“Now THAT'S Italian!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 456 restaurants in Stockton
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fantastic authentic Italian cuisine featuring fresh pasta and seafood dishes and a stunning wine bar
Stockton, California
“Now THAT'S Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Mezzo serves the freshest foods, and their focaccia bread is THE BEST!

The salads are always crisp and fresh, their pasta dishes are fabulous, and the service is outstanding! They offer patio seating, but I like to eat indoors to watch the magic of the chef. Their portion size is quite large, but I'm not complaining!

Their tirimisou is fantastic, especially when coupled with a fresh, double espresso!

The restaurant is in a very nice area, but parking can get a bit tricky. There IS plenty of parking available, but the spots right in front of the restaurant can be hard to find.

You'll want to come back again and again!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Great restaurant in a small setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Fantastic food and wine tucked away in a nice neighborhood. Our server was very nice and helpful. The menu had a lot of good choices on it, but I went with the risotto which was excellent. We had a red blend for the wine which was very good and not too pricey. The restaurant had a nice ambiance and was comfortable and not too loud for a conversation. We had a wonderful time here and would definitely return if in the area. One of the best restaurants we found in Stockton.

Visited July 2013
Stockton, CA
“Dinning experience in Stockton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I have eaten here before and had good food but last night was a dinning experience that was excellent. We were with friends that had never been before and everyone just kept remarking how great the food was during the entire meal. We started with Pizzetta, corto olive oil, basil, house made mozzarella, parmesan which everyone loved. Then Spicy Calabrian Sausage, roasted with peperonata and garlic. Another hit with everyone but too hot for me and Eggs In Hell spicy sausage ragu, red onion, calabrian chili, mozzarella, farm eggs, broiled. This was also fantastic, spicy but not too hot. Two had the Linguine with assorted seafood, fennel, onion, garlic, chili in a spicy tomato broth. Our one friend had the orecchiette pasta in a wonderful Bolognese sauce. I had one of the specials which was halibut piccatta style served over spaghetti. We spent 3 hours dining and enjoying every morsel on our plates. They have a very respectable wine selection by the glass. Another advantage is the pasta dishes are offered in full or half plates. Of course after dinner we all shared a mixed berry crisp that was delectable and it took all 4 of us to eat it. I can't say enough about the food or the experience last night. It was just one of those memorable meals we'll never forget in our hometown of Stockton.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
STOCKTON
“Family Friday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We really had a nice family style tapas meal here. My only issue was alot of the items were fried, but the flavors were great and service was attentive.

Visited December 2011
Reno, Nevada
“Fun for foodies in Stockton!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

It's tough to find a good restaurant in Stockton. We have gone here four or five times and the food is always tasty. Last time my husband and our friend had the scallops, my husband loved them. I had a owl of the potato soup and a wedge salad, both very tasty. My friend ordered the pork cops, a little overdone.
They have some creative cocktails and an ok wine list. Give it a try! The only issue we have is it is small and you are very close to others. Not a place for a private romantic dinner.

• Visited August 2012