“Staff are Brilliant” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Ballindinas
Ireland
“Staff are Brilliant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I can understand the mixed reviews for this hotel. We stayed here with our 3 children, 9, 7, and 4. We stayed 2 nights and both nights were completely different the Friday night would never return to this hotel and the Saturday night I've recommended this hotel to my friends. Friday night - Refering to the previous trip advisor tips I had asked to be in a room where I would not hear music from the bar, unfortunately the room was really a double room a triple at a push, but 5 of us were squashed into this room, is was too hot, beds uncomfortable, opened window when at 11pm the music started it was a nightmare kids couldnt get to sleep. I rang reception they got the music turned down apologised for mix up regarding room and said the would move us the next morning. The next morning we were in a huge room, 2 double beds and a single with room for another campbed or/and travel cot it was fantasic, it's hard to get decent hotel rooms when you have more than 2 children, so much more comfortable. Dinner and breakfast were lovely, Kids enjoyed the pool, we had a great time. I put average rating because of the Friday night, it would have been alot worse only every staff member we came across were helpful, friendly and made our weekend. Thank you

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

468 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

i was catching the ferrie to england at am the following morning, so i decided to stay at this hotel as it was near to the ferrie port instead of havng to drive at stupid o clock in the early am. checked in about 8pm and was happy with the room, warm and everything that one needed for a good nights sleep, went to the bar and ordered some dinner of which was very tasty and generous. bar staff were helpful and professional. all in all , the price was right and the hotel did the job, only thing was that there was live music advertised in the bar and when i left it at 10pm , there was still no sign of them, but hey, just as well as i needed to go to bed anyway. checkout was quick and hassle free.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed for a weekend in November 2012.

An updated TomTom satnav couldn't find Ballindinas or Barntown but luckily we'd printed out directions.

We had booked and paid in advance for a large family room. This is supposed to include a double bed and two proper single beds - we got a double, a single and a converted couch-bed. TV wasn't working (loose connection) and later we found one of the bedside lamps also not working. It was late enough when we'd checked in so we wanted to head out straight away rather than have the hassle of changing rooms.

Staff were friendly and helpful recommending restaurants and booking a taxi for us.

Went into the small bar when we arrived back. Beers: generic Diageo stuff, plus Hoegaarden. No actual Irish craft beer (though that seems a problem in Wexford in general). Reasonable selection of Irish whiskeys but nothing unusual.

Adequate breakfast, though it's completely self-service, meaning your tea and coffee come from a machine. Checking out, we mentioned the couch-bed instead of a single bed and were told we should have mentioned it straight away and they would have moved us, so there was nothing they could do now. Really, I'd prefer to just get what we'd paid for? Said to leave it, we'd just put it into a TripAdvisor review, which got a shrug.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel last weekend-our first ever visit to Wexford. From check-in to check-out the service was impeccable, staff were super friendly, food delicious, accommodation was spacious, modern and comfortable with lovely bedroom views. Parking was plentiful and the location excellent. Although we left our toddler at home this time the activities advertised for the Kids Club seemed second to none. I’m sure we’ll avail of these in the near future! The hotel was a great base from which to explore the many attractions of both Wexford town and surrounding locations. I’d highly recommend a stroll on Curracloe beach and Johnstown house and gardens(both 10 mins from hotel) and a visit to Wexford Opera house in town. An excellent weekend and great value…we’ll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the courtyard
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is an excellent hotel with great facilities for a family with young kids. The staff are very friendly and helpful but best of all is the food served in either the restuarant or the bar. We ate there on both nights of our stay (which we rarely do when staying in a hotel) and I have have to say that the quality and value of the food provided far exceeded my expectations. Well done and it's easy to see why the restaurant is busy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Hi, having stayed here before it was great to go somewhere where I knew the run of the place, it was a good job as you really have to be reading the signs at the lifts or at reception in order for you to take advantage of all thats going on in the hotel. I feel no enough information was given to me at check in - I just seen at the desk (not very visible) about a kids entertainer that was in the hotel that night but it was not highlighted to me on check in and it should have been as it was obvious I was just checking in with myself and my children who are the perfect age for a kids entertainer - I feel that they have gone to the trouble and expense of hiring somebody so highlight it to families when they arrive aswell as the kids dvd I knew nothing of that only that I seen it on a notice board at the lifts - the same with the kids club had not got a clue where to even start looking at that only seen it again at the door of the kids club but it was too late, but where did I need to register and where did I need to go to ask I did not know but either way it was after 12.30 again I seen that there was a kids camp so it was too late, Breakfast was gorgeous , sausages the best I have ever had - WONDERFUL! But no crossaints or scones or danish I would always expect that - dont get me wrong I could do without them but I taught that they were there on my last stay, breakfast v limited I felt but again beautiful. Tables in the breakfast room could do with a re-varnish very scratched and gruby. Breakfast waitress on friday v friendly - a special mention to her! The pool was great but needs to be heated up a degree or two I feel and the changing rooms were FREEZING the coldest I have even been to so please heat up as I would love to go back for christmas but not if it wont be heated up more - showers lovely and hot - some stones at the bottom of the pool on the steam room side just down the at the edge they would need to be moved as I stepped on them twice - pool staff v nice and friendly to the kids esp that child liason officer special mention to her! The food in the bar is gorgeous but come on the service at the bar is dreadful - special mention to the waiter who was working on the balcony on friday night he was sooooooooooooo friendly and could not do enough for us. On firiday twice I found it hard to get served at the bar counter, three girls behind it and not one of them acknowleged me and I was there for about 2 mins before I was seen to - just acknowlege that I am there and say that you will be with me soon but no!! And they were not busy and i just wanted a coffee and a mineral....same friday night we just wanted a drink and there was three male staff on and again it took ages....but nothing major I suppose but when they wont even acknowlege you its annoying and the longest wait ever!! Rooms lovely, clean, warm, does the job. Golf and playground great for kids - a great facility....I wanted to stay another night but the rate I was quoted on check out was nearly the same as what I paid for 2 nights on a booking engine, silly really as we would have eaten in the bar and drank there etc - no need to to be greedy as in fairness the rooms are not worth a high rate like that was dissapointed as I know how much rooms cost to turn over and it would not have cost a fraction of what I was getting it for so I declined but there was no flyer under my door to get me to stay on I had to call reception to enquire. all in all a good stay for a family - will be back again - really like this hotel...

Room Tip: roslare road side noisy so maybe a room facing the courtyard.....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Very poor hotel and extremely disappointed as I have stayed in many Maldron hotels across Ireland.
Room was shocking. Very dated smelt of smoke asked to change room was told only room available.
35 mins for someone to take my food order and then over 50 mins awaiting my food. Simply not good enough.
The bed was so horrid uncomfortable. Very hot and no windows in room just a balcony door to which I'm on the bottom level so unsafe.
Awful experience.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Maldron Hotel Wexford? Share your experiences!