“Really Good!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 456 restaurants in Stockton
stockton, california
“Really Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Visited this restaurant with a girlfriend. We had a ricotta appetizer that was yummy. I had Shrimp and grits. Very good. Nice atmosphere and great service. Definitely would recommend.

77% Recommend
Stockton, California
“A good choice for Stockton, well . . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great menu, delicious dishes, friendly and efficient waitpersons, light and airy, bread pudding to kill for. I hope they will begin to offer service on the roof with a great view of the port and the beautiful San Joaquin delta to the west. Highly recommended. But not if you have a party of eight. The only downer of this fine restaurant is the ridiculous add-on tip for parties of eight. Someone at French 25 should read the definition of "tip", which is a reward for exemplary service, a judgement that cannot be made by the patron if the tip is an add-on. Besides, there is less effort required to service a party of eight than for four parties of two. Too bad, French 25. Absent the compulsory "tip", I would have awarded five stars. I like this restaurant and will return, but not with a group.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stockton, California
“Good food - New Orleans style on the West Coast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Really good food! Highly recommend the raw oysters. Excellent! The seafood is fresh and the sauces are flavorful. An excellent place for lunch or dinner

• Visited April 2013
Calabasas, CA
“A gem in downtown Stockton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I came here today with local clients and thought it was excellent. One of the guys had been there several times and suggested a number of entrees, but he and I ended up with the halibut special with risotto. It was delicious. I also noticed that the cherry tomatoes actually had taste. Great attention to detail on an ingredient that is often an afterthought. The food at nearby tables looked great too and there was a frozen pie-like dessert that I would get if ever there in the evening.
Our waiter was very nice and attentive and the room itself was attractive and all new. Cost wasn't bad either.
I've travelled to Stockton several times and this is hands-down the best meal I've had there.
We walked a few blocks to get there, but I'm sure there is nearby parking.
One word of caution, downtown Stockton does feel a bit seedy. I would recommend parking close by, particularly in the evening. I would also suggest that women be accompanied in the evening.
Visit them and have a good time.

lathrop ca
“Great establishment downtown Stockton CA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Awesome new restaurant in downtown Stockton. After reading good reviews on this establishment my inner child was eager to go there and try it out. I love checking out new places and seeing what they have to offer. This place stepped up. I ordered the chicken sandwich as did my daughter. We shared the fries and salad ordered with the delicious meal. What a delight to bite into the plump chicken sandwich to find it so moist and flavorful -it was excellent. To top our meal off we indulged in dessert , beignet covered in powdered sugar with dipping sauce. Everything was freshly prepared and fabulous.
The upstairs area had breath taking views and offers events. Be sure to check out their face book for times and dates. Its awesome.
Two thumbs up for this great little establishment .Bon Appetit