“Would go back.” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 418 Restaurants in Stockton
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fantastic authentic Italian and Mediterranean cuisine featuring fresh pasta and seafood dishes and a stunning wine bar
Carlsbad, California
“Would go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Went there while in town on business as it was close to my hotel. Started with the bread and olive oil they give everyone - it was surprisingly good. Had the calamari, which had other things mixed in (onions, lemons, etc), giving it a very fun/unique feel. Calamari was a bit rubbery but I would order it again. Also had the pappardelle, which was great. Service was friendly but when it got crowded, the attention level dropped significantly (I had to wait long enough for attention that I gave up on having dessert). Overall I would definitely go back.

ronthego1, Public Relations Manager at Mezzo, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your review - we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Littleton
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Was in Stockton on business & was referred to Mezzo by hotel front desk. The food was very good & reasonably priced ($$-$$$), the restaurant was small and nicely lit. Worth going back to.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, CA
“Half a bowl of cold soup”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the well-advertised clam chowder and it was barely half a bowl and cold. When I asked for it to be reheated, I received it back hot, minus the croutons that it originally came with and still barely a half a bowl! The server did not comment on either of this and it was only after I flagged down another server that I received an apology and an explanation that it was the last of the night's batch. This other server made sure we weren't charged for it, but it was odd that the first server said nothing about it until he gave us our bill...

Visited November 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were lucky enough to stay near this restaurant so we could enjoy full food and drink. The food was delicious. All four of us enjoyed the calamari. It was fried but only lightly breaded and not greasy. I had the beet salad. The salad has a combination of beets of all colors, which I love and the beets were plentiful. The salmon (not overcooked) was delicious and nicely portioned as well. My colleague had the Halibut special which he really enjoyed. Unfortunately, I enjoyed my meal so much that I don't remember what the other two ordered but they really enjoyed their food as well. The wine list covers a variety of wines and at reasonable prices. I was surprised at the competitive wine rates for the Barolo's and the Valpolicella Amarone's as well. Our server knew how to serve! Image that! She brought different wine glasses when we switched wines, she offered advice but was not intrusive, I would love to mention her but I don't remember her name. Either way, the service was a joy as well. The value of the menu seemed very fair but I was not paying the bill so I can't comment on that piece.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sunnyvale, California, United States
“New Chef in the house”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I had really looked forward to this dinner...being Italian and a cook...I have trouble eating Italian out..saw all the great reveiws..When we got there we found out that the original Chef was no longer there and there was a brand new Chef.bummer. We figured to still give it a try.
One of my complaints starts out with there is no hostess, who ever is free will seat you..their wait staff I am sure is told just to take our order..then split..as from there on the bus boy takes over, not just water, but serves the tables their meals..Our waiter was spead to thin, he had our table of 9, a table of 8, and then many tables outside..like I said we saw him at the beginning and at the end.
I had the 1/2 order of risotto and side of brussel sprouts with pancetta, unfortunately it was cold by the time I got it, I tried my sisters butternut squash gnocci, not impressed...the main ingredient missing in all the dishes...SALT..obvious somebody is not tasting their food before it goes out. The wine choice that our server suggested was superb!!! I did like that even though there was 9 of us, there was not an automatic 18% added for tip, nice.
I have decided to try again, due to the new Chef in place, but in a few months after things hopefully settle down.

• Visited October 2013