“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of University Plaza Waterfront Hotel

Save Saved
You added University Plaza Waterfront Hotel to your Saves list
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 West Fremont Street, Stockton, CA 95202 (Formerly Lexington Plaza Waterfront Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 27 hotels in Stockton
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Great service & food. Thank you Richard, Charles & staff. Right on the water frount. Very personable. All around very clean. Large recreational area. Contemporary, resort like feel, great imbeance. Though I do with that they had a spa on location. Great prim rib specials on Thursday. The rooms have a great bathtub and very comfortable beds. A added plus is free Starbucks coffe by the lobby.

• Stayed August 2012

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

I can't say enough about the staff here. They were so friendly and helpful. Myia and Renee at the front desk were so helpful at check-in and also with recommendations with activities in the surrounding area. They were also very attentive to all of our needs and requests.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable especially the rooms that overlook the courtyard. Do yourself a favor and upgrade to the king deluxe if they have availability, much more space and well worth it. The in hotel restaurant has great food for breakfast, lunch, or dinner (seriously all you can eat prime rib for 20 bucks!) great wait staff. Oh and the bar!!!! Thank you Chris and Kevin for keeping our glasses full and your awesome and friendly service. You both made our stay here a great one!! Looking forward to returning for another stay this upcoming hockey season.
And don't let me forget to also mention the pool, jacuzzi and outdoor activities such as shooting pool or playing ping pong!! And plenty of areas to lay out and do some R&R.
Sincerely the honeymoon couple...lol :)

• Stayed August 2012
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I recently spent four nights at the University Plaza Waterfront Hotel. I don't think I have ever stayed at a hotel with a more friendly and helpful staff; everyone was pleasant and helpful. I wanted to have something to eat on a Sunday night, when the restaurant is closed, and staff offered to talk to the chef about what could be made. A simple and satisfactory menu was presented. Rooms are comfortable and in good condition.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Antelope, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed at the University Plaza Waterfront for two nights while attending a reunion. It was one of the best hotel experiences I have had. The entire experience was excellent. The staff were ALL very helpful, courteous, and provided excellent customer service throughout, which is all too often missing. The entire facility was clean, the beds very comfortable, the location and grounds excellent, the breakfast buffet excellent and fresh (not just the coffee, juice and pastry at many hotels). And a very good value and well priced, especially for the high quality of the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I recently stayed at the Uiversity Plaza Waterfront Hotel with my family. It was a mini vacation and more than anything a way for us to get out of the house. We swam in the pool, enjoyed the spa and I even ordered a Pina Colada poolside. They brought my 3 year old son a small apple juice in a pool friendly plastic cup and he was in heaven. The view of the waterfront is beautiful and we almost forgot we were in Stockton. We enjoyed a nice dinner and the service was great! We watched a movie in our room and our beds were very cozy. I have also had meetings here and stayed for business and the service was always first class. Looking forward to Hockey season with the Thunder at the Stockton Arena right next door, we will definitely be back for a game or two!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

From the second we walked in the door to the time we walked out everyone was very attentive and was making sure all was ok. My only complaint is the first come first serve for the rooms it would be nice if you could reserve a room and get it. The entire place was very clean, big bathrooms and shower, and full size fridge.

Room Tip: check in early, rooms are given out on a first come first serve basis, which is my only complaint ab...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Livermore, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our recent stay at the University Plaza Waterfront Hotel was a bizarre one to say the least, it was full of pros and cons and that's why i have to give it a solid 3 stars.

Cons:
I don't usually start with the worst but having made our reservation 3 weeks in advance for a king bed room for my husband and I to enjoy our 2nd night out since having our son 16 months ago.

Rooms - You can imagine my surprise when I was told that the only rooms available upon our arrival were dormitory twin beds. And when asked why my king room was given away, the front desk manager told us that they gave the rooms out based on check in time that evening as there was a concert going on next door.

This didn't seem fair since we had booked in advance and were going to the concert but due to traffic and a freeway accident were arriving to check in at 6:30p vs. 3p.

Post party and a birthday party in a club type scene were taking place after the concert and we enjoyed appetizers and drinks on the lawn but went to bed around 12:30a.m.

At 2:45 a.m. I knew another reason that they called it a dormitory type setting when all the loud drunk guests using those rooms arrived back down our hall making a lot of noise and disrupting sleeping guests.

Pros:
- Front desk staff was apologetic and you could tell they were just following instructions from their manager
- Discounted our room by $40
- Gave us vouchers for free breakfast buffet the next morning

The room was very nice dorm style, clean and comfortable.
Location was fantastic as we were going to a concert at Stockton Arena and it was literally next door so that was very convenient.

I am hesitant to say i would stay again unless i was GUARANTEED that my room that i booked would be saved for me.

Room Tip: Make sure that if you want a certain room you find out when you have to be there to check in and get...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to University Plaza Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!