“Traffic Noise All Night” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Stockton North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6717 Plymouth Road, Stockton, CA 95207   |
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Stockton
Los Angeles
“Traffic Noise All Night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

I have stayed at many different Motel 6's over the years. When it comes to traffic noise the rooms on the freeway side of the motel are the worst I have experienced. It was constant throughout the night (VERY close to the I-5). If you are a light sleeper, if possible get a room on the other side or wear ear plugs as I did. I wouldn't have been able to sleep without them. As for the rest everything else about the motel, it was the status quo for a Motel 6.

Room Tip: Avoid staying in a room on the freeway side.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Whitianga, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

The Manager was more than helpful and the bed was comfortable and clean and the staff went out of their way to meet our needs.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

If you want live cop action this is the place you can find it.
This Hotel has everything around Hookers, drugs and gangs.
If it's a night sleep you want this is not the place!
24 hr security guard didn't stop anything from happening!
Worse place I've ever been to! Think before you choose cost over a good nights sleep!!!
If there was a rating of Zero. It would be to high of a rating!!!!!!!1

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2008

If you want to super-economize and don't mind being around some non-classy guests, housekeeping that leaves a little to be desired, and can sleep through freeway noise, then stay here. It is a bed, with clean sheets, clean towels, clean sink and clean tub. Carpets have not been thoroughly cleaned. Other guests routinely smoke in non-smoking rooms with impunity. (A different motel chain I had stayed in stated they would charge $100 to the credit card of anyone who smoked in a non-smoking room).

I would say 30% of the customers are fairly rough trade, and the staff are a little weary of those types of people.

I have a tiny dog, and they allow pets, and there is enough ground and bushes around so that I could walk my dog on a leash.

Great freeway access, and one exit from many amentities at March Lane. It's on a side street with lower income apartments and duplexes. Close, Adjacent neighborhoods are very good with nice homes.

The TV volume was broken. Within 15 minutes, the maintenance man had replaced the old TV with a functioning TV.

You can buy 24 hours worth of wi-fi for $3.00 extra. Two convenience stores right next door.

• Liked — Price and Location
  • Disliked — Rough customers staying there
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Salem, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2007

I COULDN'T stay awake another second, on the long drive from northern Oregon to Southern CA so we stopped at the first hotel I spotted. I actually didn't realize I was in Stockton until I woke up enough while booking the room at 3 AM and realized that there was a large party and several strange things (men with a few women and cars pulling up on the street) going on at the back of the hotel. I had already paid when I got a little frightened. Then the nice security guard approached me and watched while we got our things to our room... and said that he would watch our car. Our room was on the opposite end of the problem guests and right next to the office. The room was clean and fine for the 6 hours we needed it.

• Liked — Staff and Security
  • Disliked — The people running around outside the hotel at 3 AM.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2007

It was 5 in the morning and it was really cold and raining when me and my friends car broke down, so we pushed it to the nearby motel 6 parking lot and decided to stay for the day untill we get the mechanics to fix the car. During our stay here, we had pretty good sleep, and the towels and room was clean. The only thing that we didnt like was that the TV did'nt have a remote control, but all in all its a pretty decent place.

• Liked — Clean Room
  • Disliked — TV Remote Didn't Work
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Roseburg, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2006

My cute "20 something" daughter and I were on a long road trip from San Diego to Oregon and arrived late in the evening at the motel so we were only looking for a place to sleep as we were leaving early the following morning. There were several restaurants in the area so we had a good selection of places to eat dinner at. When we were checking into the motel we noticed a man standing outside the motel away from the office but we assumed he was a guest and waiting for someone. As we were unlocking our door to go into our room he ran up from behind us, stopped and ran his hand UP my daughters leg under her dress. When we yelled at him he ran down the breezeway and disappeared around the corner. Because he did not enter a room, we assumed he was not a guest of the motel. When I spoke with the manager he looked perplexed this had happened. I asked him directly if this had happened before and he said "No, it had not." I find it hard to believe anyone could be as bold/brazen as this man was if this was the first time he had done this. I believe the motel needs to be more proactive in requiring stronger security measures taken for their guests and prohibit loiterers from being on the property. The room appeared clean (other than the single cockroach which was crawling across one of the pillows). We were not expecting luxury, only an affordable room for the night but we did NOT expect to have to deal with a creepy man outside of our motel room. A word of advice is to be aware of your surroundings when you are checking into motel rooms that are in the back of the building.

• Liked — Close to freeway and restaurants nearby for late dinner
  • Disliked — the experience we had with the poor security in the parking lot. Cockroach in room.
  • Tips/Secrets — Be aware of others in the parking lot when you are there.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 Stockton North? Share your experiences!