“Last Minute Switch to Here” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE 15% in Stockton!
Ranked #9 of 27 hotels in Stockton
Shavano Park, Texas, USA
“Last Minute Switch to Here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel does make the most amazing hotel complimentary breakfasts and the Staff was terrific. But....in building A, the internet did not work, in our room the bathtub shower curtain did not hang down into the tub to prevent water from ending up on the floor, the plumbing was in bad shape and I expect more from a Best Western. When we needed quarters for the laundry, we were sent to Food 4 Less to get them ourselves. (the hotel could have simply gone to the washer and dryer and gotten quarters from their very machines!)
Things we liked besides breakfast were the workout room and the pool. We did feel safe there and we could walk to stores for groceries and other items.
We had a family event nearby. Between all of us, there were six-rooms rented for two and three nights, depending upon the family groups. My group had a three-night stay.
Yes, this was a last minute switch from a camping trip in Yosemite due to the fires that are still blazing.

Room Tip: In visiting the C-building, I know they had internet as promised. The room seemed nicer than those...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Svang, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Hello and thank you for your recent response. I am very sorry about the internet issue. We are working very hard to correct this issue. I will also recommend a change dispenser to our corporate office. We are currently using a third party company that provides and services our laundry equipment therefore we were unable to retrieve the change in the machines. I appreciate all your feedback and will be using them towards improvements. Thank you again and we look forward to providing you with the utmost service in the future.

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fairfax, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was helping my son move into UoP in Stockton CA and this hotel was the closest to the campus. It was a little unnerving that the entire hotel property was fenced in, but I came to appreciate that since the area was kind of sketchy. I always have at least a Satisfactory experience with Best Western hotels and this visit was no exception. Breakfast was iffy, the internet connection went out more than once and the bed was way too soft for my liking, but overall it was a convenient and acceptable visit.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent response. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I would love the opportunity to speak with you and learn more about your experience with breakfast. Please contact me at the hotel and allow me the opportunity to make it right. I look forward to hearing from you.

Stockton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you want to be near Univ of Pacific and/or shopping. The beds are extremely comfortable, rooms are quiet, and there is a full breakfast included. The only problem we had is that my son forgot his toothbrush. We saw the sign in the bathroom saying toiletry items are available so he requested a toothbrush. He was told there weren't any. Other than that, the staff is friendly and helpful, internet was easy to access, room was clean, price was very good.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent response. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that we were not able to provide you with the toothbrush. I will relay your response to my housekeeping and front desk department to make sure that our amenities are restocked daily. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This should be your last choice only if there is no other room in town. One of those times when the name your own price did not work to our advantage. Our room was not good so we asked to change. They told us we could pay extra for a view of the pool which we did. The view from the terrace was the other building and if you stood in the very corner you could see the pool. What a joke. The breakfast was hearty if you are a lumberjack and have no taste buds but that was about it. The workout room was pathetic and after we checked out the desk clerk chased us out the door for the $10 extra for the pool view which we had already paid the day before. It is in a sketchy part of town as well. Will never go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent response. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I would love the opportunity to learn more about your experience. We are always looking for advice and ways to improve. Please contact me at the hotel. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Soderkulla, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Hotel is in nice location in Stockton. It takes about 1,5 hours to drive San Francisco Airport. Hotel is near Mall and restaurants. It is high quality building, almost as a resort. Everything is working quite well, although I had some problems with Internet. Restaurant could have been open for dinner also.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Svang, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Come visit again.
Rowland Heights, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Nice place, a couple of miles east of I-5, lots of restaurants nearby. Room clean and comfortable, nice TV. Could update bathroom a bit but it was fine. AC cold. Big dining room and a full, hot breakfast in the morning, pretty good. Good room for a good price. Watch out for the $25 charge added to your bill without your knowledge. I was told it would be refunded but never notified by BW that I would be charged a deposit fee of $25. Hope it gets refunded soon.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for takin g the time to write such a great review. Please come back and visit is again soon!
stockton, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel is not in a good area of town. The breakfast menu needs fresher items, including muffins and pastries, and the staff needs to refill breakfast items when guests ask. Overall, the people were friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Greetings from Stockton, Thank you for your review. We take pride in our staff and service for each individual's visit. I will reiterate what you have said to our staff so that their hard work does not go unnoticed.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!