“Good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale

Save Saved
You added Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   504 Ross Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94089 (Formerly Sundowner Inn)   |
Ranked #25 of 34 hotels in Sunnyvale
Santa Rosa, California
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

Better all the way around than competitors in same price range. Large vanity area. Well-stocked free breakfast. Internet connection easy to log on -- no pasword. Good place to eat (Sunny Buffet) on premises.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
ckshah, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale, responded to this review, February 19, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We value your input. I like to add that the hotel also offers complimentary WIFI, fitness center, outdoor pool, sauna and business center. We also run scheduled shuttle for the guests with in five mile radius on week days. .Restaurant on the premise has a large lunch and dinner buffet items at a reasonable price. Please let me and our staff know what we can do to make your next stay more comfortable. .

iWe have complimentary fitness center as well as outdoor pool and sauna

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

I've stayed at the Sundowner dozens of times on business. It's very conveniently located for freeway access, has a decent restaurant on the property and with the new management the condition of the hotel is improving every day. It was very budget, and a bit rundown when I first began staying here over a year ago. The location and great attitude of the staff kept me coming back and it's great to see the improvement happening now. They've still got room for improvement and that's a little drawback but minor when compared to the advantages,imo. Incredibly easy to make reservations and so far not overcrowded, it's a private retreat hidden in plain sight. Definitely a good value for the price, if you are looking for a good night's sleep, a decent breakfast, and responsive staff.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest
We sincerely appreciate your comment and glad that you are enjoying the improvements we are making to the property. Your comments and feedback are very helpful in deciding the improvement projects. We welcome you to come to me and discuss in person your likes and needed improvement to the property. Thank you for taking time to write this review.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

the hotel is nice and quite, room was clean. got all the need from this hotel I will recoment this hotel to my family and frient.

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
ckshah, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Thank you for staying at Sundowner Inn. We have made several positive changes from the feedback we have gotten. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Next time you visit us please look me up so I can facilitate any special require that you might have.
manager
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

I was advised to stay in the Sheraton hotel nearby but it was sold out, so I picked the Sundowner Inn as it was located near to my business meeting and I would only be there for one night.

The person, I can't bring myself to call him a gentleman, at the desk when I checked in was on the rude side of brusque and has obviously never been made aware of concepts like customer service. He was also difficult to understand. The lady at the desk in the morning was much more friendly and offered me free coffee but I just wanted to get away.

The room itself was clean and the Internet access was stable, albeit slow but the nearby highway is noisy at night and motorbikes and trucks can be heard right at the back of the room.

This is definitely not the worst place I have stayed at in the USA but I would put it in the bottom third.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your criticism. I have personally looked in to your situation. I like to suggest if you ever believe in second chance please let me show you the best of best hospitality we like our guest to experience. For the guest comfort we offer several complimentary amenities such as full breakfast, WIFI, hard wire internet service in the room as well as business center in the lobby. We have reinforced our customer service personnel training identifying your comments as an example for them to learn from. I apologize that you were subjected to the experience that you were. I have taken your comments very seriously and have started monitoring employee behavior. We have multi cultural staff and some of them are foreign students.Please allow us to show you best part of our hotel
Sacramento, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

Okay, it truly doesn't even get one star, but I had to put something to write this review. This is the honest truth. My husband and I travel a lot for business and were both in the Bay at the same time. We try to never stay at anything less than a 4star (for the following reason), but this was all that was available because Oracle was holding their convention at the Moscone and everything was all booked.

Anyway, so one evening on the way back to this dump of a motel, I stopped to pick up dinner figuring that my husband and I would eat at the dump. I put our food out on the table and sat down with my husband to watch a football play on TV, we both heard somethng and looked towards the table to find a rat on top of the table nibbling on our meat. I was so totally grossed out.

To make matter worse, the darned rat wasn't scared of us and just stayed there eating away. I hurried and called the man at the front who told me that he didn't have anyone that could help me. I told him that he needed to do something immediately or I would go knock on each door and let the rest of his customer's know to watch for rats. He had the nerve to show up at my door yelling at me and accusing me of letting the rat in through the door! I coulnd't believe what I was experiencing. Needless to say, I left his hotel and went to stay in Newark - totally inconvenient but at a nice brand named hotel. This place is a total dump and I did report them to the board of health.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your input and I sincerely apologize for the mishap. We fumigate and carefully monitor the premises. Professional pest control company regularly treats the property. Your experience has made us double up our effort to avoid the mistake. Please give us a second chance to show you our hospitality.
Trivandrum, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

I found this hotel through a net search and booked for a week of stay as part of a business trip. Reached there at about 9.00 PM and have to wait for a while to see somebody at the reception ! The property is quiet large, but very deserted. Not many people were there when I stayed there.

Room was very large. But the carpet was very dusty and after a while I started sneezing beacuse of the dust problem. The entire property is unclean and the lack of proper maintenence is very obvious. Next day I found out another accomodation and checked out !

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — cleanliness, carpet, break fast, reception
  • Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SF bay area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

I enjoyed my stay. Rooms have a refrigerator and microwave. Staff was very helpful. Great rates. I will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale? Share your experiences!