“They do leave the light on for you” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 - Menifee to your Saves list
Motel 6 - Menifee
Motel 6 - Menifee
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   27955 Encanto Dr, Sun City, CA 92586 (Formerly Super 8 Motel Sun City)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Sun City
Calif
“They do leave the light on for you”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at this motel a couple of times and always ask for the non-smoking room which is located on the second story above the office. There are no elevators or handicap access to reach the second floor. Although it is non-smoking I have observed next door neighbors smoking outside their room on the balcony. The room we stayed in is clean and pleasant. On one of our stay, the remote for the TV doesn't work. Staff gave me another remote and it still didn't work. Since germs is one of my pet peeve, I'm not so sure if the remote is ever wiped off or cleaned with disinfectant when the rooms are cleaned. My non smoking room does face Wendy's restaurant and it can get noisy at times. The mattress is firm and comfortable. I like that because you cannot feel the mattress move around when your partner moves around. The king size bed in the room does take up a lot of space. The room is brightly lit and it was on upon our arrival. They do leave the light on for you. Our room came with a microwave and an apartment size refrigerator which we appreciate it very much since our stay was for 2 days. There is no closet but it does have a clothes rack to hang a few clothing. It does have a dresser upon where the TV sits on. The sink is a double sink with good lighting and a large mirror. The toilet bowl sits low to the ground and the toilet paper is very thin, only 1 ply thin. Disappointed in the small round toilet bowl. TV has very limited channels no Fox news or HBO, no weather channel, no CNN news. It could be due to having no remote and must change channel manually. The motel does not accept any discounts because I was told they are already the lowest cost around. But when i asked for my senior, military, AARP, AAA discount, I did get a discount. I was told the cost for the rooms are $66 for one person on a Friday, $69.00 for 2 people on a Saturday, and from Sunday - Thursday $58-85.00. Not bad prices. I can understand why no discount is given. Overall, it's not a bad place to stay for a day or two.

Room Tip: Always ask for the non-smoking room because it smells better than a smoking room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Roaches need I say more! Bathroom walls were filthy the tub and shower were dirty. Spend a few more dollars and stay at the Holiday Inn in Perris.

• Stayed June 2012
Newport Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I used to stay here when it was Super 8 and always thought it was a decent place for the price given the options in the area. However I will never stay here again after staying one night and waking up with bed bug bites all over the back of my neck and down my back. Its a shame, but this is too disgusting to make any allowance for it. I'm now worried about having brought back the bugs in my clothes and suitcase and have left all my stuff outside on my patio.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We have a pet and so Motel 6 works for us. This is the creme de la creme of Motel 6's with such an accommodating staff, clean rooms that are above average in terms of sheets that are similar to our Egyptian 800 count at home but commercial , very comfortable higher than normal king bed with their own spread vs the logo highway M6 usual one, microwave and fridge with a 30 inch tv (not flat panel, but a Philips) hair dryer and everything worked and quietist heating cooling system going. Next week we will be staying at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas without our puppy and will give a review if there is anything to report.

Room Tip: Hot tub as well as a pool. Room 102
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Barnesville, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

pros:
very friendly staff
room was pleasant and comfortable
poopie bags provided when you take dog out
they have a hot tub (you better believe I took advantage and used it and it was niiiiiice)
quiet and no highway noise
Wendy's right next door if you get the munchies and a gas station/convenience store
free WI FI

cons:
the pillows were too soft for my taste and were kind of uncomfortable.
guest laundry only has one washer and one dryer.

I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010 via mobile

Every now and again I just need to get away....this is the place I like to stay its fast easy and always has rooms for a good price!

• Stayed November 2010
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010 via mobile

Would certainly stay again should I be there. Helpful nice people own/run the place.

• Stayed November 2010

Been to Motel 6 - Menifee? Share your experiences!