“Good Seafood” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Valley, California
“Good Seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

For the most part they have typical Mexican food, but the shrimp plates are usually very yummy. I would eat there more often if they had more healthy choices with less grease, sauce and heavy cheese.

Visited February 2012

80% Recommend
Central Coast, CA
“A great find while travelling Interstate 5 in Stockton...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I "triangulated" Suzy's (it is spelled Susy's) with other travel/food sites and this one jumped out at us. We were headed home from Incline Village (Tahoe) and the sound of more traditional mexican fare with homemade tortillas and whole beans caught our attention. The table tried a variety of options. The servings are HUGE, and the combination meals include a trip to a salad bar. I had a beef enchilada and chile relleno, delicious taste without the typical americano "cheese overkill." All really enjoyed the experience, an older established location with great service.

• Visited April 2012
Northern California
“Haven't found my favorite thing yet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I went with my brother for lunch and we ordered carne asada. It was more like beef jerkey. However, I am sure there are other things I would like just gotta keep trying. Chips and salsa were good.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Stockton, California
“Rarely authentic excellent Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Most Mexican restaurants are "Americanized," most bordering on fast food. This is one of the few exceptions in Stockton. I learned of it from old timers (pre-1998 in my case) and on my second visit, which prompted me to write this, I had their "albondigas" (meatballs) in a ranchero sauce which were to die for. Unfortunately, it is the Special only(?) on Tuesdays. My bechmark for Mexican authenticity is whole beans and corn tortillas. "Refried" is usually canned and barely tolerable. Although I have my two or three favorite Mexican dishes their menu is extensive, and they have a different special each day. A Slad bar included with all beans is also a different and welcome touch for many.
For stars.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fun place for Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012 via mobile

Homey atmosphere, standard menu, with fun breakfast additions. I've had fish tacos and carnitas fajitas from here. The pork was particularly good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere