“Excellent service, affordable accomodation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Stockton

You added Howard Johnson Stockton to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Stockton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 N. Center Street, Corner of Center & Weber, Stockton, CA 95202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Stockton
Victoria, Canada
“Excellent service, affordable accomodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed at the Howard Johnson Express for two weeks. The management and staff made every effort to ensure my visit was comfortable; excellent communication, clean rooms, very comfortable beds. I would return again, and bring my family or recommend to friends. Very affordable, we were given a very good rate for the extended stay. Close to a picturesque waterside walkway, amenities such as a theatre and very good restaurants within walking distance. At the end of my visit, just prior to Christmas, the manageress gave me a Santa ornament to take home. It was a sweet gesture, and my son loved it. Karen and the other staff were always helpful, polite and professional, very accessible and friendly. Thank you so much for making my stay in Stockton memorable. The weather wasn't warm, but the staff more than made up for it! Many thanks from Canada.

Room Tip: The rooms I found to all be quiet; on the front and back of the building. We moved from a non smokin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

the staff was very friendly the room was very clean and bed was like sleeping on cloud 9 i want to sleep all day on it. manger she was very super nice and very helpful too help you. and plan on returning again. i would recomend it too any body going stay in stockton for place toostay at it 5 star hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I will never stay at another Howard Johnson's after this stay. Numerous problems, front door would not lock, had to have maintaintence man come to get it to lock. Had to insert room key card in the lock when leaving the room to get the door to lock? No towels in the room had to call the desk at 9:00PM to get towels. No clock in the room. No cups in the room. Telephone did not work, had to mess with the cord for about 5 minutes trying to get a dial tone when the door would not lock and again when I discovered there were no towels in the room. T.V. had linited channels, no controller, and had a large accumulation of dust all around the T.V. Desk in the room had no electrical connection within 10 feet. The room had a very strange oder like a cheap deodrant. Room furnishings very cheep and not very comfortable. but the real topper was a big wad of hair stuck to the wall of the shower/tub, a real turn off.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

HoJoStockton, General Manager at Howard Johnson Stockton, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
We would like to apologize that you had an unhappy stay with us and our room was not up to standard. We are recently under new ownership and still in our remodeling process. We apologize you did not get to enjoy one of our new completed rooms, but we would like to invite you to come back to our hotel and receive one night free in a new remodeled room.
STOCKTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

our total stay was 20 consecutive days, upon arrival our rate was $67.00 a night. upon our searching for a better rate on line we were able to reduce our rate to $55.00 a night. finally after signing up for wyndham rewards membership we brought our rate down to $50.00 a night. our reason for staying at a hotel was due to suddenly being homeless. at the end of our stay we were under the impression that we were due at least a free night stay. we were denied so have opted to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Highland Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stockton is my 2nd destination in California. I departed from Bay
Area, and stayed this hotel. The staffs were very friendly, the rooms
have been refurbished recently and are very clean, the hotel was quiet
even it is located in downtown area, it's just off two major highways
(Highway-4 & 5) and very easy to find. Internet access was great.
The only negative thing I had was that my keycard shut off twice during my stay. I guess it might be too close to my cellphone, even the friendly staff were quick to reset my key
and apologize, it still caused inconvenience.
In conclusion, if my travel takes me to San Joaquin County again, I will
definitely choose this hotel over others and I suggest you do the same!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor that face the river
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel is located in a beautiful setting near the lake. It is a great place for leisure walk for adults and biking for children. When I told the front desk about the possible toilet problem, they immediately gave us another room. However, we were not not able to get another non-smoking room because they were all sold out. The smell of the smoke bothered us since we were not smokers. However, the rooms were clean and comfortable otherwise.
The services were great. Workers were friendly and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. When we arrived, they met at the gate to direct our tour bus. Then, they arranged for our group to have an hour earlier breakfast when they found out that our group had to leave on a bus at the normal breakfast hour the next day. (Our group was 50+ people and average age of the group was 60+. I am not in their age group, but tagged along in this trip).

Room Tip: Non-smokers, be sure to get a room for non-smoking because smoking rooms are permeated with smoke, w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Howard Johnson Stockton? Share your experiences!