and I am hoping it was a fluke is that my room was not serviced on Day 2. I was gone from 7:30am to 6pm so they had the opportunity. It didn’t impact my second night so I didn’t say anything.
Also, they billed my credit card twice for the room but I assume this will get worked out in due time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

General Manager very rude. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. Originally made reservations for approx 3 weeks but after speaking with the manager I immediately made reservations else where with better customer service and living conditions. I also made a note to our travel agency and my company not to book this hotel.

Stayed September 2013
Sequim, Wa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

If you and your family are visiting Great America, or the area, this hotel is a good choice. Clean, comfortable rooms, nice pool and exercise room. A few finishing touches needed as it looked like improvements to the facility were being actively pursued. A note about the staff, they were very nice and made us feel very welcome. Krishna is a very kind, hard working lady and made our stay so enjoyable. Final note, you are minutes from Great America and just a quarter mile from Hwy. 237. When we return we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Nice hotel. Not much to say other than it is what I expect from a Quality Inn. Large room, good service, clean hotel areas, good breakfast. Breakfast could be better, scrambled eggs were kind of watery. But no other complaints. I am a very picky traveler, so I am giving it 3 stars because it is average, there wasn't anything about the hotel that stood out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Upon arrival about 1 pm, the front desk clerk seemed in a rush but found us a room we could check into. We stayed here as a friend was getting married the next day and they were staying here. We laid down for a nap in the afternoon after driving 400 miles to get here. I forgot to latch the door so nobody can enter. I awoke to what I thought was a faint knock at the door and as I got up from the bed, the manager was standing in the doorway with a part for the toilet in his hand and as I asked him what is he doing he said "you complained about the toilet running?"
I said I had not and he told me "someone complained the toilet was running and I must fix it!"
All the while I am standing in front of this guy in my UNDERWEAR!! He still has the front door open, people are walking by and looking in. I look in the bathroom and there is a maintenance custodian on the floor with the cover to the toilet off. I realized I was not dressed and reached for my pants. I said it would have been nice if you knocked. he said he did. He asked me if I wanted him to come back later. I said after I check out. I will jiggle the handle so as to stop the running water. Reminded me of Basil Faulty from the British comedy Faulty Towers. Next morning at the continental breakfast I don't think they recognized me as they asked me what room I was in. Funny, they didn't ask anybody else. Just average room, construction ongoing, way overpriced.

Room Tip: Be sure to latch the door!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I only rated this inn 5 stars because I couldn't rate it a 10. We stayed here because my Dad was having open heart surgery & this was the best place we could find. I was SO pleased by the caring staff, especially Jay & his wife Krishna. Everyday they asked how my Dad was & really were genuine people. They made my stay SO pleasant. The breakfast was delicious. The rooms had a fridge & a microwave, that made it SO convenient. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a place to stay. 10 out of 5

• Stayed June 2013
Jacksonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed here twice. For convenience and no frills the hotel can't be beat. The rooms are large, nicely appointed and have a decent sized refrigerator and microwave which is nice to have! The bathrooms are also roomy and immaculate. The beds are comfy and all the soft goods seem new. My only issue was with HBO - the reception wasn't right but the manager said they are updating not only HBO but also adding a gym and other amenities. Couldn't partake of the breakfast as I was fasting for a procedure but I'm sure it was standard.

Not sure if the upgrades will raise the cost but this was exactly what I needed at the lowest cost in the area by close to $50!

Room Tip: Second floor unless handicapped.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn Santa Clara Convention Center? Share your experiences!