“Great food, great service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: I-5
Stockton, California
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

In this town people come here for special occasions. Nice for that.
Never a bad meal, some of the best meals ever. Variety on the menu.
One of the more expensive restaurants in town. Regarded locally as the best place.
People actually dress up to come here.

85% Recommend
“Upscale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Food is pretty good. Used to be better, changed owners and chefs. Pricey. Located in Stockton, West of I-5. Great place to have meetings or banquets. Nice bar area too.

Visited September 2012
Stockton, California
“Best 'special occasion' restaurant in Stockton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Pricey, but probably the best "French" Restaurant for 50 miles. Professional chef and a wide assortment of classic and innovative food. Has a hall for group meetings, a great wine selection and fantastic desserts.

Visited November 2012
Ripon, California
“Let Down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

In the late 90's and early 2000's, I used to go to Le BIstro all the time. It was always fabulous. Then they had some owner and chef change-ups, so I stopped going because it went downhill. Well, it's been about 6 years or so and I decided to go again with my family because we were hoping for amazing Warm Spinach Salads, delicious Filet Mignons, and the all-time favorite: The Grand Marnier Souffle. Disappointment occurred on many levels tonight.

Pros: The service was pretty great. The Jalapeno-Bacon Risotto was delicious! The bread with sea-salt butter was also scrumptious. I had the duck and it was beautifully prepared and tasted great.
Cons: You remember my all-time favorite? Well... never in my life have I had such a terrible Grand Marnier Souffle. Not only was it under-cooked severely, the Grand Marnier sauce had NO Grand Marnier in it. Not only were all 5 of our souffles like this, we were not comped for ANY of them. None of us had more than two bites of our souffles. We informed the waiter right away of our dissatisfaction with the souffles, and once we saw later that we were not comped our desserts, we let him know our dissatisfaction with that as well. He then went to speak with the manager and only two of our souffles were comped. Ridiculous!

Needless to say, I will sadly never eat at Le Bistro again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“We want to love it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

French food? Don't really see it. The resturant has the potential but has trouble delivering. Inconsistent. Have been here off and on for more than 20 years and just keep wishing it would improve...we are usually dissapointed and go rarely now. One time I ordered a grand marnier souffle and someone mistakenly lined the dish in salt instead of sugar! What a disaster!!! When we notified the waitress she asked if she could bring another dessert and we were charged for it!!! This was the clencher! Returned another time to the bar for drinks and appetizers; one item was 'decent' the others weren't. We try it once a year or so, hoping for improvement but just don't see it. :(