“Better area than most” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 27 hotels in Stockton
lethab2000
“Better area than most”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I'm a travel nurse and stay in suite style hotels on a regular basis, this place is very no frills. I work with several other nurses staying here and the ones with pets say the rooms are ok. One of the nurses without a pet was put on an upper floor and found a crack pipe in her room.Some of the people staying here seem a little shady, when I asked they said some people had been here 2 years, there are families living here. If there was a Candlwood Suites here I'd move out in a heartbeat.My room is clean and everything works. A security guard roams the parking lot at night. The staff is all very friendly.

Room Tip: First floor is away from longtimers
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Stockton - March Lane, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know about your co-worker’s issue, we are sorry for this issue but we did resolve it right away and she is now a very satisfied guest.

We are happy to read that we provided you with a clean and fully functional room which is our standard. Our customer service is parallel to any four star hotel and we are also one of the only hotel chains that provide our Guests with a fully equipped kitchen along with a complimentary grab and go breakfast each morning. Our goal has always been to provide the best value in lodging.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you and your co-workers back in the future at any of our locations nationwide.

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
West Coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I booked a one-night stay at Extended Stay America because of all the great reviews on Trip Advisor. Check-in was quick and easy. The room was a nice size, it smelled a bit musty, but it looked clean. My husband and I did not complain. We became aware of the problem the next morning when we left the hotel. We noticed our truck was sounding differently, so we pulled into a parking lot, looked under the truck, and saw that the catalytic converter was missing. We drove back to the motel. There in the spot where the truck had been parked were 5 nuts that had been unscrewed from the missing catalytic converter along with a crumb-filled cupcake paper. Our catalytic converter had been stolen from our truck as it was parked in the parking lot right in front of the motel! The front desk staff member was sympathetic and indicated she would make a report to corporate, but that she could give us no evidence of such. She gave us information for filing an online report with the Stockton PD, which we did immediately while sitting in the lobby. She indicated that there is security in the parking lot at night, and that she would ask if they had seen anything. Apparently the motel has no video surveillance of the lot. The motel is fine for budget traveling and commensurate with the price. The lot leaves much to be desired. If you have anything that you can not secure on your car, consider staying somewhere else. Although we saved on the one-night motel stay, the trip is unfortunately costing us considerably in many ways.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Stockton - March Lane, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about the room meeting up to your standards; however, we apologize for the incident at our hotel. I assure you that we want our guests and staff members to feel safe at the hotel and will be taking additional measures to ensure the safety and security of our property. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sml@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Burlingame, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The Extended Stay America in Stockton on March Lane is a great place to stay. The front desk staff is very friendly. You do not to have to ask them for anything first. They are very efficient with asking you if you need anything for your room. The rooms are very clean. The kitchen has a purifier hooked up to the faucet for filtered water. The staff will check on you when you enter the room to make sure you are completely satisfied. The Extended Stay is a place you would revisit for future getaways.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Stockton - March Lane, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Anna - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room. It is also very rewarding to hear that our staff provided you with friendly and efficient service during your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I would make this my first choice while staying in the valley. Staff is dedicated, caring, and meticulous in the details and needs of their patrons. Rooms are outstanding and the location is excellent!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. The staff and I are dedicated to making all of our guests, like yourself, feel welcome at our hotel. I am very glad to read we were able to do that for you and provide you with a great room as well as convenient location.

Bixby, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

If your looking for a place to stay with the amenities of home at a great price then ESA is the place to stay!!! The staff provides excellent service at all hours!!!!! Several restaurants are within walking distance or just down the street. More variety at breakfast and a fitness center would make an extended stay better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Stockton - March Lane, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for posting such an awesome review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the nearby restaurants. As well, I am so glad that our staff did such a great job of attending to all of your needs at all times. It has been our pleasure to provide you with top-notch customer service.

stockon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

good positive attitude a group of good people at the front desk, and great house keeping, kitchen was a plus. room service once a week very combinient since i do not need it every day it makes me feel at home. the front desk are friendly and always willing to help. They could use a pool and fitness center

Room Tip: corner rooms 2 window!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Robert - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff, housekeeping and the kitchenette provided in all of our guest rooms. Please accept our apologies for not being able to offer a pool or gym during your stay. Still, I am thrilled that we were able to provide you with a "home away from home" experience during your stay with us.

Hollister, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The room was nice size, the carpet had some wet spots when I took off my shoes, but I am not a big complainer so I did not say anything. The one thing I missed was having the supplies in the room of shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer as sometimes I change my mind in the morning and wash my hair. They were offered to me the night before. Hard to find as it is kind of hidden back behind other buildings, drove around it twice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Stockton - March Lane, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hi Kristi,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the carpet had wet spots during your stay. The carpet was treated and should have been dry by check in. I also apologize for the inconvenience of not having supplies in your room. You mentioned they were offered the night before and we would have been happy to deliver them to your room that morning. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at SML@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Stockton - March Lane? Share your experiences!