“Best vegetarian restaurant in Silicon Valley” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 330 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Sunnyvale, California
“Best vegetarian restaurant in Silicon Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here many times. We have tried most of the things on their extensive menu and have liked most of them. My wife can't eat hot, spicy food but I love it. However, we can order any dish without the hot pepper spice and I can add it on the side. One of our favorites is the vegetable soup which comes to the table still cooking. Let it cook for a bit to let the flavors improve and it will be a great companion to the other dishes. Another favorite is the vegetarian crepe using lettuce leaves to wrap the filling. Creative and delicious. The wait staff is friendly and helpful and the owner often comes out to see if you are enjoying your meal. They don't close in the afternoons so you an eat anytime from 11 till closing. My favorite drink is the coconut water with bits of fresh coconut in it and my wife loves their Thai tea. They are tucked away just off Lawrence Expressway.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Suffolk
“The best restaurant in California!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Merit is by far, our favourite restaurant. Their food is delicious, and their staff are fantastic and friendly! Their curry noodle soup is amazing, also their steamed buns! We could seriously live off their food. Not a single bad thing to say about them! They're very clean, hygenic, super fast service, even when very busy. Love them! If you are considering eating there, I highly recommend it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The Claypot rice and sweet and sour soup are good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

The Claypot rice and sweet and sour soup are good.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Went there for the first...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

Went there for the first time over lunch today. We had caramelized chicken, ginger fish, and eggplant and tofu claypot. The fish was our favorite. It's amazing how it looks and tastes so much like fish, even down to the texture. The chicken was good but needed something extra like more spices or something. Otherwise it would be perfect. Overall, I enjoyed the whole meal. I'll definitely go back to try other items since the menu is quite extensive. I'll bring more friends next time so we can order more variety. :o)

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The sweat and sour soup...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

The sweat and sour soup is to die for. This is one of my favorite vegetarian restaurant. Absolute must go to restaurant.