“Refuge away from the fires” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #8 of 27 hotels in Stockton
Soldotna, Alaska
“Refuge away from the fires”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was supposed to go to a wedding in Northern California. The Rim Fire got in the way and we switched hotels to the Best Western Heritage Plus Hotel in Stockton. Excellent choice. Friendly front desk, good solid breakfast in the morning, nice pool and lounge.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Svang, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very nice place to stay for the price paid...The staff were friendly and eager to help their customers. I enjoyed staying at this location. The room was clean. Breaskfast was good and tasty. The surrounding location was nice as well. Checking out was easy too since we only had to leave the key in the room. The only downside was that the internet was slow (like most hotel rooms).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for the review. We always strive for perfection and do not like to see our guest disappointed in any way.
Lafayette, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

If you like street thugs as your neighbors, appliances that don't work, dirty rooms, and overall rude staff, this is your place.

No matter what, this is FAR from a 3 star hotel.

When we arrived, the staff was not competent and did not explain things adequately. We have 2 rooms, and 2 of the 4 key cards did not work. Once inside, hotel rooms were musty and HOT. AIr conditioner wall units did not cool quickly and were loud enough to sound like jet airplanes once they got going...

About 10 ghetto guys were partying until late at night 4 rooms down, so maybe the airplane/AC was a blessing in disguise.

We are here with 3 kids. Obviously the pool is a big draw. Well that became a non-option because of the drug use going on around the pool area. I called staff and the man at the front desk belittled me when I asked him to do something about it.

Bathroom shower curtains are too short (at this point thats least of our worries).
Front desk does not answer the phone.
Credit card was charged twice.
Stains on the carpet.
Dirty carpet.
Dirty bed covers.
Faulty/gross bathroom sink.

I will let Trip Advisor know if anything is done to make this stay less awful.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms 232/234....
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Svang, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for the review. I would like to apologize because, from the sound of things, you were not as quite blown away as we hoped. I am so sorry we would not get the bathroom issues resolved in a timely manner; we understand how frustrating it can be when our modern utilities are not working properly. Thank you for bringing each issue to our attention and will work hard to fix these issues so your next stay with us is nothing but extraordinary. We always strive for perfection and do not like to see our guests disappointed in any way.
Shavano Park, Texas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel does make the most amazing hotel complimentary breakfasts and the Staff was terrific. But....in building A, the internet did not work, in our room the bathtub shower curtain did not hang down into the tub to prevent water from ending up on the floor, the plumbing was in bad shape and I expect more from a Best Western. When we needed quarters for the laundry, we were sent to Food 4 Less to get them ourselves. (the hotel could have simply gone to the washer and dryer and gotten quarters from their very machines!)
Things we liked besides breakfast were the workout room and the pool. We did feel safe there and we could walk to stores for groceries and other items.
We had a family event nearby. Between all of us, there were six-rooms rented for two and three nights, depending upon the family groups. My group had a three-night stay.
Yes, this was a last minute switch from a camping trip in Yosemite due to the fires that are still blazing.

Room Tip: In visiting the C-building, I know they had internet as promised. The room seemed nicer than those...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Svang, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Hello and thank you for your recent response. I am very sorry about the internet issue. We are working very hard to correct this issue. I will also recommend a change dispenser to our corporate office. We are currently using a third party company that provides and services our laundry equipment therefore we were unable to retrieve the change in the machines. I appreciate all your feedback and will be using them towards improvements. Thank you again and we look forward to providing you with the utmost service in the future.

Fairfax, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was helping my son move into UoP in Stockton CA and this hotel was the closest to the campus. It was a little unnerving that the entire hotel property was fenced in, but I came to appreciate that since the area was kind of sketchy. I always have at least a Satisfactory experience with Best Western hotels and this visit was no exception. Breakfast was iffy, the internet connection went out more than once and the bed was way too soft for my liking, but overall it was a convenient and acceptable visit.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent response. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I would love the opportunity to speak with you and learn more about your experience with breakfast. Please contact me at the hotel and allow me the opportunity to make it right. I look forward to hearing from you.

Stockton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you want to be near Univ of Pacific and/or shopping. The beds are extremely comfortable, rooms are quiet, and there is a full breakfast included. The only problem we had is that my son forgot his toothbrush. We saw the sign in the bathroom saying toiletry items are available so he requested a toothbrush. He was told there weren't any. Other than that, the staff is friendly and helpful, internet was easy to access, room was clean, price was very good.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent response. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that we were not able to provide you with the toothbrush. I will relay your response to my housekeeping and front desk department to make sure that our amenities are restocked daily. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This should be your last choice only if there is no other room in town. One of those times when the name your own price did not work to our advantage. Our room was not good so we asked to change. They told us we could pay extra for a view of the pool which we did. The view from the terrace was the other building and if you stood in the very corner you could see the pool. What a joke. The breakfast was hearty if you are a lumberjack and have no taste buds but that was about it. The workout room was pathetic and after we checked out the desk clerk chased us out the door for the $10 extra for the pool view which we had already paid the day before. It is in a sketchy part of town as well. Will never go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent response. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I would love the opportunity to learn more about your experience. We are always looking for advice and ways to improve. Please contact me at the hotel. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Pao Vang

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!