“Ripped off!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Sunnyvale
sacramento
“Ripped off!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

The Inn may be nice, but the accounting staff is horrible! They charged both of my fiance's visa cards and then when I called to get my money back, told me that they had no record of his stay. I called only two days after he stayed. I had to fax the accounting manager Santi (who mocked me on the telephone) both account statements proving he was charged and still got no results. I am currently disputing the charges through my bank, but I will NEVER reccomend this Inn to anybody, nor will we ever stay in another Ramada again!

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — the accounting staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
HotelierRSV, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, June 23, 2008
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. After reading your review shortly after it was posted we immediately attempted to contact you via the email link on the posting however to date we have not had a response from you. As we do not have access to your details we are unable to do any research on your complaint however we do apologise if it was not dealt with in a prompt and professional manner as it is our goal here at Ramada Silicon Valley to ensure that our guests receive the best possible service each and every time they stay with us. We sincerely hope that you will return to stay with us on your next trip to the area so that we can prove to you that customer service is our number one priority here at Ramada Silicon Valley.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

After scouring the hotels in the area I settled on this one because of cost. The hotel is not overly appealing but I found the room to be in good condition and the bed was top of the line.

Did not use any other amenities in the hotel so I can not comment. Be sure to book courtyard or rear as hotel is near 101 freeway.

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — The highway noise
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2007

I travel average around 2 times per month in the last 5 years on business. I came to Sunnyvale for a 10 day business trip. I love this hotel. This Hotel is sticking out as well above average. The building itself is kind of old, but they keep it very well maintained.

I found my room to be very well cleaned which I am particular about. I stayed in 5 star hotels where you don't want to walk around barefoot. This one is cool. Very neat and clean. My co-worker got a smoking room and is not so happy, it is either that these rooms are kind of different or it is that fact that he is a little picky sometimes.

I can recommend this place.

P.S. The Hot Breakfast Bar is AMAZING. You can skip lunch after these breakfasts here.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2007

My company booked me into this motel on my first trip to the area. I was not particularly impressed with the place. The property is right up against the busy CA-101 freeway, so unless you are on the back side of the motel it can be a little noisy. The room was average. The complimentary breakfast was nothing to brag about - I would have preferred going someplace else and paying for a decent meal.
The place isn't horrible, but I did have higher expectations for a Ramada.
Needless to say, I have not gone back.

• Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
HotelierRSV, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, July 24, 2007
Thank you for your comments. In regards to noise levels, although we are close to Highway 101 our rooms are well insulated and once inside there is no noticeable freeway noise regardless of the room location. We make every attempt to offer items on our breakfast buffet that will provide something for everyone. These items include 4 hot items (bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and potatoes), cold cuts and cheese, yogurt, fresh fruit, assorted juices, breakfast breads including fresh bagels and croissants and assorted cereals. We also offer a full a la carte breakfast menu that includes items not found on the buffet. We appeciate your comments and are sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expecations.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2007

I stayed at the Ramada Silicon Valley this week for three nights and I had a great stay. I had such a good night's sleep on the beds. They were so comfortable!
The lobby is very inviting and I was greeted warmly by the front desk staff when I checked-in.
The hotel has a beautiful tropical courtyard where you can sit under a shady umbrella or relax by the pool.
I ate most of my meals at their wonderful restaurant. One night I ate at the sushi bar and the sushi was so fresh. They also have a wide selection of dishes on their menu. Don't miss breakfast! It was fantastic!
Whether I was enjoying a meal in the restaurant or relaxing by the pool, the staff was very friendly and helpful.
I appreciated having wireless internet throughout the entire property so I could do my work.
I couldn't have asked for more. I had such a wonderful stay and I will definitely be returning!

• Liked — A very comfortable stay!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
santa clara
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2007

Below is a complaint letter I wrote to the General Manager and the Manager of the Front desk. We're frequent guests to this hotel, but get terrible customer service by one female employee two times we have stayed there already. You would think the first time we complained about her that she would have given us better customer service. Nope, read on to find out what happened to us when we extended our stay for another night and called the front desk from our hotel room to ask to speak to a manager...

Hello Steve,

I hope that you remember me from my other complaint regarding one of your employees. I really hate contacting you only when Frank and I have complaints. But this incident that happened to us on 2/10/07 is really inexcusable by our standards. We checked into the hotel on 2/9 and wanted to extend our stay on 2/10, but the incident that happened let to us being asked to leave the hotel.

