“Super friendly service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn and Suites Stockton

You added Budget Inn and Suites Stockton to your Saves list
Budget Inn and Suites Stockton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3473 West Hammer Lane, Stockton, CA 95219 (Formerly Vagabond Inn)   |
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Stockton
“Super friendly service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

Great friendly service......i would definitly stay here again....Lots of food places withinn walking distance.....All in all i love this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great stay for the money.☺☺☺

• Stayed February 2015

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2015

I wish I had read the reviews beforehand. I made the mistake of booking this motel based on it's proximatey to where I was going and the photos of the building. When we checked before our event during the day, the area did not look too bad, (it's right off the freeway). However, after our event we went back at night and saw evidence of possibly questionable people and dealings outside the facility as well as a used mattress lying against the fence in back. We became nervous. After hiking up to the 3rd floor we opened the door to find a smelly room, the beds unmade, stickers on the headboards, stained and cigarette burned blankets and sheets. We did not investigate any further, but turned around to leave. I checked out at the bullet-proof night desk by tuning in our card key. There was a large sign there stating "Absolutely NO refunds after checking in", so there was my answer to that question. We ended up just driving the hours it took to get home. In the future I will endeavor to be a better consumer and read the reviews beforehand.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Stockton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Found baby roaches in the bathroom, nightstand and window seal. Asked for a refund was told they don't give refunds. Stayed in another room that was cleaner. Though I felt like I was gonna see another Roach. Will not stay here again and in the morning I am looking for the number to the health department.

• Stayed February 2014
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was a good motel..........25 years ago. It is now old and filthy. The bottom stair of the stairway on the east end of the building was broken and the big chunk of concrete that had broken off had obviously been there for some time. Talk about dangerous!
It's obvious that the owners don't care about maintenance. Garish paint colors in the room I was in and disgusting carpets.
Go anywhere else but this place! Save yourself the horrible experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
moreno valley
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

This place was horriably disgusting service is terriable and rude dangerous individuals hang around the property sheets and towels were just discusting. Restrooms gunk all around the shower and tub floors were discusting could not take shoes off had to shower in rubber slippers this place is just horriable H

• Stayed November 2013
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I made the reservation on my cell and arrived to the hotel about 30 minutes later which was at about 11:00 pm PST. I was greeted by someone behind a thick piece of glass. I told him I had a reservation and gave him my last name. He said he couldn't find it. I told him I had booked the room via Expedia. He then said it could take up to a couple hours for Expedia to fax over the details of my stay and that I should call Expedia to expedite the FAX. The desk clerk also said that I shouldn't have used Expedia, that I would have gotten a better rate if I dealt with them directly.

When I called Expedia I was told that I shouldn't have to wait. The Expedia customer service rep said he would put me on hold while they call the hotel and spoke to the desk clerk. The Expedia rep then came back on the phone with me and said that I would pay the Expedia price but that they now have the confirmation. I hung up Expedia and the clerk proceeded to get me into a room.

The first room he put me into was room #230. It looked like the hotel was undergoing renovations. There was masking tape all around the doors. I walked into the room and the light switch wasn't working. I made my way to the bathroom only to find it was the only working light in the room. That's when I noticed that there was a pull out couch that looked like it was dragged out of a dumpster. The cushions were disgusting. Cigarette burns, black grease all over the arms. The bed was almost folded in half with a HUGE sag in the middle. Cigarette burns all over the bathroom counter top. The TV had no remote. The phone on the night stand had a bright blinking light but all the buttons on the phone were missing and the phone wasn't working. The carpet was littered with black grease and cigarette holes. It was filthy and disgusting.

A huge cockroach then ran across the room and went under the pull out. This was the most disgusting room I have ever set foot into. I would let me worst enemy stay there. To say it was disgusting was an understatement. I left the room and went down stairs and proceeded to call Expedia. When I talked to the rep, I was told that they could not get me a refund and it was up to the hotel owner to offer me one. I hung up the phone with the Expedia rep and this time there was a new desk clerk who barely spoke English. I told him the room was disgusting and that I wanted a refund. He said he couldn't give me one that he would allow me to check out but that was it.

I was tired after a long drive and was not in the mood for this. I asked for another room. This time he gave me room #236. When I opened the door, the pullout bed cushions were on top of the couch and pullout was partially open. There were empty beer cans and coffee cups everywhere. It looked like someone was in the room. I said hello anyone here?

The bed was not made, condom wrappers on the floor, vaginal lube on the TV. The bathroom had a nasty rag in the counter covered in black grease. It was disgusting!!!! See pics. I went down stairs to the lobby again. I ask the desk clerk to follow me up the room to see the condition of the room. He said he couldn't leave the lobby. There was a woman with him behind the glass. I said, why doesn't she stay there to cover the desk and to come upstairs to look at it. He said no.

I asked how they could put me into a room like that. His response was "you wanted a smoking room" and said with an attitude. I was so frustrated. All I wanted was to get the hell out of there. I asked for a manager and he said he was the manager. Nothing else, so I'm sorry, nothing. This place could care less about their customers.

I asked for another room. He said it's a non-smoking room. I said fine. Next he put me into room #326. When I approached the room, there was wadded up paper under the handle. Cigarette buts on the sill of the window and trash in front of the door. I entered the room and it reeked of marijuana. The room was cleaner but the stench was unbelievable. No working phone and the inside of the microwave was covered with food. I had had enough. I went to the lobby and demanded my money back. I was told no.

This was the worst hotel experience of my life. I travel extensively and use Hotels.com and Expedia for most of the stays. For Expedia to even suggest this hotel is awful. I decided to get in my car and keep driving another 3 hours to get home rather than staying in this dump. While leaving their parking lot I was approached by 3 African Americans in a beat up car asking if me if I get high.

Expedia or any other travel site should NEVER have recommend this hotel!!!!!!!!!!! I'm waiting to see if Expedia an get my money back. It's a holiday but my first call tomorrow is to the board of health.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

This room had holes in doors of room and I felt as though was trapped in my room by the gang members that were out partying all night oh my god this was craziest motel I ever stayed at! It was like party central outside until 5am and management allows it and don't think that your car is safe either they were sitting on my vehicle. My best advice is to don't put yours or your families life in danger! It looks calm but at night it's wild and seems like its a home for gang members in red clothing and party goers at night all outside the rooms! My best advice is stay at Best Western Heritage Stockton I changed to that hotel much safer!!

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Budget Inn and Suites Stockton? Share your experiences!