“probably the best hotel I have ever stayed at” 5 of 5 stars
Review of University Plaza Waterfront Hotel

You added University Plaza Waterfront Hotel to your Saves list
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 West Fremont Street, Stockton, CA 95202 (Formerly Lexington Plaza Waterfront Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Stockton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fairfield, California
“probably the best hotel I have ever stayed at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

From the second we walked in the door to the time we walked out everyone was very attentive and was making sure all was ok. My only complaint is the first come first serve for the rooms it would be nice if you could reserve a room and get it. The entire place was very clean, big bathrooms and shower, and full size fridge.

Room Tip: check in early, rooms are given out on a first come first serve basis, which is my only complaint ab...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Livermore, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our recent stay at the University Plaza Waterfront Hotel was a bizarre one to say the least, it was full of pros and cons and that's why i have to give it a solid 3 stars.

Cons:
I don't usually start with the worst but having made our reservation 3 weeks in advance for a king bed room for my husband and I to enjoy our 2nd night out since having our son 16 months ago.

Rooms - You can imagine my surprise when I was told that the only rooms available upon our arrival were dormitory twin beds. And when asked why my king room was given away, the front desk manager told us that they gave the rooms out based on check in time that evening as there was a concert going on next door.

This didn't seem fair since we had booked in advance and were going to the concert but due to traffic and a freeway accident were arriving to check in at 6:30p vs. 3p.

Post party and a birthday party in a club type scene were taking place after the concert and we enjoyed appetizers and drinks on the lawn but went to bed around 12:30a.m.

At 2:45 a.m. I knew another reason that they called it a dormitory type setting when all the loud drunk guests using those rooms arrived back down our hall making a lot of noise and disrupting sleeping guests.

Pros:
- Front desk staff was apologetic and you could tell they were just following instructions from their manager
- Discounted our room by $40
- Gave us vouchers for free breakfast buffet the next morning

The room was very nice dorm style, clean and comfortable.
Location was fantastic as we were going to a concert at Stockton Arena and it was literally next door so that was very convenient.

I am hesitant to say i would stay again unless i was GUARANTEED that my room that i booked would be saved for me.

Room Tip: Make sure that if you want a certain room you find out when you have to be there to check in and get...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We had a total of 13 rooms and 1 suite in this hotel. The service and staff are very good. They will go out of their way to please guests. Very good and clean rooms for the price. I have meetings at this hotel several times a year for the past 3 years and this time was the best. The food and the attitude of the chef coming out to greet and making sure everything is okay is a plus. Take it from me "They are getting it!"

Room Tip: depend on the physical ability, but all rooms are good.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

This hotel is truly unique... It is right on the senic Waterfront district of Stockton, adjacent to the sports arena and complex... A group of our friends lunch weekly around town, and the Universtiy Plaza was very accommodating... they set us up in an area of the Hotel that overlooked their beautiful courtyard... We had a great visit thanks to them; the food was excellent! They have a nice Bar and the Chef and his staff provided a great dining experience. We all agreed to return here individually and as a group in the very near future... If you are in Stockton for a short or extended visit, this is the go-to place if you value price, comfort and service!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this Hotel and we were very impressed . The views of the waterfront are beautiful , you get the feeling you are in total seclusion , and forget there is a city right outside of the hotel , the staff are very courteous and willing to make any accommodations necessary . The rooms are very clean , elegantly decorated , and spacious . I love the lounge area and the complimentary shuttle service they have where they will take you anywhere in town you want to go , I would definitely stay here again and recommend this Hotel to my friends

• Stayed July 2012
Stockton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

It's location, location, location! Great food service, World Class Customer Service. University Plaza Waterfront Hotel is beautiful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Interlaken, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

The Waterfront Hotel, nice rooms, friendly staff in the restaurant. Frontdesk not really well trained. It tooked them a long time on all my stays to print an Invoice or change to correct address. The Hotel is not close to restaurants or malls, but the Marina close by is very nice. Try the cereal breakfast, its great. All in all, clean, modern and price is nice.

Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to University Plaza Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!