“family stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 27 hotels in Stockton
San Jose, California
“family stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Booked two rooms at christmas so we didn't overwhelm the relatives homes. Was convienent, comfortable. Staff was nice. rooms were large enough with small kitchens which were helpful. Rooms were clean on the surface, but could have used a bit more focus on detail as the fold out couch wasn't made up in advance and not enough blankets for December

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Katie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for spending the holidays with us, we are happy to hear you enjoyed our large rooms and staff. It is Marriott policy to not keep the pull out sofas linen automatically on the bed for our guests, but rather folded neatly inside of the closet and stored in a plastic container. We are absolutely happy to assist with placing these on the mattresses, however, they are sealed and checked for each stay to guarantee cleanliness. We appreciate your review and look forward to your next visit at the Residence Inn Stockton.

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Very quite hotel where I got 8 hours of solid sleep. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Would be great for a family. My room had 2 TVs and a fireplace. They offer free breakfast, which makes it a better deal. Would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Katie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Greetings Leslie H! Thank you for staying with the Residence Inn and for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, received a good night's sleep and joined us for our complimentary breakfast buffet! Please keep us in mind on your next visit to Stockton, CA.
oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We booked the Residence Inn on I-5 for our trip from Portland, OR to Los Angeles, Ca. We were going to have 4-5 people in the car and wanted extra sleeping space all in 1 room. Residence Inn offered a 2 bedroom suite with each bedroom having it's own on-suite bathroom. There is a kitchen/sitting area in the middle of the 2 bedrooms. The sitting area has a pull out sofa.
When we arrived, it was very dark. We had gotten a late start due to car trouble. The entrance was poorly marked. We went in and were told we didn't have a reservation. I pulled out my confirmation paper and was told that the entrance to the room we booked was in a different part of the property. We drove around and eventually found the entrance. At 10PM, it was locked and we had to bang on the door to get someone to open it.
Finally, we got keys to our room, drove around to it and hauled our gear in. The keys didn't work so we had to repeat the routine of trying to get into the lobby.
We wanted to use the spa and it was open until 11. It was part of the original property we had gone to. Once we figured out how to walk there, it was lovely. The parking lots were dark and it was a little dicey getting over there. I don't think I would have made the walk on my own.
The room was adequate but not entirely clean. Someone had used the kitchen before us and there were some dirty items. The bathrooms seemed clean.
Overall, you get a lot of space for the money at this property. if you want to sleep several family members in one room, this could be a good choice.

Room Tip: There are 2 bedroom suites with pullout sofa in living room if you need the sleeping space for 5 or...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Katie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for staying with on your trip from Portland. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, the do allow larger families to share a larger room. It also sounds like you arrived at our Courtyard by Marriott property originally, our Residence Inn directional signs at the entrance can easily be driven past. I apologize for the confusion. We absoloutely clean and inspect every part of our rooms. Sometimes, wear on the kitchen amenities can make them appear as though they are unclean. I do hope that you reported this so that we could replace and address your concerns. However, I will also make sure to bring your feedback to my staff's attention. Thank you for your review and we hope you stay with us on your next trip.
La Grange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a perfect place to stay!! The room was fabulous...like having our own little apartment!! Clean, kitchenette with everything you can imagine, small living room with fireplace, two separate bedrooms each with their own bathrooms & tvs. Lots of places to eat & things to do nearby. Wouldn't hesitate to reserve a room here again. Enjoy!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3Susan3C, we appreciate your wonderful review and entusiasm about our hotel. We are pleased to be considered the "perfect place to stay!' Our location certianly makes it easy to access areas of interest in the Stockton area, while our rooms make it is easy to unwind. Thank you again and make sure to come visit and stay with us next time you are in Stockton!
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The location for this hotel is great, it was easily one of the nicest and least threatening areas of Stockton to be in. The staff was always very nice and helpful, and the property itself is well maintained.
The room upon first inspection was surprisingly nice and modern looking. Unfortunately the longer I stayed the more small problems I noticed hiding just below the surface. First the water in the kitchen would loose all pressure and start making awful noises if I tried to turn it to cold. Second, the WiFi is painfully slow. Third, the bathroom was poorly designed, the sink and the toilet were in different rooms and the door to the toilet blocked the sink when it was open. Fourth, and perhaps weirdest of all, I'm pretty sure there were owls living in the attic on my wing. I couldn't hear them in my room because I was on the second floor, but whenever I was outside I could hear something scurrying about up there hooting.
Over all though, it wasn't too bad, lots of minor annoyances combined to knock it down a point in my mind.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Katie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Jeremy K, thank you so much for your review of the Residence Inn Stockton! I was certainly surprised to hear about the noise disturbance and am happy to report that no owls have been found in the attic. Since your stay with us in August, we have also upgraded our internet bandwidth substantially, I am sorry to hear that it was below par during your visit. I also hope that you reported the water pressure concern so we could take a look into that further. While the bathroom design was configured so multiple people could get ready for the day without steaming up the mirrors, I can understand how the door may get in the way slightly. We will also be undergoing a renovation to update our rooms later this year. We hope that when your travels bring you back through Stockton, you will remember the wonderful service you recieved!
Blacklick, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have stayed at the Residence Inn three times, with a stay lasting from a week to 2 weeks. The last time I stayed I moved my hotel to Tracy because that is where I was working from. There was some construction going on that was making the drive too long. So I moved to Tracy - big mistake. I should have stayed at the Residence Inn. As one reviewer put it - solid across the board. The rooms are larger than a hotel, which I like. I need some space to move around since I am there for a while. Kitchenette is great. The rooms also have a dishwasher. Beds are very comfortable. Internet speeds are so - so. Staff is very friendly. Breakfast is way better than continental. And they also serve free dinner Monday - Thursday, which is really nice. The area is quiet, but there's not a lot of shopping nearby. Although I didn't utilize it, they do have a nice workout room.

The next time I am in the area I will be making a bee-line for the Residence Inn in Stockton. You should too!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Katie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
What amazing feedback about our hotel and staff, thank you so much for taking the time to review us C000159! I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location and spacious accomodations, as well as our great staff. We absolutely look forward to your next "bee-line" into our hotel, we will welcome you with open arms and smiles!
Los Gatos, CA - Northern California - Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I booked this hotel because it was in a quiet location and a nice part of Stockton. It was near the University of the Pacific at Stockton for the Pacific Music Camp. This was a nice Residence Inn and everyone is nice. The staff is very attentive.

The one bedroom suite that we booked was rather large. I was kind of shocked.

There was a full kitchen. However, no oven. I believe that it is in a two-bedroom suite.

The sink area where you can wash your hands were rather large.

The door opens towards the mirror/closet doors. So, be careful on how to open it. Lots of storage space.

I took away the extra dot which would have given them an "EXCELLENT" standing.

However, I was very disappointed with how the management handled a complaint that I had with a man who decided to go swimming in his "tightie whities" underwear when there were women and children present in the pool. They took over 30 minutes to figure out who was going out there to handle the situation. I should have called the police.

Overall, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Afgam, we appreciate your review of the Residence Inn. We always look forward to hearing ways to improve as well as sharing the positive statements with our staff. I will be reviewing your experience at the pool with my counterparts so that they are better equipped to handle situations and ensure that they are addressed in a timely manner. I am also glad that our accommodations and location were perfect for you trip to the University of the Pacific. We hope that the next time you are in Stockton, CA that you will visit us again!

Been to Residence Inn Stockton? Share your experiences!