“Just "OK"” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 27 hotels in Stockton
Clinton, NJ
“Just "OK"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stay here every time we are in town visiting family. The 2 bedroom units are roomy, but the constancy of things working in the rooms is hit or miss. I had asked for a roll away bed when I checked in and they said they would see about getting one and let me know via cell phone. I returned very late at night after a wedding and there was no roll away. I called down to ask about it and was told there was no way to get one brought up at that time. It was not even midnight.
The free breakfast is nice, but can get very crowded and difficult.
The service at the hotel is average at best.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

The Residence Inn on March Lane in Stockton, CA., is very convenient from the freeway and located on a beautiful tree lined street. You feel like you're in a residential area. The grounds were lush and nice. The check-in/out was efficient. The room was very clean and updated. The food in the a.m. was extensive in selection and tasted good. The front staff and breakfast staff were very polite and helpful. This is a good place to stay, very quiet. No road noise.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Maria, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stockton has some real dives for hotels but this Residence Inn is well worth the money!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

After driving for 10 hours and not wanting to stop in Sacramento, we found this hotel online, called and booked a room. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which is a bit pricey if you are on a budget, but after 10 hours on the road we just wanted space to spread out. Our boys both got their own beds. The free breakfast was a nice start to the morning before hitting the road.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

First time my wife and I were staying at a Residence Inn. We had a 1bd suite, which included a full size kitchen, living area with desk, TV, table and convertible sofa, and another TV in the bedroom (queen sized bed). We did not feel at all in a hotel, but more like at a home. Staff was very friendly. Room was spotless. Good complimentary continental breakfast. Wifi connection worked well in the room. The hotel is set back on March avenue in a very quiet area 2 minutes from the freeway exit; only noise came form the residents in the room above us which had a "heavy" step. There is an outdoor pool and jacuzzi, as welll as a basket ball court.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Was in my hometown to see my sister after her surgery, decided to stay at residence inn just to try it. I was impressed that stockton has such a nice facility located in a quiet neighborhood. Was warmly greeted when I checked in, the room I requested was ready on my arrival, They offer free hot breakfast and an afternoon managers reception during the week with plenty to eat and a good variety. The only problem I had was that twice during my stay I was there the fire alarm system went off due to someone burning/cooking food which you could smell throught the entire wing I was in, the staff explained that the fire alarm system was very sensitive due to local fire regulations which I understand, at least you know when there is a emergency/fire.

Room Tip: It is on the same lot behind the Courtyard hotel so you can miss it if not paying attention
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Eastern Sierra, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

This hotel was friendly, convenient and spacious. Our older son attended music camp at the University of the Pacific and we stayed here before the final concert. The layout of the suite was great and our younger son was impressed that he had his own room. You will have to drive to get to food, shopping, or culture but the hotel served its purpose.

My father's family was originally from Stockton and I don't care for the town but I felt very welcome here - hence the title of this review. We didn't use the pool or gym and breakfast was crowded but adequate. We stayed at the nearby Hilton twice last summer and I've stayed near the Arena/Weber Point several times but this will be our new Stockton landing pad. Kudos to the front desk staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Stockton? Share your experiences!