“Friendly, Clean,” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 27 hotels in Stockton
Phoenix, Arizona
“Friendly, Clean,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was driving to Seattle from So. Cali and needed to get a good night’s rest after a late start and 7 hours of driving... Not knowing where I would stay on my drive, I pulled off in Stockton CA. My husband was calling around from home for a room for me as I was traveling alone; I was checking the hotels out.in the town and I must say I was not feeling safe in the town and told my husband I was moving on. He wanted me to get off the road and get some rest so he found the Marriott Residence Inn Stockton. It seemed high for the area, but not the hotel—the hotel was very nice. Upon arrival, the receptionist was welcoming a difficult guest in. He was complaining about the cost, complaining about the extra charge for his dog. He was not a happy camper. I was impressed by how she handled the situation [and she was new!!!]. She was quite patient, didn't rush him to be able to get to me and check me in, but let him get out what he needed to. She was very kind to me as well. Even though the only room available was a 2 bedroom suite, she gave the room to me with a discounted rate. The room was comfortable, clean. The only negative was the generator that was outside rumpled loudly during the night and even my ear plugs couldn’t drown the noise out... I solved this issue and moved to the other bedroom...peace and quiet. The breakfast was laid out nice and there was a wonderful variety of meat, breads, eggs, fruits, juices, cereals, and yogurt. I think everyone would be happy. It had a nice workout room as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the generator if possible.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Clinton, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stay here every time we are in town visiting family. The 2 bedroom units are roomy, but the constancy of things working in the rooms is hit or miss. I had asked for a roll away bed when I checked in and they said they would see about getting one and let me know via cell phone. I returned very late at night after a wedding and there was no roll away. I called down to ask about it and was told there was no way to get one brought up at that time. It was not even midnight.
The free breakfast is nice, but can get very crowded and difficult.
The service at the hotel is average at best.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

The Residence Inn on March Lane in Stockton, CA., is very convenient from the freeway and located on a beautiful tree lined street. You feel like you're in a residential area. The grounds were lush and nice. The check-in/out was efficient. The room was very clean and updated. The food in the a.m. was extensive in selection and tasted good. The front staff and breakfast staff were very polite and helpful. This is a good place to stay, very quiet. No road noise.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stockton has some real dives for hotels but this Residence Inn is well worth the money!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

After driving for 10 hours and not wanting to stop in Sacramento, we found this hotel online, called and booked a room. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which is a bit pricey if you are on a budget, but after 10 hours on the road we just wanted space to spread out. Our boys both got their own beds. The free breakfast was a nice start to the morning before hitting the road.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

First time my wife and I were staying at a Residence Inn. We had a 1bd suite, which included a full size kitchen, living area with desk, TV, table and convertible sofa, and another TV in the bedroom (queen sized bed). We did not feel at all in a hotel, but more like at a home. Staff was very friendly. Room was spotless. Good complimentary continental breakfast. Wifi connection worked well in the room. The hotel is set back on March avenue in a very quiet area 2 minutes from the freeway exit; only noise came form the residents in the room above us which had a "heavy" step. There is an outdoor pool and jacuzzi, as welll as a basket ball court.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Was in my hometown to see my sister after her surgery, decided to stay at residence inn just to try it. I was impressed that stockton has such a nice facility located in a quiet neighborhood. Was warmly greeted when I checked in, the room I requested was ready on my arrival, They offer free hot breakfast and an afternoon managers reception during the week with plenty to eat and a good variety. The only problem I had was that twice during my stay I was there the fire alarm system went off due to someone burning/cooking food which you could smell throught the entire wing I was in, the staff explained that the fire alarm system was very sensitive due to local fire regulations which I understand, at least you know when there is a emergency/fire.

Room Tip: It is on the same lot behind the Courtyard hotel so you can miss it if not paying attention
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Residence Inn Stockton? Share your experiences!