“Change isn't always good - Stockton Joe's” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Linden
“Change isn't always good - Stockton Joe's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had dinner at Stockton Joe's tonight. I tried to order a favorite of many years, sauteed oysters, only to be told the restaurant was under new management, and they had been eliminated from the menu - too bad - they were wonderful. I chose the sole dore - mediocre at best. It came with a baked potatoe. I asked for it with everything. Not so fast - their everything is butter and sour cream. Hello new management - everything means butter, sour cream. chives, bacon bits and cheese. The order also included steamed vegetables - five small pieces to be exact. My husband's veal parmesan was bad. It lacked flavor, and the meat was chewy instead of a crisp coating. Change is not always good, and we have had our last dinner under the new management.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Stockton, California
“Great Chicken Wings, but that's about it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We recently had dinner at the new location. The chicken wing appetizer was very good, however when we asked about the recipe, the waitress said " I don't know, they're frozen in a big box". Well that pretty much sums up the experience. Other than the pre made boxed chicken, which we liked, the main courses are tasteless and un-imaginative. Come on guys, we have money to spend in Stockton, give us somewhere good to hang out and enjoy a great meal which isn't sushi.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas, United States
“The Best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Excellent food, excellent service, the Bar is well stocked and the bartenders are all attentive to your wants. There is a outside patio that you can eat and people watch as well. This is a very popular place. Classy restaurant...

Visited June 2013
CA
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My friend and I had not tried Stockton Joe's in their new location on the Brickwalk in Lincoln Center, so we decided to give it a try and were sadly disappointed. We visited for lunch. While service was good and the waitress was friendly, the surroundings were so-so. I had a charbroiled burger that was not quite cooked all the way through and worst of all I found a hair in my salad!!! Needless to say, I will not be returning!

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Stockton, California
“Solid dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is the kind of place my parents loved. Steaks, amazing handmade burgers, and a full bar.
I've had many fine meals here. Joe's won't disappoint.