“Upscale” 4 of 5 stars

Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: I-5
“Upscale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Food is pretty good. Used to be better, changed owners and chefs. Pricey. Located in Stockton, West of I-5. Great place to have meetings or banquets. Nice bar area too.

Visited September 2012

Stockton, California
“Best 'special occasion' restaurant in Stockton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Pricey, but probably the best "French" Restaurant for 50 miles. Professional chef and a wide assortment of classic and innovative food. Has a hall for group meetings, a great wine selection and fantastic desserts.

Visited November 2012
Ripon, California
“Let Down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

In the late 90's and early 2000's, I used to go to Le BIstro all the time. It was always fabulous. Then they had some owner and chef change-ups, so I stopped going because it went downhill. Well, it's been about 6 years or so and I decided to go again with my family because we were hoping for amazing Warm Spinach Salads, delicious Filet Mignons, and the all-time favorite: The Grand Marnier Souffle. Disappointment occurred on many levels tonight.

Pros: The service was pretty great. The Jalapeno-Bacon Risotto was delicious! The bread with sea-salt butter was also scrumptious. I had the duck and it was beautifully prepared and tasted great.
Cons: You remember my all-time favorite? Well... never in my life have I had such a terrible Grand Marnier Souffle. Not only was it under-cooked severely, the Grand Marnier sauce had NO Grand Marnier in it. Not only were all 5 of our souffles like this, we were not comped for ANY of them. None of us had more than two bites of our souffles. We informed the waiter right away of our dissatisfaction with the souffles, and once we saw later that we were not comped our desserts, we let him know our dissatisfaction with that as well. He then went to speak with the manager and only two of our souffles were comped. Ridiculous!

Needless to say, I will sadly never eat at Le Bistro again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“We want to love it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

French food? Don't really see it. The resturant has the potential but has trouble delivering. Inconsistent. Have been here off and on for more than 20 years and just keep wishing it would improve...we are usually dissapointed and go rarely now. One time I ordered a grand marnier souffle and someone mistakenly lined the dish in salt instead of sugar! What a disaster!!! When we notified the waitress she asked if she could bring another dessert and we were charged for it!!! This was the clencher! Returned another time to the bar for drinks and appetizers; one item was 'decent' the others weren't. We try it once a year or so, hoping for improvement but just don't see it. :(

auntieroz
“Best in Stockton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I highly recommend the fresh fish, which is always cooked as ordered and presented beautifully.The service is excellent, some of the better I've had in N. California. Once I hadn't been in for a year and they remembered us! The escargot are ok, onion soup gloppy, but some of the other starters are beautifully done. Recently, I have been 4 times in the past 3 months and have been very happy with my meal. The cocktails are always on special price if you have them in the bar. Otherwise you can get the price by ordering and paying in the bar, and then have them brought to your table. The ambience is perfect for conversation. If there are 2 -4 ask for a booth. Unusually for the area, they are open on Monday. Although I rated it 3$$$ we are always amazed at how reasonable it is for the quality. A very good experience.

• Visited August 2012