I actually called the hotel Sunday afternoon on 2/11, around 12pm to ask to speak with a manager. Cruz, the front desk clerk at the time told me that Fred was on duty as the supervisor, but the best person that I should speak to would be Catherine. Below is my email to her asking her to investigate this incident. Could you as well investigate why were were treated this way by your employee, Jody? As well as why a manager was never called or present when Frank was checking out?

I told you in the past that we would never stay at your hotel again, but we couldn't stay away. We felt that we were welcomed back any time after you had cleared up the other incident and extended your welcome for us to return. We really do enjoy staying at your hotel, because of the reasonable room rate and complimentary breakfast included, and a good and pleasant staff of employees that have checked us in the past without an incidents. We don't visit your hotel to cause trouble to any of your employees, but when we are being treated rude and not in an acceptable manner by one of your employees, I think we have the right to complain. I would really like to know from whom Jody heard that we said we would never stay at this hotel again, since she made this remark to me when she called our hotel room to taunt us. I really can't believe her immaturity and unprofessional behavior she had in us asking to be simply transferred to a manager to speak to. We would really like to know why a manager was not called at any time when we were requesting to speak to one and even when the incident escalated to Frank and I being asked to leave. The comment that the male employee bothers us, "Sorry, we back our employees and you should probably just go." Is this how your hotel really operates? It backs up their employees without even hearing their guests' side of the situation? In this situation, all we wanted to do was talk to a manager about the room rate we were charged and the complimentary breakfasts tickets. I don't see anything wrong in calling the front desk from our hotel room to ask to speak with a manager. At that point, Jody who was the front desk clerk at the time, should have used better judgment and just simply transferred our call to a manager. I don't know why she gave us the run around and keep stalling to get a manager on the phone when we asked repeatedly, numerous times. Is this how your guests are treated? They can't even talk to a manager when they are calling from within the hotel. I had an easier time calling yesterday and speaking with Cruz and requesting for a manager when I called from home. Also, we really didn't appreciate her rude remarks about Frank and I when Frank was checking out. She should have not continued to "fuel the fire" by saying anything else, especially when we were leaving the hotel anyways. She should have kept her comments to herself being that she is on company time and she is working an a Ramada employee. Her derogatory comments about our ages were totally out of line in her position.

I'm sorry that I sound upset, but this whole situation really upset and ruined my whole weekend. Frank and I were expecting to just relax and get-away from the daily hassles of our life and were expecting to enjoy this past weekend at your hotel. And then this happened. All because we wanted to speak with a manager and were basically denied that right as hotel guests. Bottom line is we are paying customers to your hotel, and if she had a grudge against me complaining in the past about her, she should have taken the higher road and not behaved as unprofessional as she did. I would think that after I had complained the first time about her attitude, that she would be working on her customer service skills towards guests to better herself. But I guess in this case she took it personally and held that grudge. All matters aside, this is a business and we are paying customers and deserve to be treated with some sort of respect. I would understand if we were in any way a disruption to your hotel in the sense of us not paying for our stay, being overly rude to any of your employees, throwing a wild party or being loud and disturbing other hotel guests. But in this case, all we wanted to do was speak with a manager regarding the room rate we were charged for the second night's stay and a reason why we weren't given the complimentary breakfast for that stay. And yes, I did get upset and cursed "I want to talk to a [--] manager now." only out of frustration because I had to keep asking to speak to one. What was the problem in transferring my call or getting a manager to speak to me after the first time I asked? The second time I asked or even the third, fourth, fifth, sixth time? Or even when Jody hung up on me, and Frank called back to ask to speak with a manager. How come we still were not transferred to one??

Please contact me by email or telephone at -------in regards to this incident.

Rachel & Frank

From: Rachel
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 7:56 AM
To:
Subject: Re: Hotel Stay 2/9-2/10 Complaint

Hello Catherine-

I'm hoping you can help me on this incident that happened at your hotel, Ramada Silicon Valley on our stay (actually, not even a full stay) on Saturday, 2/10/07.

