“Horrible place to stay” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
Milwaukie
“Horrible place to stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had the misfortune to stay here one night on my way to AZ to see my ill father. The lobby was nice and that's where it ended. The admitting clerk had little knowledge of the area. I was given a room by the pool which was fine. But the bed had a old wrinkled bedspread, one thin, too small blanket that I am sure was from a thrift store. The exposed box springs were wrapped in plastic that was ripped in several places. The sheets were wrinkled. I called for another blanket and the assistant manager brought one the same as the one on the bed. I complained and was given another room which was only marginally better. In the second room, there were grease (?) stains on the bottom of the bathtub! The assistant manager was not very successful at hiding her exasperation at having to deal with my complaints. Customer service is quite obviously not a priority for this Quality Inn site. I am pretty sure the profit margin is their focus not the comfort of the guest. I would never stay there again under any circumstances and would advise anyone else to look elsewhere for even the most basic lodgings.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have stayed at this location before and during our last visit noticed remodeling was being done. The remodel work is very nice rooms are very fresh and inviting. This location has always had great breakfast and we were once again pleased with the quality and variety of food. I was very ill on my way to California and Renie was very helpful getting me in a downstairs room so I didn't have to trek up stairs. I cannot say enough good things about Renie she really was the icing on the cake! Great staff makes such a difference.

Room Tip: You don't have to use the entrance by In N Out you can pass that entrance make a right at the li...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Palmdale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Well I figure I try this hotel since I stay in a lot of hotel every week......
Well I check in at 7 pm Didn't real feel COMFORTABLE with the check in clerk....... She gave me my room key and went to the room.......Boy was the room small.......Well I'm already here make the best out of it....... So
I figure I turn on the TV.... couldn't find the remote so I called the front desk......told her the remote was missing.....She said she look for one and call me back......a few minutes later she called back and said she has one but i had to go to the front desk and get it..... i said ok..... well went to sleep and woke up early morning about 5 am...... i figure ill go get coffee in the lobby..... well it was lock so i rang the door bell..... waited for about 5 min no one came..... i gave up and started to get ready to checkout..... about 6 am i saw the night clerk at the outside check out window........ i ask her what time breakfast is she 7 am...... i said why so late...... she said sorry..... i am not too happy with this last stay............. I guess being a diamond member for choice hotel doesn't matter for this hotel...... oh well once in a while you will experience a bad stay.........

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Riverside, Ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel before and frankly things were getting a little worn out; particularly the carpeting. Recently they have replaced the carpet and padding, the bedding (new mattress and pillows) and painted the rooms. They did a really nice job and the over all difference is like night and day. Kind of has a new car smell.

Room Tip: Eas facing rooms "wake up" sooner as the sun comes up in the east. Rooms around pool have...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Klamath Falls, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We had not planned on staying in Stockton, and we could not find the hotel we had been looking for, so we dropped in to this Quality Inn.

The front desk person was very helpful and friendly. The room had too much/too big of furniture for the space. The carpets looked a bit gross, but the morning we were checking out, there was a carpet cleaning service attending to the rooms. The wifi is free, but painfully slow.

The pool was 'closed for the season' despite it being 90 degrees outside. Not sure why they would not open the pool when the forecast showed summer temperatures on the horizon. The hotel surrounds the pool, so this pool courtyard area could be a real asset to the property. But it is uninteresting, littered with trash and is more of an eyesore than a focal point. Maybe they rectify this when the pool is open, but considering many rooms face this courtyard, I would think they would give it more attention.

And my pet peeve of hotels, the shower head is at about 5' up from the shower floor, had to duck for much of the shower.

The hotel is located within walking distance of several places to eat, including In-n-Out Burger, and a convenience store. Oversized parking is available and the property is dog friendly. The breakfast buffet had a small selection, but it was clean and well stocked.

For the money, this property is ok, but with some attention, it could be a great place to stay.

Room Tip: No elevator, and this hotel is near a highway, so bear this in mind when asking for a room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is your pretty average, but the price is good. We stayed at a Quality Inn in Vacaville the previous day, and the Stockton one was a very big downgrade. The room was pretty clean, although there were some stains on the floor. One other thing, the shower head was too low!

• Stayed March 2012
Stockton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

staff was great food was great and I really loved the cleaning!!!!!!!!! I had a ball they took pictures of me when I needed them to and it was great.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!