“Great stay; great breakfast, lovely hotel, staff , and room” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Sunnyvale
california
“Great stay; great breakfast, lovely hotel, staff , and room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Enjoyed an overnight in this charming hotel, which is well located for Silicon Valley, and also worked well for my non-business related stay. Staff greeted me by name throughout the stay and accommodated my needs as they arose. Room was quiet, bed comfortable and generally clean.
This was a pet friendly accommodation with a nice lawn, bags and trash can conveniently located. Breakfast was excellent -- eggs, bacon, hot oatmeal, fresh fruit, bagels, cereal and coffees and teas. Although the area was rather crowded, and the food eaten up quickly, there were several servers who were attending the area, frequently clearing tables and resupplying food bins.

This is not an upscale hotel; but serves my needs in a warm and friendly way. I am looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
It looks like you really enjoyed yourself and thank you so much for the amazing comments! I love that I can share these great comments with the staff, especially the part about using your name. We hope to treat everyone like family when they are here and it looks like the team did a great job.

Come again and thank you!

Robin Donovan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was bothered by a bit of street noise, but the room was clean and the property lived up to the Joi de Vivre funky --- nicer than the sibling "Avatar" hotel. Paid over $130/night, and I may return on another trip --- if other regular hotels are full-up.

Room Tip: Recommending not on the busy street side.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I'm sorry, El Camino Real is a really busy street and that can be annoying. I'm pleased to see the hotel, JDV vibe and room lived up to our reputation! We hope to see you soon and maybe we can move you away from the busy street.

Best,

Pacifica, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I love the style of this hotel, it reminds me of the motels I stayed in with my family when I was a kid and on a road trip. It has a couple of floors with rooms that all overlook a central pool. The good news is that it has been redone with Mediterranean-inspired decor. The colors make you think summer and sun, and that's when I usually go there. It's the perfect break for a night or two. My boys love to swim and the pool is seasonally heated. They have huge cabanas around the pool so it's nice that Mom and Dad can laze around, read a book, and still be able to keep an eye on the swimming kids.
The rooms are a great size. I recommend a one bedroom suite if you have little ones who need to go to bed early. Everything is very clean, and comfortable, as you'd expect.
Breakfast is included, which makes this place one of the best deals around! The prices are great. The hotel is only 40 minutes from my house, but it feels a world away and it's just right for a quick getaway any time of year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I am happy to see that you enjoyed your staycation with us! You enjoyed the hotel just as we intended for our weekend travelers. Thank you for the great comments and we hope to see you again.

Chester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My standard for an outstanding value is a hotel that is clean and comfortable, with a pool, hot tub, and complimentary breakfast, for about $100/night. If you can do that in Silicon Valley, you've really got something, and that's what he had at Wild Palms. Actually, we paid $87.20 per night (before taxes) over Memorial Day weekend.

The hotel was clean and comfortable and in a convenient location. The hot breakfast buffet was fairly standard and good and included nice fresh fruit. However, the number of seats and tables was a little inadequate, and the breakfast hostess had some trouble keeping the food stocked.

A great value, we will definitely return next time we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the outstanding comments! You are correct that you get a great value on the weekends. As you know the weekdays are full with our corporate travelers so the weekends you can find great deals by calling the hotel directly. I hope we see you again and thank you for again for the wonderful comments.

Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went to Santa Clara for my daughters college graduation. Normally I would have stayed at a five star hotel in San Jose but I booked too late and ended up at the Wild Palms. My wife and I loved the tropical atmosphere, the extremely friendly and helpful staff, the cleanliness of the entire facility especially the pool area. Our Executive King room was just the right size for sleeping, quick cat naps and getting ready to go out. The breakfast was another highlight as it was way more than continental. Easy to get around whether to the coast, Santa Clara, San Jose or to San Francisco. I would return to the Wild Palms in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Rooms that look out to the pool on the inside are VERY quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
We are the lucky one to have such a guest take the time to tell us and everyone how much you enjoyed your stay!. Thank you for the amazing feedback and we can't wait for you to return.

Best,

Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My company books the Wild Palms for me and all of my peers for every visit we make to our corporate office. The staff is their greatest asset they are very responsive, courteous and take really good care of you; also the room are clean and everything worked.

I look forward to my next stay here in a few weeks.

Cheers!

Room Tip: Higher floor is more private, the rooms in the lower floor are next to the parking lot so if you wan...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Excellent, so happy we provided great service and you enjoyed your business trip. We love having you and your peers come back again and again. See you next time!

Cumming, G
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place has personality and comfort... quiet and a great value... I plan to return to the area in September and plan to book a room here... I travel on business mostly and am so tired of staying in the same room trip after trip after trip... I can't remember what any other hotel experience was like except that they were all beige and boring, same old, same old... corporate personality stuffy feeling, impersonal and not very inviting... By contrast, I found everything about this place to be memorable.. from check in to check out I thought this was perfect for me. The room was quiet and comfortable, the staff was friendly... I don't care for valet parking or having to park 3 blocks from the hotel entrance, Here I parked next to the entryway and walked 30 feet to my room.. The were personable.. I like the idea of a hotel where at the end of the day you don't still feel like you're in the office... can't wait to return...

Room Tip: no real opinion here, I think all the rooms face in to the gardens and pool...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
rld9, General Manager at Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We look forward to your return visit in September. Thank you so much for the great comments that I will share with my team. The weather in the fall is the best!

Robin Donovan

Been to Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!