My fiance, Frank and I checked into the Ramada Silicon Valley on Friday night, 2/9. The room (# 186) was under my fiance's name. We paid the rate of $79.99 plus tax and deposit, which came to a total of $137.19. We were given complimentary breakfasts tickets for the next morning. We were suppose to check out the following day, Saturday, 2/10. But after waking up on Saturday morning and having the complimentary buffet breakfast, we decided to extend our stay one more day. Frank went down to the front lobby before the 12pm check-out time to pay in cash for another night's stay. When he returned to the room, he told me that we didn't get the complimentary breakfast this time. I asked him what rate we were charged and Frank replied we paid the same rate, $79.99. I asked him who the front desk person was that helped him and he responded to me, "That lady that you complained about before." He said he asked about the breakfasts tickets, but she (the front desk person) told him that they were "complimentary breakfasts." No explanation other than that the breakfast was "complimentary." At that point, I was upset to find out we paid the same rate as the night before, but not given the breakfast tickets for our extended stay. In a way, I felt that we were being ripped off. How could we pay the same rate for two nights and be denied the complimentary breakfast we thought we were paying for the next day? I wanted Frank to call the front desk to complain, but he wanted to wait until the night shift employees arrived. He felt that if we complained right then, that we wouldn't get the service or attention to this issue that we deserved. But I insisted to Frank that we should speak to a manager right then. Because at that point, I really felt uncomfortable staying in a hotel where I feel like we're being ripped off. I tried not to let it bother me, but I just couldn't relax thinking that the hotel we love to stay at had just ripped us off for what we thought we were paying for.

I finally called the front desk around 12pm. A woman answered the front desk phone. I asked the woman if I could speak to a manager. I was not angry at all when I had asked. I asked in a normal manner. The woman hesitated and asked what this was about. I didn't want to tell her, because I thought this is a question and conversation I should be having with a manager. So, I responded, "I'd just like to talk to a manager, please." She then responded, "I have to know what this is about so I can transfer you to the right manager. We have several managers." I then told her, "Any manager, the front desk manager please." After I said that I kept asking for the front desk manager, since she wanted me to be specific. All I wanted was to speak to a manager about the rate we were charged and why we weren't given the complimentary breakfasts tickets for our second night's stay. In my opinion, the woman kept stalling to get a manager and basically giving me the run around. I was still not transferred to a manger after asking several times to speak with one. She kept insisting that she had to know what the problem was and I told her that I just want to speak to a manager. At one point, I told her that I'm a hotel guest and if she could transferred me to a manager. And at another point, I finally yelled and told her, "I want to talk to a [--] manager now." I'm sorry to have cursed, but at that point I'm already frustrated, because I don't even know why I'm having to ask to speak to a manager more times than I can count and still not be transferred to one. Next thing I know, she hung up on me. I called the front desk again, this time Frank asked to speak to a manager, because he was calm. To be honest, I didn't want to call and get into an argument with the woman because I know that I am already upset and I didn't want it to be worst than it really was. Even with Frank asking to speak with a manager, she gave him the run around too. I'm not sure why at that point we haven't even been transferred to a manager to speak to, especially with the front desk person knowing that I'm obviously upset. After a few seconds of listening to Frank ask for a manager on my end, I got back on the phone and said, "We want to speak with the General Manger. I want to speak with Steve Summers." I was surprised that she finally transferred our call, but not to Steve Summers' voice mail. She had transferred us to what sounded like the main answering machine to me. There was no outgoing greeting indicating that it was Steve's voice mail. So, I hung up. Right after I hung up the phone, our room phone rings. Thinking that it's finally a manager calling us back, I pick up the phone and say, "Hello." To my shock it's the woman at the front desk saying to me, "For someone that says they don't want to stay at this hotel, what are you even doing here?" And she hangs up on me again! And again, I'm angered by this, because at that point she crossed the line by calling our room taunting us. I didn't even mention to her who is was when I called the first time or the whole time I was asking for the manager. But obviously, she knew who we were since Frank has just gone down to extend our stay and I'm pretty sure the hotel has a telephone system that shows what room is calling the front desk. This woman that I had complained about in the past is obviously holding a grudge against us if she's calling our room back to make a comment like that to me. Well, after the woman hangs up, I call back the front desk and without me even saying a word, she says "Stop harassing me!" and hangs up the phone again! There was no way that I was harassing her, nor did Frank say anything to her. The only words we kept saying to her was "Can we talk to a manager?" several times, over and over again. At this point, Frank and I were ready to leave and we ready to go to the front lobby in person. We were not going to stay in a hotel where we can't even talk to a manager when requested and especially be treated the way we were by one of the hotel employees. Also, at this point, I'm very concerned that this woman is crazy to make a comment such as "Stop harassing me!" when all we're doing is dialing "0" for the front desk to speak to a manager. I did not say anything rude to her except when I cursed (using the [--]) in asking for a manager and that was only after several minutes of her giving me the run around. As Frank and I were gathering our things, the room phone rings again. This time, Frank answered the phone and it was the same front desk clerk calling to let us know that "We decided we don't want you as guests here anymore, so we're refunding your money." Frank responds calmly, "Okay," and hangs up the phone. Again after a couple of minutes of getting our stuff together, the room phone rings again and it's the same woman calling to let us know "We're giving you fifteen minutes to get your stuff and get ready." Again, Frank who answered the phone responded calmly, "Okay," and hangs up the phone. The woman already called the room three times and without a manager for us to speak to. At this point, Frank and I are really upset and shocked to why we're being asked to leave when all we wanted in the first place was to simply talk to a manager about the rate and breakfast tickets. And still we haven't talked to a manager at all.

