“All american restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Stockton, California
“All american restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Chuck's is an old style local American restaurant. It is a throwback to any city or town's popular local restaurant. Many people choose to sit at the counter and the grill is at the end of the counter. It has sufficient seating at the small tables and at the long counter. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The food is very good and the prices are very fair. You can get a lot of food for your money and it is very tasty. It's location on a main street in an older small strip mall does allow for easy parking. I recommend this restaurant to everyone. It is come as you are dining.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mountain View, California
“Best hole-in-the-wall breakfast in Stockton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Huge portions and the food is good! I go here at least 3 times a month and the food is consistant. They know us and are very friendly. Mom and Pop place well worh the visit. The prices are very reasonable. I get the 1/2 order and still can't eat it all. I love the way they treat us as if they've known us for years. There lots of "regulars" that come here and I got some good advice from another diner on where to have a reasonably priced sit down dinner.

Love the homey feel and I will keep going to Chuck's as long as I keep going to Stockton as often as I do. I take all my friends here so they can experience real diner type food and service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Escalon, California
“Yummy Omelets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love this place!! The people are very casual and the place could use a bit of an update but the food is great! I love their coffee mugs I get a different one every time. They range from local places to weird logos. I get the cheese omelet and hash browns and I get a half order. They have very generous serving sizes so don't offer a lot of food. You won't be able to finish it all!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Just a nice homey place to eat.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I eat there often and usually order half orders because there's sooooo much to eat. It's not the kind of place you go for ambiance so bring your own company. The food is pretty darn good!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Feels and is dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I realize this place has been in Stockton for years but please please do not use the freezer to put ice in my cup and store frozen foods in there. For real. I was disgusted. I will never go back. Also, not sure how you guys see that breakfast is good. Portions are huge yes but the hash browns are raw for the most part and the omelette wasn't even an omelette. It was ingredients on plate with a thin sheet of eggs over it. Way overrated chucks.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere