“My Car was Broken into along with 2 others!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Stockton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“My Car was Broken into along with 2 others!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel has security, however this did not stop my car (and 2 others) being broken into and a suitcase stolen. The hotel quite rightly relies upon the "we are not liable" notices in the car park not to compensate me for the loss. They did however refund my room and give me a 15000 points bonus, they did not have to do this. This unfortunately did not even halfway match my $1,200 loss. I understand a computer and full set of Golf Clubs were lost from the other 2 cars - so I should feel lucky, I only lost $1200!

I have requested the hotel to install Cameras AND inform all guests at check in that they have a security problem and not to leave ANYTHING in their cars. This will indicate real concern for their guests.

The hotel is clean, well run and the usual Marriott standard.

Just beef up the security!

#DoTheRightThingStocktonCourtyardHotel

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Katie G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Stockton, responded to this review, 3 days ago
David B., we are extremely saddened that this happened while staying at our hotel and share your frustration. While we have several security measures in place, we also remind our guests through the signage around our parking lot, to remove all valuables from their vehicle to assist in crime prevention. We have spoken with our security team and discussed additional measures that have since been implemented. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to know that the rest of your experience went well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stay here when visiting my daughter at UOP. I've tried several hotels in the area and this is my favorite combination of price and location. The Hilton seems to be popular but the area where the Courtyard is, seems much better. The staff is very caring and the rooms are nice. Though in a couple of years, they will likely be due for an update. (But I travel a lot so I may be a little pickier). There are no negatives to this hotel that I can see. Close to the University and in the better part of Stockton.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Katie G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Stockton, responded to this review, 1 week ago
JBicrs, thank you so much for the review and love being your favorite combination in Stockton. We look forward to taking care of your during your return trips to visit your daughter. All the best!
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed there in March because I am a Marriott rewards member and had a free night that was going to expire and I decided to use it there. I live just a few minutes away but we had a nice time there and the pool was clean and quiet. Staff was nice and property was very well kept. I would not hesitate to recommend this to family and friends. Many dining options within walking distance. The only problem I had was I noticed they used my free night and also deducted 10,000 points from my account and since they used my points I was having a hard time making reservations somewhere else that's how I found out.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Katie G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Stockton, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Tululahh, thank you for staying with us and choosing to use your well-earned Marriott Reward points at our hotel. We all appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit!
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

First time guest at this Courtyard, but will definitely stay here again. Property has been updated, and modernized and was clean, well maintanied. Staff was helpful and courteous as well.

Good location, and nice quiet area. I had a suite and I enjoyed the size and space. Excellent hot water and water pressure, always a nice welcome after a long day from the east coast.

NOTE: Excellent HIGH SPEED internet. Marriott gets it right with their Gold and above members. Free high speed internet that actually is high speed is welcome. Hilton has failed in this regard.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
SMCPTravels, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our renovated rooms during your visit, we are excited about the new look. Thank your for the positive remarks about our staff, location, water pressure and internet. We love the feedback. Happy travels!
Pleasanton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2015 via mobile

2nd time staying this hotel - was there for cheer competition in UOP hotel was only 3miles away from UOP was very easy to in and out
Very basic courtyard - some what old room, need upgrade on room but staff was so friendly
When we check in and out they did everything to make sure we were ok
Cafe staff was friendly too
Gave us 2pm check out was superb too

• Stayed March 2015
Katie G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Stockton, responded to this review, March 8, 2015
Lovehawaiigirl, thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Stockon. I am sorry to hear that we had not exceeded your expectations, we completed a room renovation January of this year. However, we are glad to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

This hotel is decent for the price point. The bar/Cafe provide a unique, albeit slow experience.

The perfume in the room is overpowering, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable.

This hotel would not be my first choice for travel, but I would stay here again.

Stayed January 2015
Katie G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Stockton, responded to this review, February 26, 2015
Falpalnkenny, we truly appreciate your constructive feedback and will share this with my housekeeping and Bistro team. We are thankful for this opportunity to make our hotel even better and hope that we can become your first choice with these improvements. All the best!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2015

I stayed two nights here for business. Great rooms, fitness center, breakfast and friendly staff. They're doing some updating right now so that's the only reason I didn't give it a full five. Some things are out of place but that's understandable with the renovation. However the carpets in my room were new which was nice. Close to the freeway too which is good. I would stay here again.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Katie G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Stockton, responded to this review, January 19, 2015
Roots21, Thank you for your review of the Courtyard Stockton. It is always a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your time with us and found us to be a "good place to stay." We are excited to unveil our new look, we expect it to be finished in February!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Stockton? Share your experiences!