“What a great patio” 4 of 5 stars
Review of University Plaza Waterfront Hotel

You added University Plaza Waterfront Hotel to your Saves list
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 West Fremont Street, Stockton, CA 95202 (Formerly Lexington Plaza Waterfront Hotel)   |
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
“What a great patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for several days on business and had a very good time. Rooms are comfortable, with microwave, refrigerator, and sturdy, free wifi. The hotel is part of a waterfront redevelopment project, and is a very modern design. Nice restaurant/bar. Patio is fabulous. An embarrassment of lawn furniture, heaters, ping pong tables, and a lovely pool/spa. I spent much of the time curled up on the patio reading or watching Netflix on the iPad.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Lodi, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Since the new owners took over this hotel everything has made my feet and eyes stop n look 3x's! I've seen this hotel struggle and experienced the cold decor cringe my eyes. I'm a local girl who goes to the Hockey games quite often and before I moved here I was a guest. The rooms have always been nice, clean and very modern in decor. However the rest of the hotel needed work and the owner DID IT!!! He's always around and looking for ways to keep this place happening! I love going here and taking my clients and friends for lunch or drinks. The food is great, the decor is warm and cozy! This is a great place to have a wedding, pool party or traditional meetings. They are always looking at ways to make everyone happy and I highly recommend their New Years Eve overnight party bash! Thank You Patrick & Jonathan!

Room Tip: I believe The Gym is located on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
San Luis Obispo, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Wow....so underwhelmed by my experience, not sure where to begin. 1st, I reserved a waterfont king room, did not get it for some reason. I was in a handicapped room right over the hotel entrance, so I got both the noise from people coming and going until 1 am, and the bright lights from the hotel front. I was also next to the elevator, which I heard most of the night. Because I was in a handicapped room for some reason (I am not handicapped), I did not have a refrigerator or a microwave. I at least get an refrigerator at a Day's Inn for 1/2 the price. The handicapped shower flooded the bathroom, and it had obviously happened before from the evidence I saw as I was wiping up the water so I did not slip. Parking is across the street. No valet. Oh, did I mention the train?
I thought this would be a 'step up' from the other hotels in Stockton. Was I wrong. In fact, it seemed to me, as I sat in the bar for 20 minutes, waiting for Baileys and coffee, that the locals definitely fare better at this hotel. The bartender, who was nice, but slow and easily distracted, was in a track suit, as if she had just come in from running a mile. Not what I expected for the price I paid for what I thought was a classy hotel. As locals started filling the bar an hour later, that idea was confirmed. I was definitely treated like a stranger. After a short night, because I got very little sleep, I went out to my truck at 4 am. The lot was almost empty! I thought I got such a crappy room because the place was full. On a Thursday. No. All those cars were the hotel staff and the bar patrons.

I have slept in some great hotels, like the Aria & Cosmopolitan in L.V. Slept in some crap hotels, where I am sure some horror movies were filmed on location, both in Tulare and Eureka. I would not recommend this hotel to a friend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room next to the water. YOU HAVE TO ASK! Ask for a room nowhere near the hotel lobby or ab...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Daly City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I may be a bit behind with this review since I actually came to this hotel for the first time with friends for their New Year’s Eve party, and I had a great time even though it was only for a quick overnight trip. Stockton is a city which is far cry from San Francisco, but in the midst of this city is a great hotel that I would definitely recommend to anyone who would just like to just get away, but not drive too far. The hotel is next door to the arena where I was able to catch a Stockton Thunder game before the party. Right when I got in, the staff greeted us, and they were nice, friendly and made sure everything was taken care of even before we got to the room. The room is big, modern, and clean, and I fell in love with the flat screen tv. Well, that and the queen sized bed. It was so comfortable I could have slept in it all day and stare out at the view of the water. You just have to be there and try the beds. I didn’t get to eat at the restaurant, but got to spend some time at the bar. Just like the rest of the staff, our waiter was kind and attentive. I did wish I got to spend time at the pool and hot tub. The lawn had nice furniture, a fire pit and even a ping pong table…yes, a ping pong table, so there’s something for everyone. The one thing I did like a lot was the free wi-fi that actually works. I’ve been to several hotels saying that they have free wi-fi, and about a third of those hotels didn’t work. I felt like I was in a resort for the night. It’s a great place and I think this is the only place I’ll be staying at every time I visit Stockton.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I give the University Plaza Waterfront Hotel 5 STARS!!!!!!! The customer service was excellent from the time i checked in to the time i checked out. The hotel is soooooooooo nice. They have a bar with great bartenders who no how to make drinks, not that water down drinks and they all had excellent customer service. I want to give a shout out to 2 bartenders that i realy like, RACHELLE ROCK!!!! she always came to check up on us to make sure we where ok and just her conversation was good and KEVIN is cool he mad sure we where ok. Whoever the COOK is I want to say keep cooking how you cooking the food was excellent!!!! I loved the chicken wings and the turkey sandwiches! The hotel had free wifi that is free so i loved that when you go to other hotels they want to charge you a fee a day plus the hotel has a business center where you can use there computer and printer for free!! They have happy hour everyday monday through friday from 4:30 to 7pm they have a shuttle that will pick you up and take you 5miles from the hotel and they are willing to come and pick you up so i realy like that becasue i had to go to court which was only 2 blocks but after we went to the mall and they droped us off and picked us up so that was good cause if not we would be paying a cab! i had a excellent time there and i will b back and i will tell my freinds and family about the hotel....SMOOCHES!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We spent the night at Plaza Waterfront Hotel for New Years. The celebration was great, and we loved the fact they had security guards all over the place. We had an incident in the room next to us, the staff was so fast to take care of the business, and help us with the noise ASAP. Thank you!ly
Friends
Solo
When did you travel?

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Port Macquarie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

After struggling to find the place(even using GPS) due to road closures for the pending famous Asparagus Festival, I was warmly welcomed and settled in to a very comfortable room. A short walk (well it should have been but more barricades thanks to the wonders of asparagus) into downtown and great places to have a drink or eat. The restaurant had a good choice of foods and the meal I had (yes, with asparagus) was lovely.

Room Tip: near the stadium could be noisy when a game is on.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to University Plaza Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!