“One night and gone” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 27 hotels in Stockton
Fresno, California
“One night and gone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Wish I could give a more detailed experience, but I arrived at the hotel after 9:00 pm and had to be back on the road by 6:30 am. Check in was very easy and the staff was professional. Checked me in and gave good directions to the room (appeared to be a rather large establishment) as there were three separate buildings. Upon getting to building C, the first thing I noticed was that the interior of the building was on the warm side. Upon entering the elevator there was a sign that stated there were no ice machines in building C.

The room itself was also on the warmer side. I turned the in room air on went to a late dinner. Came back about 45 minutes later and the room had cooled off nicely. Bed was very comfortable and there was no noise to speak of. Room had plenty of space except in the bathroom where there was very limited counter space.

I did not get a chance to see the complimentary breakfast as I had to leave too early. I have heard from friends who have stayed here previously that it is a good breakfast and was actually one of the reasons I originally scheduled my stay at this Best Western.

Overall, my experience was not bad, but I did not get to really make use any of the services I would use to rate it higher than average.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed in a reserved ground level room, with king bed, non smoking. We brought my wifes little dog, no problem for the hotel. Best part of this hotel was the breakfast, free and whatever you want. The location is a few miles off of I-5, so not so convenient for travelers, but we'd visit there again.

Room Tip: In the summer, I would ask for a ground floor room facing the pool and courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I reserved this room on 05/20/2013 for one Night from Hotels.com and I was placed in Building "A" on the 2nd Floor. As I went into Bldg "A" the wrenching smell of Mildew was very noticeable and I was shocked for the Lobby was really nice and It seemed very Nice other than that, I was happy with my room only thing was the Towels seemed kind of old and hard. Those were the only things that dissapointed me from giving them a 5 star. They offer a very good free breakfast for which I couldnt complain it was free, all in all I would of give them 5 stars but those were my only disspointments but I would still stay there again, It is not a bad hotel honestly they just need to clean it up a little and with the free breakfast it was worth the price. I would reccomend them though.

Room Tip: I would stay at Best Western Heritage in Stockton again.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Reserved a non-smoking room through a travel site with 2 beds for one night but when we checked in they gave us a room with only 1 bed (not going to work with my family of four). After discussing the mix up with the front desk they said it was the only non-smoking room available because they have overbooked the place (their words not mine). We checked the smoking room available and it smelled pretty bad (again their staff admitted that it stunk). Staff on site said that the travel site could call them and they would verify they couldn't provide a room and a refund should be processed without a problem. They even offered to find a room at another location for us.
The travel site called to process the refund and the manager/owner denied it saying they had a room and I just walked out and wouldn't take it.I actually feel sorry for his employees who have to work with him everyday because the evening staff seemed nice. Note he wasn't on site at the time so he has no idea what transpired.
Travel site called me and said I need to contact the hotel because they can't refund me until the hotel refunds the travel site for what they paid. I called manager and he was confrontational from the start. Apparently he thinks saying "sir" at the start and end of every sentence is all that is required to provide good customer service. First said it wasn't his responsibility, that it was the travel site who had to refund me. Later said he won't "change his mind", meaning he did have the power to initiate the refund. Ended up telling me I have to take the travel site to small claims court cause he doesn't deal with 3rd parties. So all you customers who want to stay there via a travel site remember that, you're a 3rd party and he doesn't have to deal with you.
Needless to say - STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!! There are plenty of hotels on March Ln in Stockton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were very pleased with our one night stay. Room was clean and big. comfortable bed. What really made a difference was breakfast. Not your standard cereals + toast, but actual, freshly made breakfast(we had eggs with sausages and potatoes). Gated entrance to the rooms- a big advantage as hotel is close to the dodgy area.
On a negative site- would prefer to have gated car park as it is close to dodgy area. There was some noise coming from other room (air con?) but didn't disturb our sleep. Cleaner was hoovering just outside our room at 9am.. a bit early but luckily we were already awaken.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Capo Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have a rewards cards and try and stay at the Best Westerns when I can but this one was not very good.
the lines were all stained I called to have them changed and told operator that I would be gone for the next several hours and that would be a good time to change them. When we arrived back linens were never changed I called again and they said housekeepers went home. they sent maintenence man over who said he doesnt change sheets. he brought other linens but they were stained worst than the originals I had to assist maintenence person install the linens. they did credit part of my points but still this is not what I expect from Best Western and never heard from management

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here last night. Easy to find with good parking.

This stayover I enjoyed one of their suites. Wow! What a nice suite. Took the elevator to the third floor (beats walk'n). Nice large living room with a couch, two chairs and a coffee table. A nice small office area. As usual; microwave, frige, coffee maker... Then the bathroom. Nice sink & mirror area aside from the toilet & shower. The shower/tub was awesome. Double shower heads over a large whirlpool-tub.
Every employee I saw, said hello with a smile. I like that.

If you go here, get the suite if possible. You will be delighted.

The free breakfast was great. You sit down, order off their menu, and their staff serve you.

Room Tip: Get a suite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!