“Fun for foodies in Stockton!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Update restaurant details
Ranked #18 of 452 restaurants in Stockton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fantastic authentic Italian cuisine featuring fresh pasta and seafood dishes and a stunning wine bar
Reno, Nevada
“Fun for foodies in Stockton!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

It's tough to find a good restaurant in Stockton. We have gone here four or five times and the food is always tasty. Last time my husband and our friend had the scallops, my husband loved them. I had a owl of the potato soup and a wedge salad, both very tasty. My friend ordered the pork cops, a little overdone.
They have some creative cocktails and an ok wine list. Give it a try! The only issue we have is it is small and you are very close to others. Not a place for a private romantic dinner.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Northern California
“More than a local neighborhood eatery.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

It has been years since I tried Mezzo restaurant located in the very area I live in. I was pleased to see that they had changed the interior and added a bar. The overall look inside was very classy like what I would expect in San Francisco. What didn't care for was the distracting view of the kitchen from the main dining area. Seems to me a swing open door could hide the culinary operation better.

Food wise the menu, while not extensive, offered enough of a selection for a neighborhood restaurant. It was priced fairly competitively for Stockton without causing me to frown.

I had a nice fish dinner, my wife a veal dish and my son a perfectly cooked New York with very tasty fries accented with truffles he said. I enjoyed my fish over rice but I should have ordered a salad or a side of veggies because I was still a bit hungry after I finished. The presentation for each dish was very good we all thought.

Service was okay. The young servers went through the motions but they were lacking that polish that more seasoned servers that I would encounter at the well respected Le Bistro Restaurant for example.

I really liked my dessert of mango sorbet. It was a generous scoop with intense flavor in every bite.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stockton, California
“Enjoy the Beauty & Dining of Mezzo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Love the ambiance and the delicious FRESH food of Mezzo's!! Service is always good and once you enter the door, the staff caterers to you to make your entire experience wonderful!! There is no detail left untouched!! Experience the difference at Mezzo's!! You won't be disappointed!!

• Visited June 2012
“Go enjoy Mezzo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Have enjoyed everything I have ordered: Grilled freshly picked asparagus with aioli lightly drizzled; delicate fresh scallops with light sauce that didn't overpower the taste; wild salmon over incredible fresh greens salad........Have also had friendly, personable and professional servers. Didn't like cappuccino one time and got new one immediately with a smile. Nice atmosphere in which to eat exceptional food at a leisurely pace.

• Visited May 2012
“Dining Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

If you want a real treat dine at Mezzo's. Stockton is lucky to have a place like this where you can get fresh and I do mean fresh cooked food. It is served by knowledgeable friendly servers. You can choose wine from a extensive wine list or have a specialty drink from their full bar. There is indoor and outdoor dining. The menu has a wonderful selection of pasta dishes. (pasta made fresh daily) along with fish, meat and vegtable dishes. Been there many times never had a bad experience. I've actually pulled out my camera to take a photo of the presentation!. ENJOY

• Visited June 2012