We drive up to the front of the hotel, and Frank asks me to stay in the car because he doesn't want me arguing with the woman. Frank goes inside to get check-out and get our refund. He said that he asked the woman at the front desk, "Why didn't you just transfer us to a manager?" Her response to that was,"Because your girlfriend cursed at me." Then she made the comment to Frank, "You should tell your girlfriend to get a man instead of a little boy." Frank asked her, "Why do you say that?" Her response was "Because she's 40 and you're young." At this point, Frank is really upset because she's making personal attacks to both of us, especially saying this comment to him face-to-face. She doesn't even know us to be judging us. So, Frank tells her that I'm only 28 and he's 29 and that we both have our bachelors' degrees and very educated people, which he didn't even have to tell her, but if she's going to make a comment like that to him, he is going to respond. The woman also made a comment to my boyfriend saying, "I don't make enough to deal with your girlfriend." Some other employee, an older Asian male (perhaps Japanesse) finally came out from the upstairs office to hear Frank give that woman a piece of his mind. Frank was not cursing at this woman, but was simply telling her that it's not our fault that she has to work behind this desk and that she's obviously angry about it if she going to make a comment like that about not getting paid enough to deal with me. According to Frank, the front desk clerk tells this other male employee, "This is the guest I was telling you about." (What did she tell him about us?? That we wanted to speak with a manager and that I got irrate, because I wasn't transferred to a manager when asked to speak with one??) The male employee then told Frank to leave and that they don't want us there as guests anymore. This male employee that finally showed up, we are assuming is the manager that we kept asking to speak to. He didn't even bother to hear our side of the story. Frank told him that we've stayed at this hotel many times and have never been treated like this. The male employee still did not want to hear our side and told Frank bluntly, "Sorry, we back our employees and you should probably just go." The funny thing about this, is that we still hadn't talked to a manager about what we wanted to ask about in the first place: the rate we were charged and the complimentary breakfast tickets.

On our part, we did nothing wrong in asking to speak with a manager when I first called the front desk. Even after being specific with which manager (because she needed to know specifically which manager to transfer my call) I wanted to speak to, I still was not transferred to the front desk manager. Yes, I did get angry and cursed, but only because I kept asking several times to speak to a manager. Even with Frank asking calmly the second time to speak with a manager and also getting the run around, we felt that there is something seriously wrong with whom ever is working the front desk if our request is not being fulfilled. And something mentally wrong, if this woman is calling our room to ask me, "For someone that says they don't want to stay at this hotel, what are you even doing here?" And when I call back the front desk to complain about that comment, I don't even get a chance to speak a word and this same hotel employee is telling me, "Stop harassing me!" and hangs up on me again. For goodness sake, I'm calling the front desk to speak to a manager! I'm not calling her to harass her!

What I don't understand is why weren't we transferred to a manager, any manager when we asked to speak to one? Or even when I specified to speak to the front desk manager? And how come we still weren't transferred to a manager when I was angry and yelling at the front desk clerk to speak to one? And how come when the male employee came down from the office, we weren't asked what the problem was? We were just told to leave.

Frank and I have stayed at the Ramada Inn for several years now. As I told, Steve Summers in the past, we like to stay at this hotel because it feels like we're on a vacation from everything even though it's only 15 minutes from our own homes. This place is special to us, because we've stayed at this hotel when we first started dating years back. After the relationship got more serious, we stopped staying at this hotel for a few years, because we decided to move in together. Then when we decided that we were going to get married, we sacrificed living together now and paying rent for an apartment, so that we can buy our own home in a few years. We both moved back home with our family, so that we can save for our wedding and new home in the future. When we feel we need to get away from everything and just spend some time together, we like to stay at this particular Ramada because of the memories we have. We also like the employees, who know us and have checked us in in the past. I'm sorry to get so personal, but I want you to understand who we are and what this place means to Frank and I. Frank and I aren't bad people who cause problems at this hotel. But if we aren't getting treated the way we feel we should be treated, then we will voice our opinions about it. We don't except superior customer service from your employees, but just treating us with politeness and respect is all we ask. And this incident really proved to us how unappreciated we are by one of your hotel staff. We are loyal guests to your hotel, who have stayed in your hotel at least once a month through a whole year.

