“A Nice and Quiet Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale

You added Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1255 Orleans Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94089 (Formerly Homestead Sunnyvale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Sunnyvale
“A Nice and Quiet Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel is located in an office park area, nice and quiet. There are no stores within walking distance. It would be convenient for people who go to work in the nearby office buildings, but not convenient for us. Not like other Extended Stay that I have used before, this hotel has several buildings. Because of this, the Wi-Fi signal was extremely poor, it would take a long time to access a web page. People at the front desk were very nice. I was warmly greeted by Mei Yi when I checked in; she was very efficient even though it was her first day there. Stephanie was also very nice and helpful, she gave me a lot of information about local dinning, shopping, etc. The housekeeping service was not good though. We were not given enough utensils, and there was no blanket for the sofa bed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff, especially Stephanie and Mei Yi. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s General Manager, I can assure you that we take each guest's requests and concerns very seriously and do what we can to make the changes necessary so that our guests do not have a negative experience at any of our locations. I am deeply sorry that we did not have the correct kitchen utensils provided or the extra blanket needed for the sofa sleeper. We will definitely be talking with our housekeeping staff to ensure this type of issue is not repeated in the future.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Booked this hotel through priceline. Surprisingly was very good. Re-modeled clean rooms.
kitchenette and fridge available.

Nearby metro access about half a mile. Lot of Indian Restaurants within 5 minutes driving distance.

Togo complimentary breakfast provided.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours. The staff and I are very proud of our recent renovated hotel and we are so glad that you were able to enjoy what we had to offer.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on us for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This place is a hidden gem perfect for the long-term visitor to San Jose or Silicon Valley. Less than half the price of the equivalent in San Francisco (Hotwire @ $50/night) it's worth stomaching the 40 mile (~70min) drive to SF if you need to. The rooms are newly renovated and include a kitchenette with a fridge, sink and stove-top. New LCD TVs and a laundryroom with vending machines. I hear there is grab-n-go breakfast but I skipped it each time. There's a grocery store nearby called "Fresh and Easy Neighbourhood Market" which I highly recommend. The location is safe, quiet, has ample parking and is right off the highway.

Room Tip: Looks like any room is good, place is in excellent condition!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

We are very proud of our newly renovated rooms at all our locations & we are so glad to hear you found a "gem" in Sunnyvale! As General Manager I assure you we take great pride in making sure all our guests have the same type of experience that you did.

Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

~ the management, office and service staff are customer oriented, pleasant and helpful
~ the property is clean and fresh and the rooms are updated and well maintained
~ the location is very conveniently located
~ this property is such an excellent value that I chose to stay here long term
KAB

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this review, July 17, 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Excellent location--easy to get to major hwys and restaurants nearby, staff was very friendly, great value for money will stay here again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America San Jose - Sunnyvale . It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My stay here at hotel was very good, staff at hotel was coordial Corally Sandeep, CJ, Jessica and Amber. Housekeeping has been good,Hotel newly introduced grab and go breakfast counter with banana, apple, oat meal, cereal bars and muffins, Free Wifi is good i never faced issues, however if you are trying to stream Video or performing Video Chat it may be slow but for additional fee you can get better wifi package. commute to work was very easy for me there is VTA light rail station at crossman at walakble distance and also 26 bus line, there is grocery store fresh and easy at Fair oaks. kitchen has stove top, microwave,fridge and toaster. except for one incident where I heard loud noises, I found this place to be very safe, in nut shell my stay here was pleasant.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so very much for recognizing the staff, Coraly, Sandeep, CJ, Jessica and Amber. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I really enjoyed staying in this hotel. It was clean, quiet, and the staff were very friendly. The wifi was excellent, as it was fast enough to stream Netflix, and the TV provided many channels. The only small problem was that my kitchen sink didn't have a plug, and the staff couldn't find one for me. If you don't plan on cleaning, then it may not be a problem.

Room Tip: Any room is fine
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words!

I did see your note in regards to the sink plug and made a mention to the staff to have them handy.

Been to Extended Stay America - San Jose - Sunnyvale? Share your experiences!