“The owner was rude and while i was talking to him he turned and wallked off” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4219 East Waterloo Road, Stockton, CA 95215 (Formerly Stockton Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
Colville, Washington
“The owner was rude and while i was talking to him he turned and wallked off”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Me and my daughter and 2 children checked in on 3/31/13 they gave us rm #127 at first it looked ok .then as we looked around the light as you first come in did not work.the shower had MILDEW all around the tub.The sheers looked like a cat had clawed them.the hallway stunk.I complained to i believe was lori.she was very helpful she moved us to another rm and building.The second day i left to grocery shop when i returned the freezer had went out and watter was driping on my food .I called and they came and exchanged it that night my daughter niticed the bathroom was flooded.we called again.the maintence man said the fossit broke it happens all the time.and in the evening we had no cold water it was all hot.i reported it but was never fixed.a man who heard me talking about it said he was in #110 and has the same problem.when i tried talking to OWNER champ patel he said i' ve got bad luck .and walked away.he also ownes 2 of the hotels accross the street .HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HIS HOTELS.I have filed a complaint against clairon on waterloo.cars do get broke into.the office staff was really helpful.i feel sorry for them.mildew is in most rooms.the place isn't safe.I will NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN.

Room Tip: check everything I mean turn water on flush toilets check fridge.they have local traffic .I cannot w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Vancouver BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We often stay at a Clarion Inn at SeaTac airport, so tried this one in Stockton. It was quite reasonable, but all in all a bit disappointing--there was a general air of emptiness and poor property maintenance (although the rooms were certainly clean enough). The first room we were given was quite large for a hotel room, but the lighting was confined to two night-table lamps and one at the desk--three little puddles of light in a large dark room. The bathroom sink had a tap leak that spilled onto the floor, so we were moved to another nearby room, and the staff had to move the bed to plug in one of the night-table lamps, which had (mysteriously?) been unplugged. The room was clean and comfortable, and the included breakfast was excellent, but we didn't think that we'd want to return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Surrey, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Got excellent "secret" deal at $52 / night compared to published rate of about $110. Good news was that staff were super-friendly and efficient, room was big, everything seemed clean. Bad news? Very depressed area, hotel was effectively empty (I counted about a dozen vehicles in parking lot), room showed wear & tear (frayed carpet at divider, stains on ceiling), limited service in restaurant. I'd not likely stay there again even though my heart goes out to the staff who obviously do their best to work under difficult conditions.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Corona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed in this hotel because we have a dog; while walking our dog early in the morning we found someone had broken into our vehicle and was still ransaking it! We were not the only people robbed; a motorcycle was stolen and 2 other vehicles were also broken into on the same night. The night manager came out while the sheriff was taking our report and apologized because she was supposed to patrol the area. The rooms are inexpensive but staying at here may cost you more then $ in the long run!

Room Tip: If you must stay at this hotel request to stay in the front buildings try to avoid the back of the h...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reno, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We selected this hotel with some reluctance because at $62 a night, we were ready for a flea-bag. It turned out to be a pleasant surprise. It's an older hotel but the rooms were clean and spacious. Believe it or not, the $62 included a good breakfast, too. The pool looked clean. Randal the bartender was friendly and helpful. Debbie the breakfast waitress was friendly. The bar and breakfast were open despite there being very few guests. They must be struggling financially but all of the essentials were there for our stay so we left well satisfied.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Sparks, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We are very disappointed with our recent (Feb. 19, 2012) stay at the Clarion Inn & Suites in Stockton, California (on Waterloo Rd). We were in Stockton for my brother’s wedding and purchased 2 rooms. The hotel was basically empty and yet we were placed in the wing closest to the very noisy freeway. Not very good customer service by the very rude front desk clerk either. Since the rooms were stuffy, we tried to turn on the air conditioners and neither one of them worked. I called the front desk, and the front desk clerk, told me that there was no one that could take a look at them but they would make a note of it. They also needed to make a note of the pet stains in the carpet as well. So, after a very uncomfortable night, we got up, got ready for the wedding and went to the lobby for breakfast. However, there was NO breakfast as promised in our reservation. I even confirmed the time breakfast would be served when we checked in. We were told Sorry, ‘the lady that usually does breakfast didn’t show up’. REALLY??? That’s the explanation? One of the main reasons we choose to stay at this hotel was that it offered breakfast. Since the Groom stayed with us that night, I especially wanted to make sure he got something to eat. With all the issues we had with the Clarion, I will not stay or recommend this hotel ……very disappointing.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

The Clarion is an older property with a very convenient location if you're traveling in Central California on 99 or 5. There are lots of fast food places within walking distance and A Dennys across the street plus a restaurant/bar in the motel.

I never expect the older properties to be perfect - whenever you stay in an older motel, you expect to do without some of the extras or design features newer places have - the trade off is usually an economical price and/or good location.

I was here for one night to attend a going-away party given at a local venue nearby which is why I picked it - I booked a "King Suite" which normally runs close to 90 bucks but i had a free night from Choice Privileges.

- - - The check in process was easy, quick and the front desk staff was friendly enough

- - - The room (Suite) was huge. It had full size couch, 2 rooms, 2 TVs. Thinking it would be good for a family. TV's were old and not in best condition - kind of what you expect for an older motel. But honestly, it wouldn't take a lot of work to give the rooms and property a much needed make-over.

- - -The hallways smell of smoke, there's no security on the outside doors to the building. Many of the screens on the bottom floor have been pried off it appears from attempted break ins. This place really needs a paint job inside and out badly.

- - - When I first got to the room, there was actually garbage still there from the previous renter that housekeeping must have missed. The towels seemed as old as the property and could really be thrown out. Bed was comfortable enough but it seems such a waste of such large rooms with the 1970-1980's type furniture and set up.

- - - Restaurant/Bar - they give you a voucher for a free breakfast at the restaurant which i tried to use but after waiting nearly 15 minutes for anyone to seat me (there were 2 couples eating there - both said they'd been waiting nearly 20 min for their order. I went to the front desk and saw the waitress out front dishing with the housekeeper. No thanks. I heard the food was not very well from others and they suggested Dennys . I had to catch a plane in Sacramento so i skipped the free breakfast. The restaurant also looks like it hasn't changed in 25 years and could really use some new carpet and a paint job.

I had a cocktail the night before and the bar was a bright spot - Randall the bartender was efficient, friendly and probably the best thing this place had going for it.

- - - Location - like I said probably the best thing going for this place is the location. People complaining about freeway noise shouldn't be surprised - it is right off the freeway after all. it can be difficult to get out on Highway 88 during the evening rush hour as there are no lights.

- - - Check out - no one around for that either - so i have no idea what the process is like - i just left.

Being a Clarion - I expected more. This property is completely at the bottom of the low end for this chain IMO. If they spent a little to spruce up the place - update the rooms a bit (im not talking designer here - clean alone would be a start) they'd have a much better place. The curtains in my room were broken and i didn't want to touch them anyway - very stained and ripped.

So if you must stay here - i'd advise you to avoid the restaurant, bring your own towels and don't expect much above an older (much older) "Motel 6" type experience.

I really wanted to like this place but it needs a make-over and maybe some customer service training for the staff (Like actually be in the restaurant would be nice)

Room Tip: Suites are large and probably safe as they're at the end of the interior halls.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!