When I complained to Steve about another employee in the past, he was very interested in investigating the whole situation, which seemed to be a misunderstanding on our part and the employee's part. After all was said and done, Steve extended his offer to have us come back to stay at the hotel in the future. I denied it; telling Steve that we would never stay at this hotel ever again. After a few months, we, especially me, swallowed our pride and decided that since Steve had extended a welcome for us to stay at the hotel again, we would give it another try. So far, we've been staying at the hotel at least once a month without any problems. One of the employees, Rommuelo, even told us it was nice seeing us again. Little things like that, we really appreciate. However, there was an incident on January 1, 2007. Frank and I had checked in the hotel on New Year's Eve to celebrate with another couple who are friends of ours. They also checked into a room at this hotel that night. We didn't want to celebrate at a big party, because we didn't want to drink and drive. So, the best solution for all of us was to check into a hotel to celebrate New Year's Eve. We chose the Ramada, because of the awesome room rate and the atmosphere of the hotel.

The next day, we had to check out of the room. Frank tried to check out of the room for me, which he's done in the past numerous times when the room is under my name. We've never had problems before. But that day, Frank returns to the car to tell me that I need to get out of the car that there's a problem with my card. Bascially, the front desk clerk (who happened to be the front desk clerk on 2/10) needed to see me. She had a problem with Frank checking out of the room, when I had paid for the room on my ATM card. I went inside and asked what the problem was. She was very short with me and slammed down my card on the counter. When she did this, I asked to speak with the manager. At that time, the manager came out to speak with me. I don't recall her name, but she was young and looked like she was of Hawaiian or Filipino hertitage. I tried to explain what the problem was, but was frustrated. I write better than I speak, so it's hard for me to explain verbally what the problem is, especially when I'm angry. We left and when I had arrived at home, I called the hotel to ask to speak with the manager. Without any problem, I was transferreed to the same manager I had spoken to at the hotel. With me being more calm, I again explained to her the incident that I wanted to complain about. At that time, I learned that the rude front desk clerk was named Jody. I told this manager my complaint about Jody and I also told her that I would email Steve about this, but I decided to let it go since the manager was already going to let Steve know about it anyways. The manager who handled this was very professional and polite when I had spoken to her. She explained to me the credit card situation and listened to me when I had my complaint about Jody.

My whole point about this is that Jody obviously has a grudge against us, especially me for complaining about her in the past. And it affected how she handled the situation of me calling the front desk to speak with a manager on our last stay on 2/10, or should I say when we got kicked out of the hotel. On my part, I didn't know who would be answering the phone when I called, so I figured asking for the manager is the safe and best choice to speak to about the room rate and breakfast tickets. I was in no way rude to her in asking for a manager, but when she kept giving me the run around, yes, I do admit I got irrate and cursed, because I don't believe that I should have asked the number of times I did and still not have been transferred to a manager. But when she called back our hotel room to make that comment ,"For someone that says they don't want to stay at this hotel, what are you even doing here?" to me, only to hang up. I knew it was Jody, because I really can't see the other employees being so unprofessional with the hotel guests. I believe she crossed the line as an employee when she called back the room to taunt us with her remark. To me, that is taking my complaint about her in the past to a personal level, which obviously affected her reasoning on how to handle the situation of us asking for a manager to speak to. We don't even know what she told that other male employee who asked us to leave, because he was already on her side about the whole situation without hearing our side. Again, all we wanted to do was speak with a manager as to why we were getting charged the same rate the night before, but not given the complimentary breakfasts. Jody could have prevented the whole incident just by transferring our call to a manager, any manager to speak to when we asked. Let the manager handle us if we have a problem. But I truly believe that Jody has a grudge against us for my past complaint and used her employee status as an advantage to embarrass us and get us kicked out of the hotel that day. She obviously knew what room we were staying in when Frank had paid for another night and when I called from the room, she already knew it was us calling.

