“Very Good FAST FOOD Burgers” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #110 of 330 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: American
Los Gatos, California
“Very Good FAST FOOD Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The service is fast and friendly. Unlike most fast food places in the Bay Area, the staff does a good job of making you feel like they actually appreciate your business. The service counts for a lot, and I'll probably go back, just for that aspect of the experience.

The reason for the emphasis in my title is that you can't compare the food to that served at the new "gourmet" burger places. These are definitely fast food burgers. They're smaller, thinner and, perhaps, not as fully flavored as you'd find at a more high end place. On the other hand, the prices reflect what you're getting. Think In-N-Out rather than Umami Burger...

I had the "Santa Barbara Style." It wan't quite as wonderful as I'd imagined that it might be. The contrast between the cold avocados and the burger didn't quite work out for me. Also, the sourdough toast got soggy pretty quick. On my next trip, I'll just go for a Charburger w/ cheese.

The french fries were OK. I tried both sweet potato and the regular ones. My only issue is that they weren't as crispy as I'd normally prefer. I'll probably skip the fries for my next order.

Compared to other fast food burger places, Habit Burger Grill is very good. It's definitely the place that I'll go back to the next time I want this kind of food.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sunnyvale, CA
“Still in search of the perfect burger”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Overall a good, not great, burger. I got the mushroom burger and my BF got the bacon burger. We both thought it was ok. Fries were hot. It took a while to place the order even though there was no-one in line in front of us, but the person at the counter kept asking us to wait. The ambiance was welcoming. Looks like the patio area was comfy. We'll probably be back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sunnyvale, California
“Above Average burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great service, but this place is a bit more expensive than I'd like. Burgers are above average, and I like that they don't add fattening sauces, etc.

Visited March 2014
Cupertino, California
“Good burger!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Have been looking for a good burger joint... n this place by far has been the best.

The meat is well cooked and juicy.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Pretty Good !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

So, I am on a burger-joint-trying-out spree in the Bay area, Tried quite a few, but after Counters in Palo Alto couldn't find anything really good. Habit was something which was unplanned and it was a good surprise. They don't try to confuse you with lots options when you order your burger and come up with good recommendations as well. Good burgers which can be supplemented with pickles, sauces on the house. The patty was soft, well cooked and not chewy. I was offered a portion of bar-b-que sauce complimentary. The bun was fresh as well. Also, the other very good thing was fries. Hot and fresh and a good portion size. Although not the best burger, I will still like give a 4 rating because of lack of good options here. Will definitely come back.

• Visited March 2014