“Arrive Hungry....” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
California
“Arrive Hungry....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family enjoys the buffet lunch. Food is always fresh, tasty, and plentiful. The waterfront view is very relaxing, the grandkids like watching the boats pass by.

Visited January 2013

Arnold California
“Real Deal! Mexican Food at its finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Nena's has it all! Great food and wonderful scenery. The staff is very good and the owner walks through the restaurant to make sure her guest are happy. You do not see that very often.
I suggest you try Nena's at the waterfront warehouse.
Laurie Andrade
Arnold Ca

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stockton, California
“Great flavors one of the best in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Since relocating near the waterfront from their previous location the biggest change i've noticed is........nothing. That's a good thing as the food is excellent. I recommend lunch on the patio when the weather is pleasant . nice views of the waterfront and the baseball arena.

Visited February 2013
Stockton, California
“Not my cup of tea.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I truly can't remember anything about the food except that it was not my favorite place to get Mexican food. I didn't like the inside of the restaurant at all but they have moved since then.

Sacramento, California
“Nena's Mexican Restaurant Staff need to take some customer service classes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was in Stockton, CA on Sunday so I decided to check out Nena's Mexican Restaurant. I have read the reviews (both positive & negative) but decided I see for myself. First of all, we were not seated by staff...we had to walk around until we found a place to sit. We were given chips & salsa to munch on and the salsa was pretty tasty. It seems like it took forever for the waitress to take our order. So we get our food and I couldn't believe the plate sized homemade tortillas!!! They were wonderful but I would have preferred regular sized tortillas because they're easier to deal with. I ordered the Camarones a la Diabla. The presentation was great but I was not impressed with my meal. The refried beans were tasty but they lacked texture...meaning they were runny and I actually needed a spoon to eat them. The Camarones a la Diabla weren't even spicy...and they had a sweet taste to them. Very disappointing!!! We also had some guacamole and it did not taste authentic. It might have been store bought and they added some onion & tomatoes. To top it off, our waitress saw that we were finished eating but took her time bringing the bill. I might give this place another try but the owners need to school their staff on customer service, :(

• Visited October 2012