“Nice room great Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of University Plaza Waterfront Hotel

Save Saved
You added University Plaza Waterfront Hotel to your Saves list
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 West Fremont Street, Stockton, CA 95202 (Formerly Lexington Plaza Waterfront Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
Santa Cruz, California
“Nice room great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have stayed in Stockton on several occasions for work travel. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. Rooms are very nice, nice grounds and the restaurant and bar are good.

I would like to particularly thank Maya at the front desk and Kevin of the restaurant bar for their friendliness and professionalism although all the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Wonderful place. In town for our kids basketball tournament at UOP. Decided to stay Friday and Saturday. Best location, walked next door to Banner Island Stadium to see Pablo Sandoval play with San Jose vs. Ports, again on Saturday night with a fireworks show after. It was nice to be able to just walk back and crash, rest, and have our sons ready for their games in the mornings. Courtyard and pool is a great focal point, very inviting party atmosphere, great views. We enjoyed the area playing ping-pong, drinks and dinner at the pool and lounge tables. Charles, served us with every request and made us feel like Kings and Queens. Thank you Charles, you make this place special and deserve a raise! Our sons played well in their tournament. Stockton is 1 1/2 hrs away and never imagined it was such a wonderful place to visit.

Room Tip: Call front desk
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stockton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My stay was very last minute but they treat me as if I had been planning for weeks. The staff was amazing at the registration desk to Angie Guzman taking care of every need that we requested. I highly recommend this property and it provides a softer side of Stockton. The room was very well kept and it was very spacious and comfortable. The beds are comfortable and the décor is very class in the room. The food is great and the outdoor activities are unique to any guests. You can play ping pong, a game of pool or just relax in the pool area. I must stay if you are ever in Stockton.

Room Tip: Every room is great!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

In my Business, Projects can last for quite some time. I found this Hotel, actually recommended by friends at a bar in Stockton, and absolutely fell in love with it. Jean, the Manager, gave me a tour of the property, and quoted me a very reasonable price and I started my move in. The Hotel is very modern, state of the art amenities, view of the Sacramento river from my room, huge courtyard and pool. Jean and her staff are the most accomadating and friendly people I have had the privledge to meet. Chris, the Food and Beverage Manager, runs a tight ship and the restaurant food is excellent. Thanks Jean!!! I will be here until August of 2013, Love it here!!

Room Tip: 4th floor view of the Courtyard and the river.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sebastopol, Ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had a very nice stay at the Hotel. The only thing that bothered me that we were at a miniature show and decided to have our lunch there in the ballroom. 'we were given menus which listed our lunch at $9.99. When we got our ticket, it was listed at $10.99. We questioned this and was told they did not have time to change the prices on the menus. We find this totally unacceptable. I realize it was only a dollar difference, but it was fraud stating one price and charged another. We had our dinner the Friday night at the bar and it was wonderful. The young man at the bar told us to order only 1 pizza for the two of us as it was a very large pizza. I felt this was very courteous of him to suggest this. The pizza was wonderful. What a pleasant place to stay - clean. The older man at the desk was a little bit coarse. The young lady was a darling. Enough said.

Peggy Puckett and Phyllis Weston - Room112

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

i just had a major event at this hotel and being a stocktonian I was very impressed with the hotel. it seems as if im in another city the place is so beautiful. the location is great, customer service was awesome and chris the manager in the back is now my best friend, he just doesn't know it yet. we had our event in the courtyard and it being over 100 degrees I started to panic. surprisingly it wasn't too bad because the hotel shaded the whole courtyard by 4 and being next to the delta, the place cooled off by 6. the day before angie even offered to change the location to the banquet room instead of the courtyard... not once during the many times we had to change the dates did angie complained or gave us a had time or charged for the inconvience. she even scheduled a food tasting a 3 days before our event when I was available even though food tasting was between certain hours. the chef was amazing and so courteous, you can tell he took pride in his food. the staff made my event look georgeous. my guests thought I spent three times the amount I spent because they did such a good job... one of the first things I noticed about the place is that everybody goes out of their way to make sure youre taken care of. there was a customer there who was really upset about something and chris stopped whatever he was doing just to give her a hug. since then we make it a point to say hi to chris everytime we visit the place which is about once or twice a week. this place had become our second home. we come for the delicious food and to just relax in their courtyard. sometimes we just like to imajin that we live there. like every hotel they have their flaws like the front desk but I no jean will take care of that. overall the waterfront is the best hotel in Stockton and you gotta come visit this place. I would hate to see this place close down all because of stocktons bad reputation

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Sparkling clean, new hotel with tastefully decorated rooms.. Bed so comfortable and rooms so quiet we slept like babies. Even complementary Starbucks coffee downstairs in the morning. Great staff. Loved my Malibu rum drink(s) in the bar.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to University Plaza Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!