“Wild palms - good with some quirks” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Year End Special - 25%OFF
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Sunnyvale
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wild palms - good with some quirks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2006

Old hotel which has had a huge remodel. Beds and rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast is very good.

In room wireless access is only in the luxury rooms around the pool and then you might have to stand near your window! There is wireless access around the pool and in the breakfast/bar.

Bar shut at 9:30 when i stayed there. Obviously did not want to make money.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2006

We stayed at the Wild Palms while our house was renovated. We reserved a suite well in advance and confirmed the suite a day before arrival. Upon arrival, we were told, that the suite was not available and we would be staying in a room with two queen sized beds for one night. The next day, we moved to the suite. No help by the hotel to move my families suitcases to the suite. Since my husband was at work and the kids at school, I was left to move everything by myself. The suite had no bedding for the pull-out couch. I asked at the reception desk for bedding and was handed two pillows and two blankets across the desk and sent on my way! A little like at a hostel! The suite was fine, the bedding nice and altogether it was very clean. The last day of our stay, we were told, that we had not reserved the suite. Even though I had a print-out of the reservation, the hotel moved us again, this time into two adjacent rooms at a higher price! We asked instead for a double. After some complaining, we were given some help this time with the move. Breakfast was good, the pool area was nice but the hot tub was broken the entire week we stayed. The musty smell that permeates the hotel, is somewhat worrying. One staircase was marked as out of order. No one was working to fix whatever needed to be fixed on the staircase. The personnel was friendly but a little cold. We will not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed September 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2006

Our MN office always stays here when we visit our CA office (which is OFTEN, and usually a week at a time). A great rate, always clean and organized, top notch staff in the office, consistently good continental breakfast, AND close to many restaurant choices.
One trip, I personally looked around a LONG time on the net for close by, similarly priced alternatives, then tried another "unnamed" spot (rhymes with "Ramada"). It was a horrible stay. I just kept thinking that I should have continued with something that I knew was good.
I have always had a good visit while staying at the Wild Palms. Planning my trips out are pretty automatic now ... just pop into their web site and I'm done in moments. It's the only place for me.

Concord, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2005

I made a last minute reservation online, and was totally impressed with this hotel. The decor was very tropical, and I loved all the tile work. The person who checked us in was more than professional. I asked how late the bar was open, she said because they had low occupancy that night, there was no one in there. She immediately offered to get us a couple drinks, and told us that since it was "Wild Hour", they were complimentary! Our king bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The updated bathroom was a very nice treat. I am looking forward to returning, and I'm recommending this place to everyone I know.

• Stayed December 2005
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2005

We booked our room through the hotel for 59 bucks on Christmas night. The hotel was decorated in a very cute style and was also very clean and neat. This hotel is a great bargain. If you are willing to stay somewhere without room service, you found it! The pool area and landscaping were also creative and fun. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. Just don't expect the Ritz from a three star hotel and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2005

The Wild Palms is an amazing motel. You walk in the open air lobby and immediately forget the stresses of the day. From the lighted votive candles on the wall to the cheerful smiles of the folks behind the desk, everything says "relax". The rooms are quiet with incredibly comfortable beds and little features like raised basins and magnified mirrors to remind you that somebody knows what it's like to do a business trip and how to do it right. The Wild Palms reminds me of a tropic inn in the Caribbean or South China Sea. To find it one short block from the traffic of El Camino Real is incredible.

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2005

If you're looking to get away from the generic, chain hotels, this is a great option. Wonderful tropical feel. Loved the heated pool and jacuzzi. The deluxe king was huge. Very comfortable bed and nice bathroom. Great price too. Very friendly staff and free computer/internet in lobby.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business

Been to Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!