“The stay was great. The only issue I had was the fact that...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale

You added Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   504 Ross Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94089 (Formerly Sundowner Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Sunnyvale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this hotel because the usual places I would stay were all full. Then I started reading reviews and I got worried.

However I had a great stay in a very nice and spacious room. This is a motel format but the rooms are arranged away from the main roads so I found it quiet, clean and comfortable. The only nose was from the nearby Moffett airfield but not too bad or late into the night.

It's obvious that the property has been through a lot of renovation and every staff member I meet was well-trained, friendly and helpful. The management provide plenty of opportunities to provide feedback and encourage you to do so. It seems to me everyone is working hard to make this hotel as good as any other in the Wyndham group.

I would certainly stay here again.

The main reason I went with four stars instead of five was an overpowering smell of whatever pinesol-type stuff they used to wash the floors.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
DaysInnSunnyvale, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for your kind words, we really appreciate it. We showed your comments to our entire staff which brought joy to them seeing their efforts to make guests stay awesome are being appreciated. We are not perfect so we utilize smart feedback tools for guests to share their feedback so we can listen to their feedback and make constant improvements. Thanks again, we look forward to having you again.
Oxnard, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The room was clean, the laminate floors made us feel like we were at home, almost the same as we just installed in our home. The bed was awesome, stocked with 5 wonderful pillows and lots of room. Nice size flat screen TV with ample access to channels. A small fridge into which we put our champagne, it was Valentine's after all. There was also ample parking so didn't feel crowded. But there was one down side for us, a very weak continental breakfast. Not many choices for me since I can't have sugar, lots of muffins and danish, waffles, and such, but limited fruits and only cold boiled eggs, no meat at all. So we went elsewhere for breakfast.

One anecdote. After checking in we went to pick up our son nearby, in a hurry I picked up the keys to our room but left behind my credit card and driver's license. Making dinner be on my wife and our son. When we returned to our room I stopped by to see if I had indeed left those there, the clerk had them taped together and wrapped in a note paper. They had not been used, these are people you can trust.

Room Tip: If you want downstairs, include that in your reservation.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Days Inn Sunnyvale. We are very happy that you loved our newly renovated rooms, and that you felt like home, that is the best compliment we can get. We listen to our guests and we are in constant improvement of our breakfast offerings. We hope that on your next visit to Sunnyvale you give us another opportunity to serve you. Thanks again.
Sunnyvale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this facilility due to it's proximity to my business meetings. This was an extremely disappointing experience. From the 4 foot wide mold/water-damage patch above the bathroom vanity to the bath room window that would not close to the woman at reception that seemed bothered to have to check us in.........I will NEVER stay at this Inn ever again.

I'm very surprised that you would put your Days Inn brand on this facility!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

We take all feedback seriously. We have recently gone through renovations and upgrade, so after this feedback, we have double checked all our rooms but can not find the room that meets your complaint at all. Thank you.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Location is great; Iiked the wood laminate floors very much; king size bed and multiple pillows great. The internet connection was horrible, however, despite talking with the server. He admitted he could see why I was having issues and tried to correct it but it did not last. Very frustrating. Other comments: sidewalks and stairways and waste receptacles are in bad need of power washing.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInnSunnyvale, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed our newly upgraded rooms and had a comfortable stay. To ensure our guests receive solid internet connection during their stay, we have four WIFI signals throughout the property, we are asking our internet provider's technical team to re-check all the signals and look into any issues we might have. We apologize for this. We also have business center which offers high speed internet access for our guests to use in the lobby area. We will be working closely with the staff to ensure stairs are thoroughly washed again. Thanks again for sharing your experience. We hope to see you soon again.

Been to Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale? Share your experiences!