“Excellent service and good overall amenities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Stockton

Save Saved
You added Hilton Stockton to your Saves list
Hilton Stockton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2323 Grand Canal Blvd, Stockton, CA 95207 (Formerly Stockton Grand)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 27 hotels in Stockton
Mountain View, United States
“Excellent service and good overall amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had a very late check in arrival time and the staff was very accommodating in being able to provide me with a late checkout the next day. This was the best case scenario and the helpfulness from the staff both during check-in and the next day made my stay!! I was very pleased with the value received with the triple AAA rate relative to the amenities. I was not sure of the area of the city and I can say I felt very safe and comfortable within the property. After a long drive, I was hoping for a beverage from the bar and though the bar was essentially closed/closing, the bartender was nice enough to accommodate though I clearly arrived just past closing time. This started me off with a smile. To backtrack a bit... i started off with a smile upon check-in as I was impressed with the speed and ease at the front desk. Very competent staff. Thanks

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Gregory D
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate your selection of the Hilton Stockton. We are very proud of our hotel and friendly staff and look forward to seeing you again!

256 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Thousand oaks, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Comfortable, accessible, good location, safe. I have stayed at several hotels in Stockton over the last few years, this one is the best. Make sure you sign up for Hilton Honors to have access to the lounge, for free coffee, snacks, and breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your recent review of the best hotel in Stockton! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at the Stockton Hilton this past weekend, and it was great. The amenities were 4-star. The location is perfect - away from the ghetto. We all had restful sleep. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and we are very pleased you had a great stay. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Bloomington, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel was clean, comfortable and I really enjoyed the breakfast. I found several good restaurants near by and it was close to where I would be working. The only issued I had was with the pool as the water temperature was very cold. The heater was either not on or malfunctioning. The hot tub was perfect. I will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms along Canal Street have nice balcony's and opposite side face the courtyard and pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Palmyra, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel. We were in town from New York for a family wedding. The property is immaculate, the rooms are modern and very clean, the entire staff is friendly, courteous and knowledgeable. Our stay was 100% positive. We had a balcony and thoroughly enjoyed sitting outside overlooking the "canal." I especially loved the pillows. I would be very interested to know where I can purchase these. Thanks, Hilton, for a very enjoyable experience. Hilton Hotels will be our first choice for all future vacations.

Room Tip: I would recommend asking for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Alex M, Director of Sales at Hilton Stockton, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel.
We are very pleased you had an enjoyable experiance and thank you for recommending us!
Salem, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have relatives in Stockton and always stay here. It is very nice and secure. The lobby is beautifully decorated. The restaurant in the lobby and the bar are good and the pool is nice. The rooms are very comfy. It is walking distance to the Stocton Civic Theater and a coffee shop. The only thing we missed was having a refridgerator in the room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for staying with us when visiting relatives in Stockton. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next stay with us!
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

If you are a business traveler DO NOT GO HERE. They will not give you any points if you stay here and do not pay your own bill. I stayed three weeks and was told "you only get credit for incidentals here, because your company paid your bill you do not receive any other credit". I had them print out a bill which showed my expensive nightly stays. I picked this hotel over others. Their manager said "Wah wah wah your bill shows up on a master bill and it is just too hard for us to give you individual credit (as every other hotel routinely does)." I had to literally beg just to have a few room service and bar charges credited to my account which I paid for with my own credit card. The front desk people are very hateful to you if you are a hilton club member. (I am Gold). "oh you probably expect me to treat you special but there are several platinum members here so you are just very ordinary here, no special treatment".

The front desk people are kind of grouchy if you ask for any help. The room was nice. The business center was unusable because there was someone always using the computers so in two weeks I could only get on once. The one treasure was a female bartender. The restaurant food is way way overpriced and takes a month to be served but tastes good once you get it. The interior of the hotel is very pretty when you consider you are in crime ridden and b-ugly Stockton. Do not go out at night in Stockton or you will surely be robbed or beaten up. (see national crime statistics). Stay inside the hotel to be safe. Very dangerous community, I was constantly in fear when outdoors.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
allison m, Front Office Manager at Hilton Stockton, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello Sir,

I wanted to follow up regarding your stay with us back in December. We pride ourselves on providing great service and a quality product we truly apologize you did not experience such. I would like to speak to you more about the issues so as a hotel we can ensure we have made the necessary corrections. At a hotel level we do not award the Hilton Honors Points that would be done by Hilton HHonors directly. There are a couple of instances in which points are not awarded however I would be happy to look at your reservation and ensure your account was processed correctly. I am not sure which manager you spoke to regarding this while you were here but I would be the best one to speak to about that. It is inexcusable the service that you had so I do look forward to hearing from you so we can ensure the issues have been addressed since then. We are in the process of adding an additional business center with 4 more computers so that should solve any wait times for computer usage. Also feel free to come to the front desk we can help with printing or faxing if needed. Thank you again for bring these things to our attention as it is the only way we can ensure we are constantly improving for our guest. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Been to Hilton Stockton? Share your experiences!