“Girls night out” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sun City
Whittier, California
“Girls night out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This place was a lil over priced for the quality of hotel. I asked the lady for a AAA disc. she said I already had the best rate so when she charged me $79.00 I was shocked. They had continental breakfast which I wasn't told about, but I did notice it on the website. This place needs TLC old curtains the sliding door was broken and off it's hinges and bathroom light fixture was dirty, the towels were a lil old. So the value was disappointing. The beds were a lil hard not to bad, what I found surprising was the pillows 1 was hard, 1 was soft I did like that. The only plus of this place was the fact that the sliding door leads to the pool and they do have a section of grass and the rooms are divided with a wooden fence for privacy and the top rooms have balconies. You can easily have a small bbq at there and feel like you are in your own backyard.

Room Tip: This one is a difficult it's a lil old and needs TLC. Definetly over priced. But the fact that...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chula Vista, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Who gives the star ratings? The owner was very polite, helpful & nice but it didn't make up for he patched holes in the wall or the older moldy bathtub drain. An older motel but doesn't mean the rooms have to look run down as well. Torn material on the chair in the first room. Cracks in the cabinet that held the microwave. We looked at 2 other rooms & decided it was better to cancel our trip returning home 2 hours away.

• Stayed June 2012

Travelers are raving about these Sun City hotels

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

This hotel is such a mixed bag. I expected an older motel with the pool in the middle of the parking lot. What we got was something entirely different.

Enter the hotel lobby and check in with the woman "behind the counter" - through bullet proof glass. Walk across the dilapidated parking lot, past what looks like a bombed out building, up what are clearly crumbling stairs, to a hotel room which is ... well ... clean.

Once inside the room, the beds are clean, as are the floors and bathrooms, and it's generally okay.

All that said, I found the hotel grounds so scary that I would neither stay again nor recommend to anyone. I didn't stick around long enough to figure out what "continental breakfast" meant.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Menifee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

My room was clean and came with a microwave and refrigerator, and the motel grounds were very peaceful and quiet. They had a nice clean pool with jasmine bushes nearby that smelled wonderful!(Jasmine is my favorite:-) The staff at the front desk were very friendly, and they had fresh coffee in the morning with the continental breakfast! I would recommend this motel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011 via mobile

I was traveling for business and this hotel was convienently located and had positive reviews. It was clean. Now, for what I didn't like:
- no coffee maker
- no ironing board

This is a very basic, clean, no frills lodging.

• Stayed May 2011
Tenerife, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn for 9 nights in September 2010. We had a large, clean room (with a comfortable bed and good-sized table), and found the complex to be situated in a quiet location but within close proximity of some shops, restaurants, a postoffice and library. Our room had a fridge and microwave but no in-room coffee-making facilities. The bathroom was a good size and though the bath itself was rather tired-looking, the shower was good. Towels were changed daily and bath sundries (shampoo, body lotion + soap) were replenished when used). The hairdryer was good. A limited breakfast of prepackaged cellophane-wrapped similar-looking pastries, weak coffee but good apple or orange juice was avalable from 5am – 10am in the lobby. The complex had a small outdoor pool and terrace (untried) and guest laundry facilities (reasonably priced and worked fine). Our only negative observation was that on windy days the do not disturb/make up the room sign fell off the door and the room did not get cleaned so we had to get clean towels from reception. Overall we thought this hotel was good value budget accommodation and we would stay here again if we were in the area. There is not a lot to do in Sun City itself, but do try Temecula about 15 miles away which has a nineteenth century western feel to it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Escondido, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

My husband and I stayed here, we were in town for an uncle's funeral and we were told that this was the best, safest and moderately priced place to stay at. We were surprised at the size of the room to begin with, it was huge, with a fridge and a microwave which are hard to come by these days! We had a room with a patio which was looking out to a clean pool and well kept grassy area. It was very quite and ideal for anyone who just like to be left alone and not bothered. The t.v channels were limited but they had 2 channels of HBO, so all was good. The linens were clean and crisp, the bed was a little too firm for my liking but comfortable enough. We had the front office set a wake up call for us and the lady at the front desk kindly informed us that we would be able to have their continental breakfast in the morning that is served in the lobby, so we did!
The check out process was a breeze, so overall a very satisfying and relaxing stay at this motel. Would totally recommend it to all my friends and family :)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Sun City? Share your experiences!