“Quoted one price, given another” 5 of 5 stars
Review of University Plaza Waterfront Hotel

You added University Plaza Waterfront Hotel to your Saves list
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 West Fremont Street, Stockton, CA 95202 (Formerly Lexington Plaza Waterfront Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Stockton
Sebastopol, Ca.
“Quoted one price, given another”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had a very nice stay at the Hotel. The only thing that bothered me that we were at a miniature show and decided to have our lunch there in the ballroom. 'we were given menus which listed our lunch at $9.99. When we got our ticket, it was listed at $10.99. We questioned this and was told they did not have time to change the prices on the menus. We find this totally unacceptable. I realize it was only a dollar difference, but it was fraud stating one price and charged another. We had our dinner the Friday night at the bar and it was wonderful. The young man at the bar told us to order only 1 pizza for the two of us as it was a very large pizza. I felt this was very courteous of him to suggest this. The pizza was wonderful. What a pleasant place to stay - clean. The older man at the desk was a little bit coarse. The young lady was a darling. Enough said.

Peggy Puckett and Phyllis Weston - Room112

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

i just had a major event at this hotel and being a stocktonian I was very impressed with the hotel. it seems as if im in another city the place is so beautiful. the location is great, customer service was awesome and chris the manager in the back is now my best friend, he just doesn't know it yet. we had our event in the courtyard and it being over 100 degrees I started to panic. surprisingly it wasn't too bad because the hotel shaded the whole courtyard by 4 and being next to the delta, the place cooled off by 6. the day before angie even offered to change the location to the banquet room instead of the courtyard... not once during the many times we had to change the dates did angie complained or gave us a had time or charged for the inconvience. she even scheduled a food tasting a 3 days before our event when I was available even though food tasting was between certain hours. the chef was amazing and so courteous, you can tell he took pride in his food. the staff made my event look georgeous. my guests thought I spent three times the amount I spent because they did such a good job... one of the first things I noticed about the place is that everybody goes out of their way to make sure youre taken care of. there was a customer there who was really upset about something and chris stopped whatever he was doing just to give her a hug. since then we make it a point to say hi to chris everytime we visit the place which is about once or twice a week. this place had become our second home. we come for the delicious food and to just relax in their courtyard. sometimes we just like to imajin that we live there. like every hotel they have their flaws like the front desk but I no jean will take care of that. overall the waterfront is the best hotel in Stockton and you gotta come visit this place. I would hate to see this place close down all because of stocktons bad reputation

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Sparkling clean, new hotel with tastefully decorated rooms.. Bed so comfortable and rooms so quiet we slept like babies. Even complementary Starbucks coffee downstairs in the morning. Great staff. Loved my Malibu rum drink(s) in the bar.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brentwood, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My son had his wedding at this property, and I will say that It's a beautiful property and the CSM was great! However, that's as far as it went. Let me see where to start... Well I pre paid rooms in cash for several family members to avoid my cc getting hit hard. The process went well, until 30 min. into the reception. The FD was giving out our occupied room keys to non-registered guests. We knew these folks, but never authorized them to give out room keys! My son's room was thrashed and used as a watering hole. Apparently, his room wasn't the only one that keys were given out... I decided to get my niece a room with her husband because they were having such a good time and they still wanted to stay. So, I walked over to the FD and spoke to a young lady. I told her that I needed another room for my niece who has decided to stay. She asked if she should charge it on my cc on file. I indicated No. I gave her my AMEX instead with specific instructions that they are not allowed to post anything on the room. I also mentioned for her not to link this room to my room. My niece stayed and apparently gave the FDA her information. Around 10 pm, we all left to the club for an after event. We had to be back early because I pre-paid for brunch the next day. Here is when we went further South!

Brunch was set for 11:15am. My son called are room around 10am indicating that people were already eating. Well I flipped a gasket and called the FD. The young lady indicated that her manager told her to give out yellow tickets fro brunch. Our tickets were white! Apparently, the FD was giving out tickets like if the brunch were a free marketing event!! I will say that Chris, the FB Asst. Manager jumped in and stopped the money bleed. Chris, Thank you!!! and my cc thanks you!!

Overall, this would have been a flawless event if it weren't for the drop of the ball from there FD staff! you can't just give room keys away to unauthorized people.... The FD needs training in security compliance, guest relations, customer service and confirming an ID check before issuing keys. Don't get me wrong, they have their stars like Jesus. Mya (not sure if I spelled it right).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Weed, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel to stay in when picking my husband up at the Stockton airport. Stockton doesn't have the greatest reputation. I was looking for a place that appeared safe. I will say this place is a gem. After ready reviews about how romantic the courtyard was I thought I would give it a try. I arrived mid day and was pleasantly surprised, there was a Gretchen Wilson concert right across the river in the outside amphitheater. My daughter and lounged by the pool while listening to "our" free concert. We then had dinner outside in the courtyard.
The rooms were VERY comfortable.
The only negative thing I have to say is, after the concert was over the pool & courtyard became a party zone for a ton of very drunk people from the concert. What appeared to be the manager seemed very overwhelmed trying to keep these people from bringing their cases of coors light to the pool. Overall a relaxing place, just check to see what kind of concert is happening across the river before booking, so you will know what type of people you will be sharing your evening with.

• Stayed June 2013
East Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was on a business trip a few days ago and it was my first time staying in the city of Stockton. Boy was I nervous due to all the media and co workers telling me how bad the crime was in Stockton. My husband told me to go to the next town of Lodi and commute to my business trips in downtown Stockton but I just gave it a try. I first got there and notice the security desk but no guard there. Great, I thought. I went to check in I ask the front desk how was crime her. She assured me that I would be safe. I told her how about my car. She said security is patrolling the parking lots all night. I went on with my day and when night came I had a few drinks in the bar and notice the hotel wasn't as bad as I thought. the people in Stockton wasn't that bad. The staff was nice and I actually seen security in a golf cart with lights flashing lol. When I had to leave early in the morning a guard actually walk me out without me even asking him. I offered a tip and refuse. I check out the next day and told the front desk I had a pleasant time here and she offered me a breakfast ticket for a free meal. Wow! I wish I was not so concern about my safety here and just relaxed because I knew I would have had a blast! Cant wait for the next time I stay here!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a great time we were right across from the hockey arena to go see the Kelly Cup Finals playoffs and came back to friendly staffs in a relaxing atmosphere. In the courtyard you have table tennis, pool tables, pool, hot tub and lot's of lounge chairs to catch some rays. We recommend this place to everyone.

Room Tip: Courtyard room would of been nice