“no wi fi” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Carbondale, Pennsylvania
“no wi fi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

The room was great. The staff were all friendly. The wi-fi could not be used. The Business computer was out of order. And, all three cardiovascular machines were out of order.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Groveland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I had to stay in Stockton while my husband had surgery at St Joseph's Hospital. The location was convenient for us. I was concerned about staying there alone but was assured it was a secure place to stay. I reserved a room for myself. The day before surgery, a friend offered to come and stay with me, so my room had to be upgraded. The staff was great about it, no problems. They even went above and beyond by giving me the same room rate. I probably would have been scared going to and from the room by myself. A young man was sitting by the entrance to the interior hallway, apparently talking on the phone and was there everytime we left the room.
We both thought the room was very clean and the complimentary breakfast was great. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay. The room was surprisingly quiet.
If I ever have to stay in Stockton, I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012 via mobile

Just passing through. Clean, friendly staff, beautiful grounds & excellent hot Breaky with actual waitress service! For 2 of us & my little dog under $70 was a deal with a room poolside! One downer only--interior hallways but really, no complaints.

• Stayed May 2011
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

The room is amazingly well kept and very large, if you have AAA you get a very nice discount applied to your rate, as well. The wireless internet was slow, but I could care less because they had such an amazing looking room. I don't know why people complained that it wasn't in a good neighborhood. It is close to the mall, near a lot of restaurants, and I didn't feel unsafe at all and I travel alone. I think when I travel I just found the hotel I want to stay at for all my visits. I can't imagine ever having a bad time here, the staff was more than welcoming and the entrance to the lobby is grandeur and has an old elite feel to it. Maybe I'm not as picky, but I adored this place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

Less than satisfactory service at a hotel we have stayed at before. Cleaning staff did not get phone message to clean after 12...walked in on my husband and I sleeping. Hot food ran out by 9:30 all 3 mornings. Spicy eggs or saucy scrambled eggs every day were not conducive to a pleasant dining experience.

• Stayed November 2011
Stockton, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

The first thing you notice about this hotel is that it is not in the best neighborhood. I made sure to never walk outside alone. Then when we got in our room we noticed our phones didnt work. They said we could change rooms but seemed like too much of a pain. The gate to get into our building is broken. The hallway smells like weed. The housekeeping didnt make our bed once, they only leave towels and thats about the extent of it. I had to actually ask for toilet paper, if they are in here why cant they figure out we may need toilet paper on their own?? The internet sucks. That seems to be a best western thing. Almost every best western I stay in has issues with internet. All and all I think they're better place to stay outside of stockton for less money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel a couple nights a week for the last year- the people are always very nice. They go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need for a comfortable and safe stay. Thanks to the manager- Julie, her team has an "ownership" mentality- they take a sincere interest in making sure yuor stay very pleasant. OBTW- it is a very good value too.
Bob

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!