“Sand dabs, wine, coffee and desserts” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Francisco, California
“Sand dabs, wine, coffee and desserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Best seafood restaurant in the area. Good wine list and menu is full of excellent choices. It's in Lincoln Center with very good parking in front of the bar and entrance.

Visited December 2012

72% Recommend
Riverbank, California
“The worst owners and management I have ever dealt with”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I cannot express how horribly I was treated at this establishment and how unskilled and unprofessional the owners are. I do lots of reviews and seldom do I need to complain.

December 21, 2012 I took two people to lunch and the place I intended to go was not open at 11 but this facility was. We went here and it was a disaster from the beginning. The service was terrible, but I was a waitress for a long time. I chalked it up to the waitress having a bad day. I did not consider that she was working for such awful employers. I received the bill and gave my credit card. The total was in the mid-forties for the bill. When she came back, the amount charged was approximately $29. I caught the error and did NOT sign that receipt. I had her go back and fix it. I signed the correct one. Even though my food was incorrect and was bad enough to request it to be remade, I did not complain or get upset. In fact I still tipped well, over 15%.

December 22, 2012 I see that the charge for $29 is pending as is the charge for $52 reflecting the tip plus the bill amount. I called the restaurant and the waitress who served me apologized. She told me this happens all the time and that the incorrect amount would drop off. She requested I give it a few days. On December 24th, the charge is no longer pending and has been removed from my checking account. This is not a credit card that I pay in thirty days, this is my atm card and the money is removed. I call back and am told that Matt is in charge of handling the receipts. I am advised it will be reversed and the money returned. I wait several days and call again when I see the charge still in there. I leave countless messages for Matt.

Moving forward into January. January 8, with all the holidays done, the money still has not been returned to my account and now there have been many phone calls. They are blowing me off and hoping I go away. I am still not rude or even upset. That is until I call and Matt actually comes to the phone. He puts me on hold. Sixteen minutes later I am still on hold. I hang up and call back. He answers and apologizes. He requests that I send my statement to him via fax the next day after he replaces his fax machine. He says he cannot see the charge receipts past seven days. I know this is untrue, and he should have saved them from my first call, but regardless, I just want my money returned. Now my husband is pissed and calls him. Matt winds up cussing him out and hanging up on him rather than handling the situation like a man. My husband then called him seven more times which he would not take the phone and had his teenage employees try to handle the situation.

I never gave the guy a bad time, I never raised my voice, I never used bad language. I persisted in trying to get the error they made at my expense fixed. When I tried to fax him, the fax failed. I personally drove an hour to the restaurant and presented my statement to him. Because it posted on the 24th, rather than the 21st he insinuated that I was lying and made me repeat the story of what happened. He tried to refuse to give me the money back and told me that he didn't care if he had my business. He finally gave me the $29 but not the change. I asked for the change. He asked me not to come back that he does not want my business. I started to leave and turned around and asked for the waitress and why she wasn't standing up and admitting what happened. I asked him how he could turn this into something I had done wrong rather than take responsibility. I did not ask for the $52 dollars back, I did not want anything free, I wanted the money taken from my checking account in error returned. I did not want to wait 19 days until January 10 to receive my money. He told me to leave, he did not want my kind there, and that if I did not he would call the police.

They owe me an apology for how they talked to me in their establishment with customers there. They also need to be forthcoming about who was responsible for this situation. They also need to explain what bad behavior I engaged in that caused them to belittle me and treat me so poorly. I am shocked and horrified.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Stockton, CA
“Good service and food even in the Christmas rush”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

A friend and I were planning to eat around the corner, but with diet restrictions on this day it wouldn't work so we ended up at Bud's. Even though the restaurant was pretty full with Christmas parties and luncheons we were promptly seated and had the full attention of Valerie, our server. We placed our order of Fish and Chips and Mahi Mahi and they were both excellent. One of us is lactoce intolorent and the other no wheat, so this was a good choice. Valerie could see that I needed a box and she promptly took my plate and returned with my leftovers "to go." Bud's has been around for a long time with a good reputation, so when I see a review that is not complementary I question it.Then again anyone can have an off day. Give it another try. It was good, fair in price and the service was exemplary.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Honolulu
“Highly rated disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Ate there because it was highly rated by Trip Advisor, but it was just ok. Service was very attentive and efficient.

Visited November 2012
Stockton, California
“Good prices for the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Above average seafood for the area, some dishes are very good, Bud's beef is very tasty. Service is inconsistent but may be better now.