“Very relaxing courtyard!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of University Plaza Waterfront Hotel

You added University Plaza Waterfront Hotel to your Saves list
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 West Fremont Street, Stockton, CA 95202 (Formerly Lexington Plaza Waterfront Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Stockton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Weed, California, United States
“Very relaxing courtyard!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel to stay in when picking my husband up at the Stockton airport. Stockton doesn't have the greatest reputation. I was looking for a place that appeared safe. I will say this place is a gem. After ready reviews about how romantic the courtyard was I thought I would give it a try. I arrived mid day and was pleasantly surprised, there was a Gretchen Wilson concert right across the river in the outside amphitheater. My daughter and lounged by the pool while listening to "our" free concert. We then had dinner outside in the courtyard.
The rooms were VERY comfortable.
The only negative thing I have to say is, after the concert was over the pool & courtyard became a party zone for a ton of very drunk people from the concert. What appeared to be the manager seemed very overwhelmed trying to keep these people from bringing their cases of coors light to the pool. Overall a relaxing place, just check to see what kind of concert is happening across the river before booking, so you will know what type of people you will be sharing your evening with.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
East Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was on a business trip a few days ago and it was my first time staying in the city of Stockton. Boy was I nervous due to all the media and co workers telling me how bad the crime was in Stockton. My husband told me to go to the next town of Lodi and commute to my business trips in downtown Stockton but I just gave it a try. I first got there and notice the security desk but no guard there. Great, I thought. I went to check in I ask the front desk how was crime her. She assured me that I would be safe. I told her how about my car. She said security is patrolling the parking lots all night. I went on with my day and when night came I had a few drinks in the bar and notice the hotel wasn't as bad as I thought. the people in Stockton wasn't that bad. The staff was nice and I actually seen security in a golf cart with lights flashing lol. When I had to leave early in the morning a guard actually walk me out without me even asking him. I offered a tip and refuse. I check out the next day and told the front desk I had a pleasant time here and she offered me a breakfast ticket for a free meal. Wow! I wish I was not so concern about my safety here and just relaxed because I knew I would have had a blast! Cant wait for the next time I stay here!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a great time we were right across from the hockey arena to go see the Kelly Cup Finals playoffs and came back to friendly staffs in a relaxing atmosphere. In the courtyard you have table tennis, pool tables, pool, hot tub and lot's of lounge chairs to catch some rays. We recommend this place to everyone.

Room Tip: Courtyard room would of been nice
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I am working in the area 3 days a week as a travel nurse and stay here a couple nights. I was so thankful for their help when I had to bring my dog for a couple weeks. I spoke with the front desk and Iolani was very helpful in allowing me to check in early in the morning before work and checking out late after work. No extra charges for the extra time was requested and I was so thankful for her help. Everyone was so nice and friendly towards me and my dog and I look forward to using their hotel the rest of the time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I work the asparagus festival and 2 years ago found this hotel. This place is so head and shoulders above this town. The rooms, wow. Desk service, impressive. But the real reason to stop by is Kevin, short Chris and Ari. If you want to feel like you are hanging out with friends spend some time in the bar, these guys are ligit.

• Stayed April 2013
Stockton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I am fortunate enough to reside in the condominiums located on the upper floors of the hotel. My experience at the Waterfront has been absolutely wonderful. The hotel is gorgeous from its interior design to the courtyard which provides a breath taking view of the Delta.(Especially during Sunrise/Sunset) As far as the rooms go the beds are almost too comfortable. The pillow top mattress combined with down comforter and fluffy pillows makes it difficult to get out of bed every morning.

As far as the staff goes I have never met a more genuinely warm and friendly group of people. From the parking attendants to the front desk and restaurants everyone goes out of their way to make you feel at home. I can honestly say in the 8 months I have been living here no one has been rude or short tempered with me. Once I lost my favorite jacket with no idea of where to begin looking and I told one of the women at the front desk, Priscilla, about it and she found it for me within a couple of days of my informing her about it. Mind you, my jacket had been lost for over to a week before I disclosed the information to her. This same woman , who usually works in the morning, has one of the brightest spirits I have encountered. Every morning as I am on my way to school she greets me with a warm smile and asks me how I am doing. I know it is more than a formality because she constantly asks me follow up questions about things I have told her previously.

In an effort to keep this short and sweet I'll end there. If you're ever in Stockton take note because the University Plaza Waterfront Hotel is the place to be!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Stockton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here because I just wanted some time to myself. I was going through a difficult time because of a death in the family. The hotel itself is beautiful (especially for stockton).

I booked a room for two nights, thinking it would be a relaxing experience. It wasn't. I woke up at 6am to loud construction noise. It didn't stop for hours and it was on an off consistently, so it kept waking me up. They were LITERALLY drilling (or something like that) into my wall from the next room over. When I complained to the hotel manager, she apologized, gave me a small discount for the night I had just stayed and told me should would transfer me to a new room. She assured me there would be no construction. I made her promise because I did not want to stay another night under those conditions. She said she spoke directly to the foreman and there was no construction happening the next day-at all.

The next morning I woke up to the same thing at 6am! Couldn't believe it. I went to the front desk and asked for the manager. She wasn't there and the guy at the front desk was really rude and said I already got a discount from the night before! I hadn't even asked for a discount-he acted as if I were complaining for no reason.

I explained that I would not have stayed had I known there was loud construction and that the manager had promised me there would be no construction. I checked out and was given the managers phone number. When I followed up with her at a later date, she was extremely rude and just repeatedly stated, "what do you want me to do?" When I said "I don't know," she hung up. No apologies, nothing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to University Plaza Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!