“I would rate it a zero if I could” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Stockton

You added Howard Johnson Stockton to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Stockton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 N. Center Street, Corner of Center & Weber, Stockton, CA 95202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Stockton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ocean Park
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This motel was a new low. They showed us 3 rooms we picked the least dirty one. None had any towels, two had a bed that had been sleepy in. We would have gone elsewhere but could not get a refund and it was late. All the rooms had dead bugs and cob webs hanging from the ceilings. I have never seen a more dinge, dirty room. We did not care to stay for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

HoJoStockton, General Manager at Howard Johnson Stockton, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Although it is difficult to hear that a guest of ours had such bad stay, it does let us know where we need to focus on improvements. We take all comments seriously and I want to thank you again for letting know about this. Onc again we are sorry for the inconvience.
Santa Clara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

I originally booked a room at nearby Traveler's Lodge through Priceline, but they turned me away because they were all booked up (?). I tried to call Priceline to have them book me another motel, but my AT&T cell signal was really poor. I drove around and found Howard Johnson's Express. It was a little more than what I wanted to spend, but it wasn't that expensive, really. I was able to book a room easily, which was great. The card key machine was not working, so they temporarily lent me the master card key. The first room that they reserved for me had a faulty door entry, and I wasn't able to enter it. After I settled myself in the second room, they said I had to use another room with a regular key entry, because their card key machine was still down. They got me into another room, which was older, and it smelled like a smoker's room. It didn't have a coffee maker like the second room, and one of the electrical outlets was bad. Also, the main ceiling light had a timer on it, so it would only stay on for a few minutes before turning off, which was annoying.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

HoJoStockton, General Manager at Howard Johnson Stockton, responded to this review, October 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The hotel is under new management and these issues will be taken seriously to improve our weak points of the hotel. We are hoping to see you in future. Once again thank you for sharing.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

We were on a girls trip with a woman going through cancer treatment and a 4 month old baby. Pulling up we could tell it was a bad part of town. We asked if it was safe and they said yes. They told us they gave us a room by the elevator and it was on the opposite side of the building. When we walked up and tried to go in a man was illegally living in the room. The front desk had no clue that someone was in there! I'm so mad because we were put in a dangerous situation. They refunded us our money and and admitted they would not stay there with their families! Go stay near March lane. A way nicer side of town.

• Stayed September 2014
HoJoStockton, General Manager at Howard Johnson Stockton, responded to this review, October 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry that you and your family had to face this inconvience. We will pay more attention to our rooms and check them daily bases. That guest was a paying guest when we checked. It does let us know where we need to focus on improvements. We take all comments seriously and I would like to thank you once again for letting us know.

Been to Howard Johnson Stockton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Stockton

Address: 33 N. Center Street, Corner of Center & Weber, Stockton, CA 95202
Location: United States > California > Stockton
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Stockton 2*
We have recently drained our pool and replaced all pool equipment. Come visit us and take a dive into our fresh and clean pool water. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Stockton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Stockton Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Stockton, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.