“Good location, convenient to University of the Pacific at Stockton” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Stockton

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Stockton
Los Gatos, CA - Northern California - Bay Area
“Good location, convenient to University of the Pacific at Stockton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I booked this hotel because it was in a quiet location and a nice part of Stockton. It was near the University of the Pacific at Stockton for the Pacific Music Camp. This was a nice Residence Inn and everyone is nice. The staff is very attentive.

The one bedroom suite that we booked was rather large. I was kind of shocked.

There was a full kitchen. However, no oven. I believe that it is in a two-bedroom suite.

The sink area where you can wash your hands were rather large.

The door opens towards the mirror/closet doors. So, be careful on how to open it. Lots of storage space.

I took away the extra dot which would have given them an "EXCELLENT" standing.

However, I was very disappointed with how the management handled a complaint that I had with a man who decided to go swimming in his "tightie whities" underwear when there were women and children present in the pool. They took over 30 minutes to figure out who was going out there to handle the situation. I should have called the police.

Overall, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Katie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Afgam, we appreciate your review of the Residence Inn. We always look forward to hearing ways to improve as well as sharing the positive statements with our staff. I will be reviewing your experience at the pool with my counterparts so that they are better equipped to handle situations and ensure that they are addressed in a timely manner. I am also glad that our accommodations and location were perfect for you trip to the University of the Pacific. We hope that the next time you are in Stockton, CA that you will visit us again!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Located in quiet area but just three to five minutes from casual and fast food options, and the freeway. Friendly or at least efficient staff (most were friendly). Clean rooms. I say "rooms" because we had to switch due to an a/c problem. Studio was in many ways better than one bedroom for us (dad and two boys), open and roomier-feeling. Full hotel but no noise from halls or other rooms. We were on top floor. Breakfast was par for the RI course. Eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. Only one waffle machine, and a temperamental one at that, but the employee (overworked - he was doing everything) cajoled it and made a waffle for my boys. Super nice. Laundry machines were good-sized, and the laundry rooms have good a/c, which means a lot when you are sorting and folding. Pool looked nice. A/c in room two was very effective. Rates were fair. Would stay here again. Rollaway was a real mattress, not a foldable mattress. Nice.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was driving to Seattle from So. Cali and needed to get a good night’s rest after a late start and 7 hours of driving... Not knowing where I would stay on my drive, I pulled off in Stockton CA. My husband was calling around from home for a room for me as I was traveling alone; I was checking the hotels out.in the town and I must say I was not feeling safe in the town and told my husband I was moving on. He wanted me to get off the road and get some rest so he found the Marriott Residence Inn Stockton. It seemed high for the area, but not the hotel—the hotel was very nice. Upon arrival, the receptionist was welcoming a difficult guest in. He was complaining about the cost, complaining about the extra charge for his dog. He was not a happy camper. I was impressed by how she handled the situation [and she was new!!!]. She was quite patient, didn't rush him to be able to get to me and check me in, but let him get out what he needed to. She was very kind to me as well. Even though the only room available was a 2 bedroom suite, she gave the room to me with a discounted rate. The room was comfortable, clean. The only negative was the generator that was outside rumpled loudly during the night and even my ear plugs couldn’t drown the noise out... I solved this issue and moved to the other bedroom...peace and quiet. The breakfast was laid out nice and there was a wonderful variety of meat, breads, eggs, fruits, juices, cereals, and yogurt. I think everyone would be happy. It had a nice workout room as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the generator if possible.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Clinton, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stay here every time we are in town visiting family. The 2 bedroom units are roomy, but the constancy of things working in the rooms is hit or miss. I had asked for a roll away bed when I checked in and they said they would see about getting one and let me know via cell phone. I returned very late at night after a wedding and there was no roll away. I called down to ask about it and was told there was no way to get one brought up at that time. It was not even midnight.
The free breakfast is nice, but can get very crowded and difficult.
The service at the hotel is average at best.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

The Residence Inn on March Lane in Stockton, CA., is very convenient from the freeway and located on a beautiful tree lined street. You feel like you're in a residential area. The grounds were lush and nice. The check-in/out was efficient. The room was very clean and updated. The food in the a.m. was extensive in selection and tasted good. The front staff and breakfast staff were very polite and helpful. This is a good place to stay, very quiet. No road noise.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stockton has some real dives for hotels but this Residence Inn is well worth the money!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

After driving for 10 hours and not wanting to stop in Sacramento, we found this hotel online, called and booked a room. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which is a bit pricey if you are on a budget, but after 10 hours on the road we just wanted space to spread out. Our boys both got their own beds. The free breakfast was a nice start to the morning before hitting the road.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RrosesWA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockton
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Courtyard by Marriott Stockton
BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn
Holiday Inn Express Stockton Southeast
Extended Stay America - Stockton - March Lane

Been to Residence Inn Stockton? Share your experiences!