Catherine, I ask that you please investigate this incident that happened. We truly feel we didn't do anything wrong as all we wanted to do was speak with a manager and we were, for whatever reason denied that right as guests to this hotel. We also truly feel that Jody used her employee status to her advantage to embarrass us and twist this whole incident into her favor based on the action and response ("Sorry, we back our employees and you should probably just go.") of the male employee that asked us to leave when Frank was checking out of the hotel.

Some of the questions we would like answered are:
1. How come we weren't transferred to a manager when we first asked?
2. How come we still weren't transferred to a manager even when specified like Jody asked to the front desk manager?
3. How come she didn't transfer us to a manager when I got angry, which is obviously a sign that the situation has now escalated?
4. How come she didn't transfer us to a manager when Frank had asked calmly?
5. Why did she feel she needed to call our room to taunt us?
6. What did she really tell the manager or the male employee that asked us to leave about us?
7. Why didn't the male employee ask Frank what the problem was?
8. Where was the manager on duty or any manager the whole time this was going on? Where was the manager during our phone calls to the front desk? Where was the manager during Jody's calls back to our room?
9. Where was the manager when Frank was checking out?
10. Where was the manager when Jody was making rude comments about Frank and I when he was checking out? Were these rude comments about us out of line in regards to being a Ramada Inn employee?
11. What took so long for the male employee to come to the lobby?
12. How come a manager still didn't speak to us when Frank checked out to hear our side of the incident?
13. What was the reason for us to be asked to leave the hotel? Because I used the [--] after getting frustrated when I was still not transferred to a manager??
14. What disciplinary actions will be taken in regards to Jody's actions and comments to us?

We are truly upset by this whole incident. All we wanted to do was extend our stay at the hotel one more day, which we did. But when we were charged the same rate as the night before without getting the complimentary breakfast, we felt we were being ripped off in a way. We wanted to talk to a manager who could best explain the reason why were weren't getting the complimentary breakfast and we were denied that right to speak with a manager as hotel guests. We truly feel that Jody has a grudge against us and it did affect how she handled this whole situation and basically turned the whole situation into her favor. We're not even sure why we got kicked out of the hotel. On our part, we were never rude to her in anyway except when I cursed "I want to talk to a [--] manager now." All we kept asking was to talk to a manager and we were never transferred at all during this whole incident. With her calling back our room three times tauting us with her first phone call and then hanging up on me after she made that remark, just shows how much immaturity and unprofessional experience she has working in a business where hospitality is suppose to be the most important trait. At that point, I believe she was harassing us by calling by our room. Believe me after, all of that we were ready to leave and didn't need to be asked to leave. We're really disappointed that no manager even came out to speak with us about this and even during the check-out process, there was no manager present. Only after Jody made personal remarks to attack our character, that Frank gave her a piece of his mind and at this moment, the other male employee appeared. He didn't even bother to ask what our side was to find out that Jody over used her employee status to have us kicked out of a the hotel. Again, the whole time we just wanted to talk to a manager about the room rate and breakfast tickets. We didn't want to cause any problems, but if we're not getting transferred to a manager like we asked, then there must really be a problem with how we're being treated a hotel guests. I'm just shocked that Jody is part of the Ramada staff, knowing that she treated us in this manner. I really wish that your cameras and telephone lines were sound recorded, so that you can hear the whole conversation of Frank and I asking the front desk clerk to speak with a manager. Again, in no way did we say anything rude to her during this whole time, while she basically got away with making rude comments and absurd remarks to us and got us kicked out of the hotel for a reason unknown to us. We can't believe that this woman used her employee status to manipulate the whole situation into her favor.

We would like an investigation to why we were treated in this manner. Was it because she has a grudge against us, especially me for complaining about her in the past? Or does she treat all hotel guests like this when they ask to speak to a manager, especially when they are calling from the their hotel room? We want an apology from Jody for her inappropriate behavior of the whole situation.

Please email me or contact me at -------- regarding this whole incident. Your attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated by us.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
HotelierRSV, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, May 14, 2007
We were sorry to hear of this guests experience when they returned to stay at our hotel. We do not tolerate rudeness or insolence of any sort towards our valued customers no matter what the situation as we pride ourselves in providing the highest standards of customer service possible. This guest was contacted personally by telephone immediately after we received the emails and we reached the mutual conclusion that there was error on both parts. The guest was happy with the outcome of our discussion and emailed the General Manager to advise of this.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2003

Was very wary considering past reviews but gave it a shot and was pleasantly surprised. Room had good amenities and breakfast was excellent. Staff were friendly. Didn't experience any problems and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2003

Been to Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!